Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Want to Perform with Fire? (Melbourne based - no experience required)

Login/Join to Participate

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hello interested individual.

I am a Melbourne based fire performer who works predominantly solo. Formally part of a troupe of three, my former partners have lost interest over time to the point that they no longer perform. I regularly get requests for duo performances – Hence I am in need of finding or training a new partner.

Key Desired Characteristics:
Energetic personality and a strong desire to perform with fire.
Good sense of movement, rhythm and body awareness.
Preferably female (most requests I get are for male female acts)
Melbourne based – preferably closer to city

Further but Non-Essential Skills:
Competency in multiple forms of fire equipment.
Circus skills: Stilt-walking, torch juggling, devil sticks, diablo, contact, etc
Gymnastics: Acrobalance and or tumbling.
Dance and / or Martial Arts Skills.
Painting, sculpting and or / costume making skills.
Musical skills of any form.
Puppetry; body prosthetics, stick, glove or marionette manipulation.
Fire sculpture, eating and / or breathing.

Successful applicant will receive free comprehensive training in all forms of fire equipment, body movement and fire safety procedures. Assistance with obtaining public liability insurance will also be provided.

If interested please contact David on 0421 851 886 or email your contact details to crystalflame@mail.com

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

BlazeCircusBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Hi there...i hope i don't seem cheeky but i need help...do you have any info on the legalities of fire performing in street locations....plzzzz...im a poi , staff , sword performer just starting on the path of fire performance..any advice would be great..thx and good luck finding your lady fire star

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
welcome to HoP, Blaze!

please raise your help issue in either the help forum or the performers' forum. this is a very old request and dave has since moved on to form the spectacular Cirque Mystique troupe.

https://www.cirquemystique.com.au/

if u need a chat about melb peformances/troupes/legalities, i am available at both weekly melb meets - wednesdays and sundays.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well done Bender... I might lock this thread if Dave has all he needs from it now.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?