leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Tech poi has gone web 3.0 and most of the discussion is now happening on the facebook tech poi group. Come join, it has a bunch of cool features!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_101158966616545&ap=1

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
I don't know about most, but we are having a good time with it so far. It's kind of an experiment in progress as we discover what its capabilities are and how they gel with our needs. That said, I don't see it replacing many of our normal forums for discussion any time soon if for no other reason than you can't do a keyword search of the contents of the group yet.

It is fun to play with, though, so if you're not Facebook-averse please come join us smile

Peace,
Drex

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Yay i offered to join. Sounds fun

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Yeah I just joined earlier today and it seemed pretty active.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
Hey, all-

So the Facebook Group is blowing up much faster than we thought it would and we're going to take some preemptive steps to ensure it keeps working the way we love. Groups is currently set to disable group chat and notifications from anybody you're not directly friended to on the group once it gets above 250 people and we're at 200 already. We're going to create a tiered system to deal with the load, so that we can hold onto the functionality that we all love and make it so everyone who wants can join.

So, we're going to ask that people "like" the Tech Poi community page on Facebook. There we will post links to groups of more specialized interest and you can join or ignore them as you see fit. The link to Tech Poi is here: https://www.facebook.com/TechPoi

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm! smile

Peace,
Drex

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Why disable the group chat? that's my favorite part :'(

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
Mine too...that's why I want to keep it. It's not our rule, it's Facebook's rule.

Peace,
Drex