Forums > Social Chat > The 'pay somebody a compliment' thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
The aim is simple- pay someone a sincere compliment and let's see if we can't make some HoPers smile smile

Compliment a personality trait, an aspect of their spinning, a new look, whatever- I just thought it might be nice to have a new, non-serious feel-good thread, that no-one needs to feel excluded from and hopfully won't offend anyone....

Cantus- your silly texts and warped sense of humour make me smile (sorry I've been crap at replying this week!) tongue

Brodie- Your new hair is cool, love the colour! Thank you for making me smile on MSN smile

Pink- you're lovely to everyone and always make people feel welcome and wanted, hope your knee's healing well hug

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
What a lovely new thread to put my first post in since before christmas!!!

I would like to compliment polythene on a lovely topic

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'd just like to say thanks to a Mr Fryed Fish, for sharing his talent which most of us can relate to atleast part of it

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
hum....well i can think of 5 people that deserve at least a thank you

Havokist : for taking time to read and understand my words beerchug

Gothfrgette : for listening to ALOT of my rants, and reminding me I'm not alone hug

Pink... : for, well, for just being her wink

Burning Brain : for comeing up with some interesting topics in the social debate secion meditate

grasshoppah : for teaching me how tp spin poi weavesmiley

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
smile

grasshoppah: for being a robot and never, ever pretending otherwise.

Love is the law.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
*blushes*

redface

FF: it's no problem dude, here to help, plus i owe you a beer tongue beerchug

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
There are so many people on HoP I'd like to compliment...... I fear I might miss people out but if I start and keep on adding as I remember (I'm old. I have a bad memory!)

I'd like to compliment Gidg on just being Gidg. A more fun filled, happy person you couldn't wish to meet. The number of times her posts have made me laugh I can't count. Thank you Gidg for just being here. hug

Pink...? needs complimenting for many reasons. She has a kind heart and a warm soul. She always makes you feel better just by talking to you. hug

UCoF is a loon but I love him to bits. He has made me laugh and cry on HoP. His honest heart felt cry for help was when I first really saw both sides of him. Since then I've chatted to him and consider him a friend. hug

Bird listens endlessly to me on MSN rant on and on when I've had a crappy day. Thank you for being there Sweetie! hug

ado-p, Vanize, Brodieman, Dubs, molly, Gayle, Non, Will .... and many more that join in the madness in my intro thread. Thank you all for adding to it. You ability to suspend all need for reality and join in the fun has entertained me on many an occassion. grouphug

Patrick the lil badger boy who always knows the right moment to send a bucket loads of hugs. Thank you too hug

Dunc for being the first to greet me and make me feel at home. hug

Gothfrogette for her bravery and her style! We'll make the best damn good fairy/bad fairy team. Just don't forget to bring the fairy dust! hug

Mags for organising the Falmouth meet before Christmas where I met a whole bunch of people that need compliments too....... oh god this could take a long time...... ok how about I just say that everyone there gave something to the meet and made it special grouphug

Gayle needs complimenting on her organisational skills and for just being a fantabulous person hug We are evil twins!

SDLW for her driving skills that saved us from a crash! Luckly I didn't see because I'm very short and was sitting behind a high head rests so I managed not to panic! hug

Non for being a great person to travel with. hug

Rossco Bossco is the best damn courier you could wish to meet hug

Mech needs complimenting on his great staff making skills and his good taste in ladies hug

Cantus for his artistic skills and sharing them with us in his gallery. hug

arsn for his ability to communitcate only in graemlins (he'll know what this means) and for his taste in ladies.... for like mech he has picked a partner with a heart of gold. hug x3 (one for arsn, one for valura, and one for belly bump)

Nate for not losing his cool when trapped in a car with 4 women hug

Oli for his skills with the poi and clothes hug

Strugs and all the soton people for providing a weath of videos to watch that have inspired me to practice more.

Mot for his site. I've found it very helpfull!

Frodo for his ability to shed clothes ubblol

Mand and Spitfire for oozing love and happiness all over HoP.

Rosie Mary for not freaking out when I threatened to turn her sons skin into leather and make cushion covers out of him.

OK well I think thats almost enough for now..... if you aren't on the list yet its not because I've forgotten the nice things you have done for HoP or me personally its more I think I better leave enough bandwidth for others to voice their compliments and thanks.

I have to make one HUGE thank you and compliment one person for his idea and hard work. Malcolm, thank you for creating HoP and for creating this community. Without which I wouldn't have got to know all the above people. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Thank you all for making me feel like I've walked into the middle of a support group! tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Your most welcome lil badger boy! ubblol

hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Thanks to *all* the manc meet people who have made an old out of towner laugh like a loon at some of your antics - Milhouse for scally put-downs the first time I met him, and Tobi's Pogo Stick - not the falling off bit, i bet it hurt like hell, but we can laugh about it, and Cantus - I owe you a fiver!

And to *everyone* else, any time you need a stopover in the Chester/Ellesmere Port area, i can have tea made in 5 mins and cake in an hour. Iced, too...

You've made me feel welcome. And for that more than anything else, thank you all....
hugubbrollsmilehugubbrollsmilegrouphugubbrollsmilehugubbrollsmilehug

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ohh, this is nice.

i don't really know many of you guys, but these are my perceptions...

meditator: i think you're a really chill, open person, and you're interesting

havokist: thanks for all the pizza

valura and arsn: you're going to be great, loving parents

gothfrogette: i think you're unreal on many levels

medusa: you seem really opinionated, and i love that

skulduggery: you've got a lot of joy in you

flynt: you write some cool poetry

sparkey: for anti hating me

lightning: for having a good heart

umm, yeah. i think lots more nice stuff about other people too. just can't think of it now. cuddles all round.

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Your all lovley and you all know it hug

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Oh such a lovely thread hug

Where do i start?

UCOF - For introducing me to poi, and giving lovely hugs hug

Juice - For being there for me whenever i need you, and for all these years of madness we have had together

Cantus - For making me laugh when i'm feeling down

Polythene - For having such a kind and lovely heart, and making me my lovely mini-poi

Flid - For being an amazing cook, and a great drunken Santa tongue

Sir Sheep - For being a lovely soul, who had endless patience, and great taste in disney films

Bird - For being such a darling and coming to see me when i couldn't go out, with a girls best friend - a massive chocolate cake. You are so kind.

Beth - For being such a lovely, outgoing person smile

Ben - For being so kind, and making me laugh with your massive ego. For helping make this summer one of my best yet!

ParaffinFairy - For being so lovely and having the coolest poncho around. Plus not forgetting for what you are going to help me with (the mission ben has sent me)

2bags - For being so kind, and sweet. And being such a nutter. With an ego to rivel Bens.

(oh god, so many lovely, wonderful people to put down!)

Mech - For making me laugh so many times (remember the time we threw your trousers out the window, onto the ambulance at Joes? ubbangel ) yet being sweet and caring at the same time

Narr - For being so sweet and tolerating my awful sense of direction redface

Frodo & Strugz - For many fun nights in Soton gone, and to come hopefully.

Dunc & George - For being so kind and giving me one of the best christmas gifts ever!

Garthy & Oli - For fantastic ToF nights, and for teaching me to hyperloop. I can't believe i was against them!

FNF - For being such an inspiring soul, and a lovely person hug

Skuldug - For being online when i need to talk, and for having some of the best advice around. hug

Jem - For being so silent, yet so lovely to talk to at the same time.

Simian - For the best game of Cludo in my life, plus just for being wonderful.

(this list could go on forever, so i shall stop in a min and add more later)

Durbs - For the wonderful guildford meets, for being really kind and lovely

Mintsauce - For being really lovely, and someone i can talk to, plus for lending me that amazing book

PyroWill - For being really sweet and letting me and Tobi film loads of random stuff with your camera ubbangel

Ok not the end of the list, just too many wonderful people to put down all at once ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Pink is underrated.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ditto

Much underrated for being there for me in such a crap part of my life and never telling me to stop winging about how poo!! My life is right now. ubblove hug ubblove Thank you. hehe

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Thank you

Brodie - for making me smile
UCoF in Simian - for making me laugh in their videos and bow down in wonderment
Cantus - for being so random yet always passing a positive comment
Gnor - for being like a 2nd mummy
The Doctor in training - For giving me support when I needed it
GLI - (we havn't spoken in ages!) for making me feel welcome when I first joined HoP
Corkey - You know what for...your just amazing, i miss you
Grotbox - For being superingly super.
People from Ebo meets Mark, Penny, Mandy, Jon, Yarmes and everybody else - for making the Hastings posse feel welcome hug
Creaturesfarley - for being fantasticly fantastic

I actually broke down in tears writing this post.

No matter how crappy life gets, I always think of all the beautiful people in the world...and smile

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
um k this might have to be done in parts 5 at a time me thinks

Katl2d- been truley wonderful getting to know you, your much fun to be around
simian- your simpally wonderful
weazel- i feel provliged to even know you
Tao star- my sofa just does not look the same with out you, your a true friend
Ds ads- really enjoying spending time with you in recient

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
Well I don't know many people on here b/c I haven't come on here in a long time but everyone here is so nice and helpful!~

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
UCoF for the mp3 (well, wma) and being generally amusing
Flid for being the most helpful person in the world
OWDave for having very interesting thoughts which I find it hard to reply to
Skul for being the first person on HoP I felt knew who I was
Mags for inspiring me within poi (doubt he remembers smile )
Simian for the collaboration of one evening's thread-finding (whatever became of that helpful advice threads thread?)
Dromepixie for the continuing saga of her hardware problems wink
Bird for being the first person to say hello on my intro thread
Everyone who posted comments in my gallery, because I love taking my pics/starring in them and it means a lot that you looked smile

And everyone I missed.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ubblove

K i might come back and add to this,

blueglow: for being my other mother lol, you never fail to make me smile hun

simian: cos your cool, and quirky, in a good way

ucof:cos you give good hugs and are generally...... hang on i just copied pink, ahh well

smallboy:cos you made me feel like a special lady and your just loverly

pink:because shes a happy bunny and she taught me the benefits of hot rocks

astrofairy:cos she always listens to me waffle on msn and picks me up wheni am down

cantus:for interesting conversation on msn and accurate spelling

bird:cos your allways smiling and just loverly person

weasle:cos your fluffy and we have great facial expression convos

kit:cos you looked after me and made my visit to ed a good un and you are fun to chat with on msn

thats it for now smile
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1108084682)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Lord...so many.

Bams and Hells: for housing me

Cole: for providing...um...well, we're not allowed to talk about it on HOP. wink

Jon: for amusing all of us

Arsn: for being a pillar of HoP

Valura: for unconditional love

Pele: for being fair and for being unafraid to give a good friend a kick in the pants when he needs it.

Pink: for...well...for pink!

FNF: for spreading happiness

Cantus: for remembering everyone

Flash Fire: for caring

Josh: for being one of the few people around here who knows what the heck he's doing

Charles: for speaking up when it's needed

NYC: for giving my brain a good scratching post. wink

Gnor: for pure awesomeness

Myco: for thinking of me

Brodie: for choosing a profession that I'd never be brave enough to join.

There are many others, and if your name isn't here I claim full responsibility; it is merely an oversight on my part. I love you all. hug2

And last, but most certainly not least...

MALCOLM for making all this possible. ubblove

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:

I was about to write one but i really cant put ppl down in names, there are so many!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
everybody is very fluffy. i anti-hate you all!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Skulduggery, You wrote a pm to a friend of mine at exactly the right time, and made her so happy. Thankyou, because her happiness is important to me, and you are a beautiful soul for being so kind to her.

PK, you rock man, every day we have been friends, is another day of blessings for me. Thankyou for your friendship, your humour, your advice and your caring. You have really touched my life, and I am so honoured to call you friend. Massive hugs to you honey.

Arsn, Valura, my family. Arsn, everytime I see you, I am blown away by the depth of you. Your quiet gentle moments are a balm to me. Valura, you are always my fiercely protective, healing, angel sending sister, and you know how much I adore you for it smile I love you guys so much.

Rozi, thankyou my darling, for logic, for sillyness, for sardines and for being equally impatient and patient with me wink You make me a better person everytime we talk.

Mech, My mum watched Riddick the other day, and she loved the same line that we do. Back of the bus and stuff... I'm so glad I met you. I have some hilarious memories of times with you, and I"m very greatful of that.

Bovril, my great monkeybeastman! You taught me more about patience in four months, than I have ever had to know my entire life. You made me pull my hair out! But I love you for it. I love our movie going, juggling, mad giggling and music sharing moments, and thou you exasperate me so much, I'm so bloody glad you are out there in the world. I hope to see you again real soon...

There's more, but its really late here, and I'm all tiredy... Myco, thanks gorgeous! I'm glad you like my poetry, that means alot to me smile

More to come, love to all!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mint Sauce - your choice of music has had my brother in fits of giggles for 3 days now.

PyroWill - you took a jokey suggestion and actually ordered it for my birthday. You adorable muppet you tongue

FNF - the best (and worst) travelling companion in the universe. There's nobody I'd rather cover with blankets and wander off to bury wild dogs on a sand dune in a distant desert.

Polythene - you fixed my little wheel and occasionally remember to change my water. Thanks for letting me out to run around in the garden sometimes.... No one I'd rather have as an owner wink

Psycho_lemming - cares so much about the safety of a postcard traversing the world that she will wrap it in a padded envelope and send a whole host of other treats along side it to keep it company.

Firepoise - finest purveyor of reindeers and stripey knee socks in living memory. Dubious taste in music just adds to the charm tongue

Pink... - chose to waste all her credit in the last few days just to keep me sane. Plus she limped all the way to the postbox yesterday to make me smile. If it's made of paper is it strictly a "card" though honey?

UCOF - best breakfast in bed in the land. too many good points to mention. Make some up yourself, they're bound to be close to the mark.

Bender - largest collection of bendercentric psy trance tunes on the planet.

Mig - flagellates himself with his keyboard. Nuff said.

Lightning - enlightened the world to the fact that there is no e in lightning.

Brodieman - proclaimed the obverse wink

Simian - encouraged me to explore the differing aspects of my psyche, manifest and then annoy others with them.

Bluecat - Causes me to swear more consistantly than anyone else in the HoPiverse. Pretty much along the lines of "How the frigging hell did he do that?" and other such heavily veiled compliments.

That's enough for now methinks. More to come at some point in the future. If the thread doesn't turn into a slanging match and get moved into social discussion wink tongue

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
best and worst hey? ubblove too true....

I want to compliment all the Hoppers I have met and corresponded with for being yourselves and being wonderful.

ubblove

you make my world a happier place.

I have yet to come into contact with one that hasn't made me sing and smile inside.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi: For taking me under his wing at Earthcore when I was alone and didn't know anyone...and attempting to teach me new moves. For his thoughtful insights and company. smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
ditto

Dentrassi is one of the wonderfullest people

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ahem. Dubious?! As in dodgy?!

Pah tongue

There is nothing wrong with funk music. In fact, funk music can save the world biggrin

You just have to appreciate it ubblol

Hugs and love to all the good souls

kiss

Getting to the other side smile

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to thank jemima for the comment, any time honey smile, love chatting with you too:)

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Page: ...