Forums > Other Toys > New nunchaku tutorials available now.

Login/Join to Participate

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Ive decided to bring y'all some nunchaku tutorials ill be adding a couple a day until i get a good foundation out there. then ill add some torch poi and club spinning....

heres what i have so far

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Types-of-nunchaku-varietions-in-design-22_152_998

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Types-of-grips-to-hold-nunchaku-22_152_1002

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/16-types-of-fig-8s-22_153_1001

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/16-One-handed-flower-variations-22_153_1003

any questions or comments let me know smile thanks for watching!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*cough* well first of all: Thanks!

for taking the time and effort to put these tutorials together. I'm sure, I'll have a look at the others too and I'm excited to learn new stuff bounce2

but... sadly the quality of the image is not really good...

wide angle camera - though very good to keep you in the picture while you're moving, for me it's distorting. Alternative: stick tape on the floor to mark distance and radius in which you are completely visible whilst moving.

lighting - to have bright light behind you, while the camera is recording will always dim the details on your body. the image is loosing a lot of clarity. Alternative: put the camera on a tripod and have the lights only from behind the camera - and/or left and right of it.

background - I find the bookshelves extremely irritating while I'm trying to focus on your hands and what you're doing. Alternative: choose a uniform background, a white wall if you must.

editing - in case you do have an editing program such as Sony Vegas or iMovie (the latter I can't really say much about), try to slow down the movie sequentially. Especially good when you're doing fast movements (which you do with the nunchak rather often)... slowing it down will enable the viewer to understand what exactly is happening right in front of the camera.

I hope that's now okay that I stated it. I love people making the effort, taking the time and energy to produce for the community... smile I only try to help you having the impact that you definitely deserve hug

good on ya, mate

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much for your detailed critique!

i have too say though that HOP's conversion diminishes the quality greatly.

I really want to make the best tutorials and i will redo these with better materials IE drop cloth and tripod....

wide angle camera.... i have 2 hd cameras 1 has a standard lens and the other is the GOpro hero with the wide angle lens and head mount. I use the Gopro because i have limited space to move in and the Gopro will capture my whole body. the other camera has too be 20 feet away to get the whole picture and just does not get the job done.

lighting. i realize this much more now thanks. if i get a tripod i can remedy this easily.

background, you are correct, it is jarring to have that background when your trying to keep track of whats going on, i can probably drape a sheet over the bookshelf to remedy that issue.

Editing, i have sony vegas and use it to slow down certain movements and zoom where applicable. also i film 1st person too show the POV angle

You guys dont deserve subpar, i will refilm all the main offenders. I will make more effort to give the community the respect it deserves.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
help I really hope I didn't trip over the power cord footinmouth

because I ubblove the effort you made.... producing tutorials is a tough job and it doesn't pay... on top of this you get quirky comments like mine... redface

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
you should be happy too hear my friend let me use her green screen studio too film so the next tutorials will have impeccable lighting and ill even be miked up shocked