Page:
SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
Just out of interest, is anyone looking forward to Valantines Day?

much
SNOOPoi

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am. On Valentine's Day we are having dinner and maybe a movie as a "family".

Then on Saturday Whipping Boy and I have free movie tickets that we are going to use, and my son is going to Mark's mom's for the evening/day/whatever. I think we are doing food and just having a fun day out. I always look forward to that. As a single mom, it is a treat anytime!

Happy Valentines Day all!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
When's Valentine's Day again?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I'm looking forward to it! My brother's getting married in a castle in Scotland and I'm going to twirl fire in front of 70 guests. I can't wait. Better not have too much champagne though...

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Wow Sunbeam - that sounds amazing. Hope you have a fantastic time.

i am looking forward to Valentines Day hugely - as I get to spend it with the most wonderful man in my life. We have nothing planned but smiles, snuggles and a bottle of wine so it should be absolutely lovely.

I have a secret Valentines suprise for my C@ntus too, but I can't give it away just yet

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
I've got to go on a university trip to the natural history museum in London, how romantic!?!?!?!
tatty

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i dont in any way adhear to vd as i dont belive that you should only show your love to one person on one day of the here as this marketing ploi wopuld have you belive

if you love some one you should do atlest just one thing a day to show them your love

it dosnt have to be big for there is just as much love in small things. love dose not cost money love is the hapyness, tendernes, comfort you feel for the person you love

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I agree with brainstormer (not competly) at least he's on the right track. It's just a day for hallmark and other card company's to make money .

Besides you shouldn't need a excuse to do something nice for your loved one .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I also agree re: the commercial aspects of something that should be second nature in a loving relationship..

however - what about the collective consiousness? Put aside your cynicism for just a little while on the day and extend yourself to really feel what the energy of the world is doing. It's quite infectious.

If it takes a commercial money-making ploy to get people to stop and smell the roses and make that extra effort to project love, then so be it.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah I know i am a sinic about the whole thing . But alas you do have a point.

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday and always has been.

I'm a romantic and its the one time of the year where everybody else at the very least pays lip service to the way I feel all the time.

Raphael

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Could i celebrate love of fire ?.

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I usually do look forward to VD but alas, this year I am not. As chance would have it, I plan to be on holiday in my old college town the same day my ex will be there. How lovely, maybe we will run into each other. I will however be spinning that night at a friend's gathering. I can't be held responsible for any run-away poi that has a starnge attraction to mean people's necks. He betta watch out....grrr...

sorry....just need to vent

cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
hands cage a lollie pop and a carnation

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
*hugz brainstorma* thank you, sweetheart!

kindness really does exist on valentine's day...

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:

*big gofy shy smile*
argh shuks
it was nothing

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I bought My Girlfriend a Rose Crystal.
I thought it might last longer than roses

Friday we are going to a Reggee Show up at Alta.
SPREAD THE LOVE!!

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
We're planning a "Lonley Hearts" party at my place. We'll all be drunk and happy to be together.

If you don't have anything to do, drop on by!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm not cause my love is in Oz and I'm stuck in Dublin, but I got tickets to a see Glen Hansard on friday so I'm looking forward to the gig though. Feel empty from the day of substance point of view (feels strange saying that about valentines day in some way)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I'm looking forward to valentines day. I don't have a partner and usually get quite sad about it at this time of year. Valentines is a tough time if you're single.

But this friday I'm going out to dinner with my parents. Which is really special because for a long time I wasn't close to very close to them but in the last year all that has changed

PS Brainstorma's VD comment had me in hysterics as in the UK VD stands for veneral disease

[ 13. February 2003, 09:40: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
nope erm not because im a bitter bitter single person. still at least im going to the pub with my mates, last valentines day i spent down the job centre with my ex-boyfriend, yes he treated me so damm well!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
Help! desperate for pressie ideas. recently started seeing a guy that has loads of money and seems to have everything! i like buying pressies that mean more than they are worth, but dont know if hes the same. bit of an odd match, im a tree huggin hippie (according to my friends) and hes a designer clothed lawyer. HELP PLEASE!!!!
Thanks
loads of hugs
tatty
xxxx

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
1. Make him something...

2. Make out a massage certificate (you do the massage), to be used whenever he is most stressed (you have to be prepared to drop everything and go and do it though).

3. Propose (well, depends on how you feel i guess)

4. Write him a poem about all the things you were going to buy him and then why each thing wasn't good enough for him.

5. Give him a homemade card listing all his good attributes.

6. Make him a tiny Armani suit out of cardboard, and tell him you washed it on hot by accident, can also double as a card!

7. etc etc etc

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Kittyravequeen . Why don't you spend it with someone else you really care about ?.Forget that pain you had

REMEMBER LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER DIRTY WORD!

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Hey jon....act calm, act calm, act calm, naaa fekkit.... ooo ooo ooo who is it, who is it, who is it, do they come down on a tuesday? if not then why not???

Gimme gossip, Gimme gossip, Gimme gossip, Gimme gossip, Gimme gossip.........
(*And relax*)

Hmmmm - busy meself this year........last minute rush kinda thing but I'm happy 'bout it muchly....

Hugz to all those in luv and happy........big sympathy hugz to every1 else

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
i m spending day at school (yay) well a least i get to spend lunch with my sweetie.

although a lot of people think that Valentines day is about cards and expensive pressies and stuff i think that underneath it is a really good excuse for people that normaly would'nt have the corage to meet new people.

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Um Arsn and I are dirt poor.
Im not kidding. We are so poor, the poorest people, in poorland, from the kingdom of poor, were flipping us 50 cents!!!
UM yeah, so no Roses or that kind of stuff for us. 'Sigh' But it doesnt matter because today we find out if the love nest that we applied for at the gold coast becomes our swanky abode!! I hope so, its right on the beach!!
We will celebrate V.D anyway....
*oooer lookat dat my 500th post!!!*

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
quote:
I usually do look forward to VD
aaaaaahahahaha that has got to be the worst abbreviation in the history of mankind!

*rollicking with laughter* good stuff!!

happy anti-valentines day all!
im gonna scoot around and do a bunch of stuff by myself and glare at anyone that looks rediculously romantic thats in my immediate vicinity!! YAY ME! seriously tho, im gonna have a nice night in while my flatties go off together and watch a movie, or something....

` YAY!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Am just about to spend valentines evening on the phone with a bar of chocolate and a bottle of wine. And strangely enough, it is going to be the best ever

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
That's a good balancing act.

Put the phone on the floor though, that way if you fall off it after drinking the bottle of wine then you wont hurt yourself.

Hugz - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
you would not believe the muscle control that sort of exercise develops, it is kinda like tai-chi.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Page: