Forums > Social Chat > The 'pay somebody a compliment' thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
The aim is simple- pay someone a sincere compliment and let's see if we can't make some HoPers smile smile

Compliment a personality trait, an aspect of their spinning, a new look, whatever- I just thought it might be nice to have a new, non-serious feel-good thread, that no-one needs to feel excluded from and hopfully won't offend anyone....

Cantus- your silly texts and warped sense of humour make me smile (sorry I've been crap at replying this week!) tongue

Brodie- Your new hair is cool, love the colour! Thank you for making me smile on MSN smile

Pink- you're lovely to everyone and always make people feel welcome and wanted, hope your knee's healing well hug

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
polythene...hug and thankyou for starting this thread...

everyone's comments have made me all gushy and teary! i am so grateful to be part of this hop community where such strong bonds are made over keyboards, cables and computer monitors. it's a beautiful thing to be a part of.

there are too many of you i want to say something to or about...

to everyone who has made me laugh, sent me a hug, made me think or even just popped in to my intro to say hello - i thank you and send you a million hug!

smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Ok here goes:

Fangorn/the Moog - For just putting up with me as your partner lol

PK - Dont really need to say why, too many reasons, just love ya bro;)

Patrick, for always being there, a special guy u are smile

Myste - same as Patrick biggrin

Mike (Brodieman) - for just being you smile

Gnor/Bill - For being there for me.

Narr - for being sweet, glad u like the bumbly bee.

Sere - for making PK happy.

Pete (hes not on HOP but he needs a mention cos hes a great person to know.)

FNF - A great msn chatter smile

Jemima- Great artwork and a sweet lady.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Written by: Narr

bird - for talking cars with me, even tough yours is rubbish tongue

AH! you haven't been introduced to the all new and improved toy yet! wink tongue

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I should be specific - the people who helped me out last year deserve it :P

Brodieman, Zougome, Cantus, Andythepoi, Babajaga, Match, Pyrowill, Mags the Jedi, Rouge Dragon, Gottaloveit, XabandonedX, Puk, Ado-p, Gita, Fire+cat=woof, nate, gothmuppet, lilliefrog, pyro_tech and Zim.

I dont think i have ever met a bunch of people nicer than you. All the way through that jhorrible phase in my life, you all had nice things to say and a limitless amount of hugs. You cared more for me than some of the people who were close to me should have (sic).

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_moon

You cared more for me than some of the people who were close to me should have (sic).

Funnily enough, thats exactly what i found out last year too smile

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

Pele: for being fair and for being unafraid to give a good friend a kick in the pants when he needs it.

Bwahahahaha

That is one of the funniest compliments I have ever received.
Any time you want a spankin', you know who to come to!
spank

ubblove

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

fyntie - thank you....

who's this fyntie person?

right back at ya anyways gopher man! zzzt!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i've been following this thread since the start and thinking about it a lot and who i would like to compliment and for what reasons.

Its kind of a dificult thing to do because i don't want to offend any one in the process.

There are many people i have met in this community that have been a friend, gave me a hug, made an impact in my life, gave me so much inspiration. I complement these people that are in my life right now and tell them that i love them, and that im thankful that i have them in my life and for being there for me when ever a friend should be.

So where to begin?

Malcolm, fully inspiring me to take on web design, following my heart and giving some thing back to a lot of people in a quite different way that he does but also to help me make so many new friends in my life just from being a member here. And also helping find my trueself in many different ways i never though possible.

Valura for being such a beautiful soul and always there when i need an online hug.

Arsn... just cos i can randomly call you when im drunk! anbd scare you.

Flynt.... for just being you and letting me make you laugh so much and making you smile.

Flashfire... your an amazing person who deserves only the best life has to offer, and it never matters to me what content you put in your pm's im here as a friend always.

Pele, we've had some amazing talks, one day we will meet and i can get to give you a hug that i have wanted to give you for so long, you too are such an amazing soul and i wish that you reciee every success in life and your new venture.

Jo Derry, man you have given me inspiration in many ways and your one of the only people that really cares as a person in my life and you come to visit me all of the time just to chill out and talk.

Astro, you are my lil sister, i love you so much and i will be sad that i wont just be able to call you up and say im on a train and coming to sheffield with the sole purpose to have coffee with you. You too have helped me through some difficult times in my life over the past 2 years, i love you with all of my heart and im glad that things are going so well for you again now. Congratulations on the new job and for finidng a nice man to share your life with, he is extrmely lucky to have some one like you, and i hope that he will cherish you in every way possible, your a person to worship and i hope that he will never forget that in you. you share so much, care so much and SPEAK so much. wink... the best sister any one could ever have.

Glass and Dom... man you guys are kewl, i wish that i got to see you more often, it has been such a long time since i last saw you guys, i miss you so much and there is an element inside of me that emulates the kewlness given off by your personalities, i would like to thank you for every thing that we have shared over the years that i have known you both and im happy to hear that your all smitten kittens and enjoying life.

I hope that i get to see you both before i leave england next month.

Cassandra.... wow the sunshine in my life, you are so small and adorable, i have had so many happy times and conversations with you that have left a peice of your beauty in my heart that i can carry with me for the rest of my life.

Shibaki... you are so lucky to have such a cute little froggie as your lady! i envy you. My friend you have spoken many wise words to me in this time we have known each other and i would like to thank you for every thing you have taught me, you are a man of wisdom and light, and i love tracy too!, you take care of her she is another special lady that i have had the pleasue to speak to and share feelings with. Right now i am enjoying the emails that you send me from India, i hope that you have a magical travel and you see every thing in life that you want to.

Bluecat... you give the best hugs, and also the best house mate that i have ever had the pleasure of sharing my space with, im sorry for all of the hard times that we had because of Nat, i hope that there will never be any hard feelings about every thing that i feel ashamed of in edinburgh.

You have taught me many things in life and most of all, thank you for handing me those magical 3 balls in january 2003... there are now 5 of them! eeek.

Arashi, you inspired the way that i do things form the logic in that you speak, abouit many different things, i hope that one day we will get to meet and play together. thanks for being you and for being so indepth at times.

Duball... for being so close to my house yet we have only spent that one afternoon together and i had so much fun!... i hope that we do it again before i leave here.

FNF.... where do i begin, you are the only girl that i have talked to and can make me cry, you ooze kewlness too and you have been a please to have spent time with in close proximity, my space is cherished and im glad that we had that talk when you came to visit.

I'm sorry that you have never been in any of my videos but you far deserve to be in one all on your own. i could talk forever about you, i love you also too much. Thanks for a fantastic time in Brum... i havnt danced like that in years!. im also sorry if my mind was a little preocupied but you know why that was.

Cantus... mate you make me laugh, you send me the most random texts ever... your also a very good friend to have, im glad that you are not so quiet in person these days as to when we first met all that time ago in sheffield.

I still have a photo of you and my friend chris from a night at head charge, taken before i even know who you were or having met you or seen you as a member here on hop.

SeRe... a girl so magical, a star so bright some one that cares in many ways and knows what she wants from me. I give up my life and career for you just to know that i feel the security that you give, the energies and most of all the love that we both share.

To spend the rest of my life with you will be an honour and the most pleasant time of my existance.

Seven for keeping the mice from my room and eating my socks.

To every one that has registered on poiinthepark.net over the past few years, you have given me inspiration to give back so much that i have learnt over the years i have been playing, it is just my way to say thank you for creating all of this!!!.

I have so many friends out side of this community that keep poping in to my thoughts right now.

I live my life in these days in happiness, giving back things i have been taught, shown, given, existed for, to be apart of the chaos that is life in this void of reality. We are all human and we all have feelings, my very close friends will know how much that i really care for them, im not shy and coy to tell any one that i love them, male or female... if you have shared my personaly space then you will know this about me.

Right now i feel like crying just to think about the many happy times that i have had and shared with many of you here, josh, kate, dom, drew, bams, hels, smoky, knoxs, dimitri, faerie ben, nix, bluecat, jez, sir sheep, lolli, solace, OWD, jo derry, tempests, cantus, FNF, mech. and soph, ucof.... every one that i have met has been a beautiful soul, you all play apart in this chaos... all paly a part in my life, my thoughts every day i think about so mauch that i have done, achieved, seen and experienced and the people i meet along the way.

i hope that no one feels offended that i did not mention them.

Also i hope that i get to spend many more happy years meeting more people here and for every one that i meet that they play another part of creating me.

Where ever i am in the world, my door is open ... you need to crash... you call me, you need a hug... i will give you one... you wanna be my friend, just talk to me... above all i care! for every one, if your a complete stranger my door is always open...

and nix ... i expect that you spend at least a month at my new house in italy when i arrive there... you and sylvia. i cant wait to meet her and neither can Serena.

thanks again Malcolm... you have been a big help to me on many occasions, please accept my love and thoughts to you, cherry, jesse and seven.

hug ubblove ubbangel smile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Oh wow! How exciting. Thanks Sakura. Anytime smile

*blushes insanely*

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: PK

Arsn... just cos i can randomly call you when im drunk! anbd scare you.

If you really want to scare him, throw a moth at him. Obviously it's a close proximity jape. But it's well worth being near him for...

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao!!! i will remember that when i eventually get to meet him in person..... do spiders work too>?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
only if you give them really easy tasks. Otherwise they tend to get frustrated and wander off....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what arsn or the spiders? or BOTH

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I dunno. Arsn just does something unspecified involving phones doesn't he?

Personally I think it's a gaychat phone line.

"Hi I'm Troy, I like fire and playing with my staff..."

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

I dunno. Arsn just does something unspecified involving phones doesn't he?

Personally I think it's a gaychat phone line.

"Hi I'm Troy, I like fire and playing with my staff..."

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Arsn muttered something when I read this thread to him, but it isnt safe to reprint on HOP...
Since we found out about the baby Arsn has a job at a chemical plant...
Our life seems to be getting more and more like the Simpsons everyday.
Marge gets pregnant and Homer gets a job at nuclear power plant!!! hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
d'oh!

ubblol sorry! someone had to say it...and i figured it may as well be me!! hehehe

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hand arsn a 6 pack of duff light*

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
i like it how the "pay somebody a compliment" thread has turned into the "thank sombody for an arbitrary reason" thread

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
As long as everyone's being nice to each other, I don't care smile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
ditto

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Flashpoint makes wicked chocolate cake biggrin

That's a compliment and a thankyou! beerchug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
They'll be more... I'm on a baking spree!!!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
They'll be more... I'm on a baking spree!!!

And thanks to Wild Child et al for being nice enough to eat it!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
it was no hardship! roll on next sunday biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you can mail me some in the post if they are that good!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Heres my 2 cents, as you know I have a terrible memory and so I have written a short list thats been slowly building up last few days. If you are not on here sorry but you are still in my thoughts even if I havent mentioned ya.
In no particular order:

Pink...? - For quite simply being lovely, a pleasure to talk to always and for knowing my pain with the knee op, keep hobbling girl!

Goth Frogette - For being my PM pal for about 4 months in a constant conversation and for administrating spankings, your the best, see you soon.

UCOF - A great if slightly perverted guy, made me feel welcome from day one, you always make me laugh, thanks.

Cantus - Your sarcasm has kept me entertained for ages, thanks for being the only other one awake at 4am and for always keeping me company and for filling me with great news about the history of the Ginger Gene

Mint Sauce - For being what i would consider my first HoP'er as a friend,for keeping the camp fire 'warm' at Reading and for supplying me with embarassing falls to put into video ubblol

Wild Child - For being so nice and sweet and offering me a place to stay in the maze of Manchester thanks hun xxx

Skullduggery - For having an opinion on most things I say and for the enthusiasm for my seaweed costume. Your lovely and have been a great friend

Loves_the_circus & nucleopoi (Ed & Georgina) - For being the only other spinners in Hull and for offering me floor space, congrats guys on your engagment once again

Sakura moon - For being so sweet and for wasting school time to talk to me

XabandoneX - For being my midnight msn buddy and growling occassionally wink

Flash Fire - For the encouragement and love for ginger hair, and for sending an extremely lovely chocolate bar thousands of miles and therefore forcing me to breka my diet, your the best XxX

And last but not least Malcolm of course for without you this would not be possible and I would probably be out playing in parks and learning things in University than being on here tongue

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

1,803 posts

Posted:
Thanks pyro smile its made my school day :P

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
i cant say that i know any of you cause im new to the whole HoP forum thing but.....

your all a fantastic bunch of ppl with great personalities, keep up the fire arts!!

top work to tillyontheroad, you became a user a few days ago to reply to my thread, hope you keep it up, i'll see you soon.

clap i gave my love a chicken, it had no bones....mmmmm chicken ubblol

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I'd like to compliment UCOF on being eager to help smile

1,803 posts

Posted:
I ahve mildly amusing compliments now:

UCOF - acts innocent when around me, even though i know what hes thinking:P
Pyrowill - a sexy bum and a bartender...how about a drink?
Brodieman - My darkside mentor who educated me in what bondage tape is. A very knowing guy.
Therenolution - Is sexy
Fine Rabid dog - Is slightly person unknowingly :P Dont worry i mean that in a nice way!
Llliigghhttnniinngg - Having a noodle fight with me
Goth frogette - Has the BEST fashion sense ever
Orange bobo - Malice Mizer...that automatically makes you cool
And everyone who tucked me in

Page: