ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
O.k guys how weird is this.....
A few of my twirly friends and I were out this past weekend going to various 'doof' clubs in the valley to play with our glo gear...
Now we have all been twirling for at least a year and we all have pretty good control on what we are doing, and we make sure that we twirl in a designated area that isnt too close to innocent bystanders
Being in a trance club we assumed that glo gear was a common thing and that the bouncers would be used to that kind of thing.... we were to quickly find out that we were wrong and we got kicked out of the club quick smart. NO ONE was near us.. in fact people were clapping and having a great time... we also had u.v flags so the effect was really quite fantastic under lights...the bouncers explain that we cant use any type of "swingy thing" and we would get our poi confiscated (sp)if we were gonna keep doing "that kind of stuff"...
I was like "oh ok... sorry man"... and we left the club..and made our way to a hard core metal club.
This time I went straight up to the bouncer and asked if it was cool if we used the poi in the club and demonstrated what they did... his face proceeded to light up like the Fourth of July and he was like "go ahead little lady"
so we twirled and twirled and twirled and had a fantastic time... and got shouted shitloads of drinks and made heaps of friends...
We even had the bouncers thanking us for the entertainment at the end of the night...lol.
What I dont understand is why a 'trance' club would be so down on the twirling... espically when they had a little area for it and everything... yet the bogan club welcomed us with open arms and twirlimg isnt something that would happen in that type of pub often ...seems kinda funny... maybe it was a public liability thingo...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
sucks to hear man, it sounds less about btb weave and more about gutless security - did you know that the numbers on their badges are actually their iq?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh Bender! Lol.. That is no surprise...notice how the majority of them tend to stoop slightly and drag their knuckles on the ground? "UG"

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Which bogan club were you in? Just curious...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Was that family? just out of curosity too. not the bogan club, but that does sound intermeresting too. I guess you do have to understand from a venue's point of view, you can't be better entertainment than what the club is providing and paying for. You guys were just too good for em.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Got it right in one goobler! That was the club...you have proberly already heard that story from Kev Im sure, and sweet lil Rozi the bogan club is the Basement... had the best time there...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Teehee, might check it out with Stu, see if he was in attendance. He was always a little metal-head boy...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
That would spin me out if he was there....
insert theme music for the twilight zone here

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Did you look into any dark corners and see a shaven haired man, about 6 foot, looking vaguely like Hunter S Thompson, and being quiet & mysterious?

(You would be looking for someone of the kind of height that hates crowd surfers, because they keep on banging into his shoulders )

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
Yeah Kev did say about your little big experience. Didn't mention bout the bogan stooge tho. I can only say that many people have complained about Family and their lack of family values, more like a strict catholic family by the sounds of it. I have spoken to one of the promoters about it, and they say its to do with safety/insurance. yeah, right. Better stop everyone dancing then!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should come to Headcharge in Sheffield, England some time. One of the spinners there (Mr Kato) is a former bouncer from the club. So the bouncers aren't too grumpy about it.

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
giggles at Rozi
oh my goodness... I didnt notice anyone like that but he could easily have been around...Im not known for my powers of perception...lol. when you come up for a visit with him next, let me know and we can spin together

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I am planning a trip to England for the future, so maybe I will meet this mythical creature known as the laid back bouncer C@ntus...
Goobler... bogan stooge ? huh? some kind of lingo Im not getting
Yeah we had loads of fun but wont be going back to family again ever...They were all over my friend like a rash when they saw her pull her glo toys out...if its a public liability thing, your right, they should stop people dancing and also stop serving drinks in glass etc, god knows how many times i've seen smashed glasses on the ground... that has to be way more dangerous than beautiful pois providing entertainment... maybe Im just biased.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately "myself & stu" are no more, fortunately we are still friends. I will be up in brizzy though, cos another good mate has moved up there into the sun. I have to visit her, & I promise we will get together. I may even drag along a shaved head freak. You never know, you might get along!!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OH Rozi you are the sweetest thing...Will be great to meet you.. just let us brisbanites know when you are winging your way towards us... Shaven headed freaks and myself get on very well we both have a lot in common.... we are both freaks...lol

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
hooary for freaks

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach