Forums > Social Chat > Long Lost and Forgotten About Cartoons

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
-I can already tell this is going to be one of those "oh yeh..i remember that..that cartoon kicked arse!!" threads..here goes...

does anyone remember a cartoon called Lone Star?
It was about a cowboy and his horse that had special powers e.g By the power of the wind or eyes of the hawk.....and he had loads of rocket launchers and stuff!!! it was an amazing cartoon!

and then theres touche turtle!

and dogtanion!

and wizbit! with paul daniels and that yellow star type of thingy..can you belive that i remembered the name of that programme only after remembering the star and having never thought about it for over 12 years!!

check this out:
Old Programmes!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
How about the Fraggles

Cant remember the actual song but the rude version went something like this :

Down at Fraggle Rock,
Grab a fraggle by the ****,
Throw him in the air,
Catch him by his ***** hair,
Down at Fraggle Rock

I think Lone Star may have been called Brave Star :
Eyes of a hawk
Speed of a Puma
Strength of a bear

Nostalgia!!!!

192 posts

Posted:
Down at Fraggle ROck,
Worries for another day,
Down at Fraggle Rock,
Something, something, something

im not sure about the name...but we definatly have the right cartoon

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

192 posts

Posted:
and BANANAMAN!!
wow!

192 posts

Posted:
and Knightmare! ive met the bloke that used to present that...whilst shopping in sainsburys in pinner (near where i live)

and cockleshell bay!

and family ness!!

and rent-a-ghost!! wow!!

and....ok..i will shut up and go

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Does anyone remember Visonaries???
u know the world has lost all its power and the humans go back to the dark ages with knights that have powers to turn into animals and staffs with magical powers???
that cartoon kiked major ass
How bout Mask the cartoon where the vehicles and people had well good weapons and stuff!!!
Button Moon!!!!!!
ohh too many to mention if i got really into it!!!!

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
YEAH BO!!!!

Brave Star (or lone star..whatever) kikd fukin ass! So did banaman!

Anyone remember City Of Gold? Or Euleses (can't spell it, it's pronounced yoo-le-sees)? Those were fukin trippy

AAAAAH! Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, HO!!!
Can anyone confirm the names? Liano woz the main dude, Panthro woz the blue dude, Cheetara wos the chick, an then there was Snarf the cat thing... any others?

HeMan, SheRah?
Roland rat?... Round the Bend?...Orvil the Duck?
PHWOOOAR!- U got me started now!

Nelly the Elephant....The Nessie's?>>..

WhooOOPVooOp!!

...I'll be back!

Az abouve, So below...

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Pigeon Street!!!!!

If you go down to pigeon street, here are the people you might meet, here are the people that like to say, hello, goodbye . . . . . . .

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
DFQ - good going on the Thundercats I had forgotten about them, what was the bad guy called - Mumra?? something like that I think

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Yeah Baby BraveStar,
he had a gun called Mary Jane and a theme tune that went Braaavestaaaar Eyes of the Hawk, Strength of the bear... Bravestar speed of the Puma Ears of the Zebra or something...
I applied to get on Knightmare! Didnt happen though.
Where am I?
in a message Board with a badly animated big bomb!
THE VISIONARIES
FILLED WITH MAGICAL LIGHT THEY FIGHT
Puddle Lane
The weird World Of Artur C clarke or whatever it was called.
JAYCE AND THE WHEELED WARRIORS!!!
DQF there was also Wily Kid and Wily Kat.
The theme tune To Citys of Gold was ace so was the big golden eagle.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

192 posts

Posted:
just found out...its bravestarr

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Forgot to mention BATFINK - my wings are like a shield of steel (an all that)

Oh and Dangermouse

192 posts

Posted:
BRAVESTARR

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I thought it was Bravestarr's horse (that had mechanical legs) that had the gun called Mary Jane, which was a winchester rifle type thing.

Thundercats was amazing - Mum-Ra the everliving was the main baddy, but he couldn't leave his pyramid for very long so he had to the the mutant things to do his dirty work for him.

anyway, got to go, I'll be back with more thundercats stuff a bit later.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Right, now I'm home and not at work, here's some more thundercats stuff - this is all from memory, so I might get some stuff wrong
Sorry if this ends up a long post, I'm more than likely to start rambling

Anyway, the mutants -
Slithe, the most intelligent one, was a lizard, i can't remember what weapon he had, I think it was some kind of whip.
Monkien, unsurprisingly, was a monkey - I think he had some kind of shield weapon that had a head carved into the front that spat rocks at people.
Jackal was the more mechically minded mutant, he did the building for slithe's schemes.
I think there was a vulture type mutant too, but I'm not sure.

The thundercats - originally from a planet named Thundera, they were chased off as the planet was destroyed by the mutants, their spaceship crashed on Third earth, as did one of the mutants ships. They built themselves a fortress and tank out of the ship's wreckage, whereas the mutants allied with Mum-Ra.
Anyway, there was:
Lion-O, the leader, even though he was one of the youngest thundercats - still a child when the ships went into their hyperspace equivalent, his body kept growing in stasis so he's quite immature compared to how he looks.
He carries the sword of omens, which has the eye of thundera in the crosspiece, and a cat's paw gauntlet type thing with knuckles that he could use like a grapple.
The Sword of Omens was stored at the size of a dagger, but grew when Lion-O summoned the thundercats to him (Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, HO!!!!!) He could also use it for the sight beyond sight thing when he held it up to his face.
Panthro - The mechanic thundercat, he was mainly grey and used nunchuku, he built the fortress (cat's lair) and the thundertank (we he was always repairing)
Tigra - He used a 3 headed whip that could turn him invisible when he wrapped it around himself.
I think he was also tricked into breaking the eye of thundera at some stage.
Snarff - Lion-O's nanny, didn't do much except winge about how much trouble the other thundercats were getting into.
Cheattara - She used a Bo staff, which she could shrink to fit into her lycra somewhere (she didn't have any pockets though, so I wonder where she put it ). She could run really fast.
WileKit and WileCat - the youngest thundercats, they were always running aroung jumping through trees and stuff - they had mini smoke and flash grenades.
There was a dead thundercat too, but I can't remember his name - he stayed out of stasis to pilot the ship, which is why he died of old age and handed down the sword of omens to Lion-O. he popped up occasionally like a dead jedi, all glowing blue and ghostly, to give Lion-O some help.
I think that's more or less all the thundercats I can remember.

I remember Ulysees31 too, loosely based on Homer's The Odysee, but set in the future.
Ulysees' son (telemacus) was captured by some people who worshiped the cyclops, and he killed it getting his son back - the Gods then had their vengance and wiped the maps from his ship's computer and put all his crew to sleep. Ulysees only escaped this because he was trying to fix the ship's reactor. I think his son wasn't put to sleep because he was already dead or something like that. he was playing with his robot when it happend anyway, I don't remember any more than that.
Actually, I remember the really cool energy shield Ulysees had on one wrist and the laser pistol/sword he held in the other hand. And I remember he had a beard.

I can't remember anything about the Mysterious cities of gold other than the Goldern Condor, and that CBBC posted people the lyrics to the song if they sent in a self addresses envelope.

I do remember Mask, I had a couple of those models, but I had the one with the mask that shot out beams of light, I really wanted the one that deafened people instead, or the motorbike that was also a helicopter.

He-man was brilliant too, much better than She-Ra, he had battlecat, the green tiger whereas She-ra had a pink horse.
Horak, she-ra's nemesis, was nowhere near as evil as skeletor either.

Does anyone else remember Centurians, these 3 blokes wore this body armour that had various holes in it for different bits to bolt into - they could get suited up as a plane, tank or that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now, there's probably plenty here already

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
WOW! Childhood was soooo sweet

Wot about Button Moon?
"with Mr Spoon... button moon..."

And Bagpuss...
and choc-a-bloc
and the flumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrghhhhhhhhhh, much crazy-ness....

Nessie... that cartoon with the scottish kids and the bag-pipes and special whistles.... The Nessies!!!! Yeah!!!

And battle of the planets/defenders of the universe...

Must say tho' Ulyseessess (can't spell it either) and Mysterious cities of gold royally kicked ass...

*falls down exhausted but happy*

Cheers guys

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
My two favourites:

SUPER-TED!!

DANGERMOUSE!!

yay yay wahaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hey I had forgotten about SuperTed

Now does anyone want to take a guess at what the 'magic powder' that Mother Nature gave to superted was?????

Mark P

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
He Man rocks. Danger Mouse is cool and we shared the same initials.

Anyone remember Trapdoor? I've still got every single one on video.

I also used to love Charlton and the Wheelies.

Not strictly a cartoon but great all the same was Pipkins!

Onelove Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
I still miss Duckula. I have a couple of episodes on tape but have been looking for more.

"But Nanny, you're the abominable snowman!"
"Oh, I never am!"

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I think the special whistles in the nessies were called 'Thistle Whistles'

I hadn't realised until recently that Count Duckula was also a villain in Dangermouse.

Does anyone remember the name of the white furry thing that Baron Greenback kept in Dangermouse?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
phwooar DFQ and ros you are the coolest cats posting
Cities of gold and Dangermouse

did anyone mention
Hong Kong Phouy yet

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
wow i fell real young now,with the exeption of dfq's list I havent heard of any of those,oh and danger mouse.I guess they were before my time.

Non-Https Image Link

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I f*cking love Danger Mouse. Sadly it was only aired for a short time in the US. I still remember watching all the cartoons and waiting and waiting for the Thames productions logo to come on cuz then I knew it was DM time. For so long I wanted to live in a London mail box.

What about Space Ghost? That show was awesome. Or Silver Hawks and M.A.S.K., and the (original) Ghost Busters?

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It's also quite odd that someone mentioned Fraggle Rock and cantus is nowhere to be found..............

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah it's odd that isn't it Puppy. Actually I've been away for most of this month but no one seems to have even noticed.

right who wants to know what?

Baron Greenback's pet was called Nero.

The nessie cartoon is called Family Ness.

Marshall Bravestarr's horse was called 20/20.

If I listed my favourite cartoons I'd be here all night. But I really used to love Chorlton and the Wheelies, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Ulysese31, Duckula, Dangermouse, Will o' the Wisp, Battle of the Planets, Dogtanian and the the 3 Muskerhounds, Mask and Hong Kong Fuey - to name but a few.

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Lucky Luke

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
some of my favorits were

*danger mouse
*berk (a funniy claymation thing)
*samurai pizza cats (who do you call when you want some peparoni)
um....
*supper ted

*roger ramjet ( if anyone remembers he was a bit suss he use to pop pills be for he got his superpowers?)
*rocky and bullwinkel
*count duckular
thats all i can remember
any who,
jane

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
OMG/s The Real Ghostbusters rocked NADS!!!!!! My friends and I were just talking about that today. I am AMASED nobody's tried to put that into syndication or release the series 'cause all of us tail end gen x-ers would dive on it.

What's the opinion on the new Transformers they're doing right now?

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
OMFG's roger ramjet Thank you Bandaid Girl

roger ramjet he's our man, hero of our nation.......

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
for his adventures just be sure and stayed tuned to this station!

heheeh RR was funny, i like the russians they always had on there, Boris and Natasha! "ya boris..."and the robots! *BUZZ CLICK WHIR*

heehee danger mouse rocked, "Si Baroni!" City of Gold was my favourite... Chockky! not a cartoon, but used to scare the hell out of me. then there was Sailor Moon when i was in highschool *sigh* and who could forget Rocko's Modern Life...

and my all time favourite, a canadian cartoon called STICKING AROUND ` "Scraaaaaaaaadly!""

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Page: ...