Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > What is this move and how do I do it?

Login/Join to Participate

rustyrayzSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
https://youtu.be/zwTkndtA8TE

This video, between 0:30 and 0:34. I have spent so much time trying to figure out how to do what he is doing and my brain cannot decipher what is going on.

Please! Somebody help explain what he is doing! Does this move have a name? Is there a video out there that teaches this specific move? It looks like it should be so much easier than it actually is! HALP!

KingcactuswolfBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a "Split Time Butterfly Wallplane flower" with maybe some behind the head variations thrown into it.

here is a video on the basics of the trick: https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Split-Time-Butterfly-Wallplane-Flower-3_18_329

Hope this helps

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Looks to me like both hands are doing a 4 petal antispin flower in the wall plane, with a split time opposite timing and direction. In other words, doing a 4 petal antispin, with the hands going in opposite directions, and poi meeting on the 3 and 9 o'clock petals. Guy goes into a little variation at 0:34 - 0:38 where the top petal arcs go behind his head.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
ive seen this done and cant get the opposite timing, when they showed me they called it a 'clock'; beaniebob is right though. best way to learn it i was told is to start off doing a butterfly then start doing a triquetra with one hand and as it hits the first point start the 2nd mirroring it, the poi only pass when going up down

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

rustyrayzSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
This definitely looks like the trick I'm looking for! I saw that video as I was randomly going though the list of poi moves before posting this but wasn't sure if it was the same technique or not. It certainly achieves a similar if not identical effect.

Thanks to everyone who replied back to this post! I feel justified having posted it in advanced poi moves lol. I will let everyone know if I can get this down off of the above tutorial!

rustyrayzSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
Also, for beaniebob, I feel like I can definitely learn the behind the head variation if I can get the basics down. I can't even say how many times I have watched this video trying to replicate the movements haha.