Forums > Social Chat > Back from Glastonbury!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
Just got off the train from Glastonbury - Oh my god, that was an experience!

What can I say apart from " Hi to all the fire spinning wierdos up in the Stone Circle!!!"

Love you all!

What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

Come alive!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Did you see all the spinners on Sunday night?? There were two big groups, any of them on these boards?? You were amazing!!!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Ouch

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Anyone got any stories or pix to share???

would love to see/ hear more about it

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woo hoooooo

Well that was all fun and jolly.
Didn't do much in the way of Spinning - lack of fuel and general "Too stoned to move" moments - but all was fun and good.

OMG, how good were Shpongle
Remember them Stix?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
WooHoo! That was fantastic!!

I spent most of the weekend wandering around in a daze
I got in a whole load of spinning and managed to pull off a fantastic smack to the head with some fire ropes, there's a scab there now and considerably less hair

Ok, how many people are still wearing their wristbands?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
huh..waaa..sphongle? is that when you and me was dancing like loons in the wonderful pixie glade surrounded by lots of smiling faces?...

Mate I couldn't have had a better birthday.. many thanks the the man in the green chair - lovely wares.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Whirlymember
47 posts

Posted:
Lol i still got my wrist band on!
took a pretty hefty knock to the head with my staff and managed to tie myself up in fire rope!
too many drugs too much fun.
i made a staff to take with me (glowing gorgeous thing) and everyone came and talked to me about,am gonna start selling now i reckon,is amazing am blown away at glasto yet again!
hugs to all those that came home happy and those poor ones among you that didnt go.

They call 'em fingers, but i aint never seen 'em fing!Otto man

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Silly me posting in the Events section...
yeah, wasn't that an awesome Glasters?!?
Wicked to hook up with crew old and new...
the sunday night spinners next to the Samba band we all HoP/TePooka-sters...
yay for that fat times...ta to all who came down to see me and D!
just to add to carnage stories...my crotch on my pants caught on fire making me drop Ewans MECHA rope monkey fist poi, making me pick up a noe flaming handle MECHA rope monkey fist poi, burn burn...ouch ouch...save by Rob and fire blanket huraah!
wicked times!
bring on 2004!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Personal Highlights:
Shpongle, Tiny Tea Tent, Thali Café, Radiohead, Athlete, Saturdays weather, meeting up with C@ntus and Ros again (very briefly though ), DIY Henna kits, Pear & Cranberry Cider, nice girl who let me spin her poi (Thanks - whoever you were!) and Yes

Personal Lowpoints:
Lemon Jelly (Nowhere near as good as they were back in April, although throwing a whitey at the start didn't help), Fridays weather, missing Lamb (in place of Radiohead though), Rahzel cancelling, the walk back to the car, not selling any glowsticks

Anyone else?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:

thanx everyone who came that made glastonbury special

yeah I'm still wearing my wristband too

laters

sunbeam

Non-Https Image Link

ps: fave glastonbury soundbite,heard at the stone circle with a soundscape of drumming, twirling of fire and general grooviness...
"... has ANYONE got any RIZLAS?"

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Rahzel's overrated. There are some amazing guys out here that make him look foolish. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty damn good but he gets about 70% of Human Beat Box props when he should really get about 25%.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... welcome back y'all.

Honestly, the board was a bit lonely with out you guys. It was truely a bit more quiet with the missing London posse.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
I managed to get get some spinning done up at the top left group on Sunday night at the Stone Circles. Some AMAZING spinners there. Anybody see the guy spinning the electroglo staffs on elastic??? WOW!!!

Fave soundbites: "Yoghurt! Has anybody got any yoghurt? I LOVE YOGHURT!"

and...

The guy who told me to "Watch out for the little spiders whith laser eyes"

Come alive!

Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
Oh, neraly forgot.. Hi to Sarah from london who I chatted to at the old school rave stage. I'm the one who lent you the fuel for your staff. You were brilliant!

Come alive!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Daz, i was there on sunday night, saw the elastic glo staff guy, amazing stuff! Was gonna go up there and ask to have a spin but i was all cuddled up with a guy i met about an hour before

There were two big groups, one with loads of glo stuff and an amazing guy with a big mohican (sp) and the other near the right of the stones. Both excellent!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo peeps, fucin amazin, thanks.

does anyone have contact details for fairy ben?

the tracers off you own poi look the best

l8r

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Durbs - That may have been me who lent you poi. I lent a few people my set

fire queenmember
10 posts

Posted:
glasto was greate this gut tried toteach me some new poi movesit was fun
it was so good that u could skin up and nobody even blinked
i whishi had brought my fire poi now

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
had a fab time!
fairy friend had to go home as she was poorly but still tried to keep smiling and phoned her so she could listen to Shpongle (who were fantabulous)!
shame i didnt get to put more faces to names and meet more of u guys.
It was a great celebration at the end of a teaching degree - roll on next year!!!!
hugs xx

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Imagines Tom with a little shark fin.
He'll eat you alive.

Glastonbury....
Baaaaad aSSSSSS

Fcuking hell I was seriously impressed with Knoxius daves staff work on sunday night, that ruled dude. Phwoooar, made me rethink, whole loads of contact.

"Bring on the naked dancing troll woman."
??????????? seems to make sense

Be cool
smiles
Drew

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
my head hurts. lots.
my body aches. lots.
I'm smiling

Had a wicked time! Sunday nigyht was amazing! Danced all night long to Sphongle, jungle, swing, gypsy, rock'n'roll and psy-trance music. Where else can you find that kind of variety in a field?!

soundbite: "Ooooooo! Pretty lights!"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
wooooooooooooooooo!

cheers to all those I met who helped make glasto so great I had the most perfect time - 'bimbling' and wandering and dancing my fairy socks off, didn't spin much for fear of being overshadowed but got the pleasure of watching cme mindblowing stuff. Knoxious and your partner in crime (Dimitri?) that was absolutely amazing. BamBam I want to be able to dance and spin like you - it's not fair! and you're too lovely to dislike for being so talented! Hels and Chad you two are so smiley and bouncy and fun and really made me feel at home, and boy can you spin! - thank you muchly for being so lovely . Even managed to catch up with stix and durbs - bloody great! Too many people to mention that made it all so fun.

AND sooooo much fantastic music! mmmmmm I'm still on my glastonbury high and enjoying it til the end - wil be days or maybe weeks til I calm down. I can't remember a lot of it though - i keep getting asked "what did you do / see? and I can't seem to answer - anyone else find that? I take it as a good sign.

love to all xxxxxx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhhhhhh WOW! now I really wish I could've sprounted those fairy wings and flown over to be there!!!
will have to start eating more vegies or something if I wanna make it to next year's

Sounds absolutely brilliant!...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
1st day back at work and my head is severeley bent.

Has to be in the top 2 Glasto's of all time for me, mainly cos I was with such a great bunch of people.

I did a bit of fire and beamers on Thursnight or Frinight I think...can't quite remember, not much tho as I was quite tootled, and I nearly kneecapped myself several times with my beamers. Totally failed to introduce myself to anyone aswell

There were sooo many spinners there this year, was ace watching you all even if I couldn't get myself together to come and babble at you.

High points of the festival:

Last band @ Meccadonalds at about 6am on Monday morning....can't remember what they were called but it was kicking off in a big bouncey dancing stylee.
David Holmes.
and the lost field in general...what a lovely new space....

..roll on the Chill.
N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ugh. it's all over and recovery begins.

massive eeeeps to all the lovely people i met/saw again!
beautiful spinning from a bunch of beatiful people and a whole load of great memories to treasure (albeit very jumbled memories - i think we all get that ros ).

already i can't wait til next year

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
My favourite word from Glastonbury is "bimbling".... I bimbled here, there, and everywhere, saw great bands, danced and poi-ied lots, had great shroom tea at ID sprial and even have a shower !! Got to see Knoxious and Dimitri and te Pooka do their sexy thang, and met loads of great people.

Napalm and C@ntus - you guys are brilliant, twas a pleasure to properly meet you both.

Bluecat, Nix, Cole, MisStix, Knoxious, Alienfox, Moohaahaa, Glass, Dom, Cantus, Fluffy Napalm Fairy, PK, Tempest, obviously Bammers , and to all the others....can't wait to do it all again next year!!!

xxx MWAH xxx

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it you guys alwaays watch me spin badly?

had one burn tuesday night that was better than anything i've ever done before or since. and all of you came to our show on friday which was crap! none of you saw saturdays which was the beast we've ever done it(except onee or two.... cole?)

still ****ing awesome all round.

just woken up from 22 hour sleep.... worked out somewhere else here that from sunday morning(22nd?23rd?) to yesterday morning i had 34 hours sleep.....NOT ENOUGH hence why some of you may have thought i was silly.

complaints abound that i did not meet anyone from hop i did not already know..... probably mostly my fault

missed those of you who weren't there...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

blue, you wanna edit that post a little, its anoying me....

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:

Wowwwwwwww Glastonbury...............

That's all I can manage for now

L

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
awwww... i wanna play too

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Page: