Forums > Help! > Fire breathing and breathalyzers

Login/Join to Participate

HarlequinHorrorstranger
2 posts

Posted:
First off I want to say "HI" to HOP and everyone that reads here. I have been researching from HOP for a while now and been practicing my fire breathing for some time now. recently I had done a fire gig for a friend of mine, all was going well and the gig lasted a full two hours.(keep in mind i was performing for the whole time with little brakes.) stupid om my part i know. so being dehydrated after words i had a few drinks with my friend and afterwords was on my way home. it had been at least 2 hours since the gig had ended and my stomach was starting to feel woozy so i pulled over to rest a bit. i ended up falling asleep for awhile until a few cops appeared at my car. so my question is would breathing fire for that long a time have any affect on the breathalyzer test. I had been doing some research on breathalyzers and found that there are quite a few things that can throw it off. one being smoking and i am a heavy smoker. so if anyone would have any bit of information on the topic i would greatly appreciate the help as i do need it for this problem. thanks to all.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
ehh, are you censored joking...?

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

HarlequinHorrorstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Explain.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
why would fire breathing affect a breathaliser test? what the heck are you using for fuel!? shrug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

LivSpinBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
So your stomach feels woozy after 2 straight hours of fire breathing performance and all you do is pull to the side of the road to rest and then fall asleep? O_O

Also, what Gita asked... What are you using for fuel??

Did you take your charcoal pills?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
https://youtu.be/2Svwm_k9hYk

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
No no, it clearly says he felt woozy after performing for 2 hours without any water then "having a few drinks".

My question, why were you driving drunk?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
@ FRD... laugh3

also...hope we haven't scared you off harlequinhorror, but yeah, this isn't safe behaviour, so i'm hoping that you might do things a lil differently in the future! fire breathing is dangerous enough without adding drinking then driving to the mix! be safe out there peoples!! hug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
a basic answer would be it could throw off your results if you used alcohol or alcohol based fuel (maybe white spirit would effect it) but as most fuels are oil based not alcohol based you should be fine even though the are all complex carbon chains / benzine rings, it would depend essentially on conductivity if electrical breathaliser or chrystals if chemical one.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
My spelling was awful there sorry redface

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.