frer3BRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Could somebody please consider posting new videos in the library? I've just started with meteors, and having more videos would really help me out alot...

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
More tutorials would be nice, but if you are just needing some more inspiration, this is my personal playlist of meteor play, from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=07FD9DA83AC5FB6E

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

frer3BRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
I would be happy to check it out if it includes instructions on how to get started. I believe that it would be harder for me to learn since I've never touched a pair of poi in my life...

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Meteor has its advantages and disadvantages compared to poi. If you haven't had any poi experience, then learning propellors and butterflies might be difficult at first.

Its harder to keep a meteor spinning properly and easier to whack yourself. On the other hand, I find it has a lot more in common with staff moves than poi, so if you have any basis in staff, you will have some knowledge to fall back on.

The playlist I linked probably wont do you any good until you get the basics down. Its more about some experienced meteor players showing their stuff.

If you want tuts, try Fueurshow. They have a meteor section under Poi and Friends.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Do a youtube search for chris baily or chris rovo

I think i remember him putting out a bunch of meteor videos

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!