Forums > Social Discussion > What it is like to have MS

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
When I was in 7th grade my mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). For those who don't know what that is, your body develops antibodies to its own nerve cells and at times attacks itself. It's terrible. I've learned to live with her having it, but never quite knew what it was like, I had no way of imagining. My mom showed me this video that describes almost exactly what it's like. Except she's not always dizzy like this person and she hasn't had a time where she forgot her own name. Through this video I can now understand why she before was going through depression. This video really touched me and I feel that everyone should know about this terrible disease and what it's like.

The vision problems come from your body attacking the optic nerve and it gets inflamed. Sometimes she can't even read a watch because of her double vision. She says she gets the vision where it looks like everything is vibrating all the time.

Non-Https Image Link

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin