Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Elbow catch(to 1 hand HLs), hidden HLs, stall HLs

Login/Join to Participate

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
So, this is just a few ideas I got over the past few weeks.

Elbow Catch
When, say, spinning a watermill to the right, bt plane, left hand goes BTB, then right hand goes BTB and hits the left elbow from the bottom. Left hand goes back to front, catching the right poi and bringing it to front as well. Then catch one of the pois (either from elbow or hand) and voila smile
-= Video =-
NOW.. considering that while you hold one poi with your elbow and the other with your hand you are essentially spinning a 1 hand weave with the poi apart, you CAN do a hyperloop here. just make the (left) poi shorter before you carry the (right) over. when spinning both in one arm, poi wrap in front, carry over your shoulder and unwrap behind it. It's an insane move but possible. Will put it on video when I can do it fairly smoothly..

"Hidden" Hyperloops
Basically these are when you exit a wrap with a hyperloop.
1: Split time rev BT, wrap a (right) poi around your (left) arm near the head. As it hits and unwraps bring the (left) poi from under to cross the (right) poi. Unwraps as a simple hyperloop, in front of your arms (not inside as an usual simple HL, this one travels from body to front)
-= Video =-
2: this one is based on a spiral wrap from a weave (SW, the one when both poi fully wrap around both wrists). Just before going into a SW, first one of the pois wraps itself once around its hand thus entering the SW a bit shorter and also hitting the hands and unwrapping (ideally) half a beat earlier as the second. When done right, the shorter poi crosses the longer one as the longer one hits the wrists and goes back, thus both entering a hyperloop before unwrapping fully from the wrists. No video here coz I hardly ever get to the crossing part, not to mention the unwrapping one smile

Stall hyperloop
...is a HL with one poi stalled. Anyone understanding HLs, preferably with with meteors should get the trick. The moving poi is kind of isolated as smoothly as possible. I cant really explain it, watch the video:)
-= Video =-

Continuous loopwrap
A stupid combo to say at least but looks nice:)
Idea: before going to a spiral wrap, each poi wraps one turn around its hand and then entering a SW. When the SW unwraps do a simple HL, then when the poi unwrrap from the wrist do a single HL, then the poi wrap once again around their wrists and a HL, then a SW, unwrap SW and go on and on and on...
-= Video =-

Any ideas, extensions, praise, damnation..? smile
I'd welcome any more ideas on the hidden HLs, they kinda started to interest me recently:)

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Ive been playing with the 'hidden' loop and loopwrap's, as you call them, for a while. They are more airwraps than hyperloops though. I've been trying to perfect pendulum wraps into hyperloops (that fully move across planes) too. I just like anything tangly though.

The stalled loop is a really cool idea. I might have to have a play with that biggrin

Th elbow catch is awesome! It seems like contact poi is slowly taking over the spinning world.

Great I've got some new things to learn at play - Thanks biggrin

Hopefully after Play we will have DV camera in our house and I can start putting some vids up myself smile

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
Really cool the elbow catch and the HL with the stall!!!

I liked it very very mauch and I'm working on them and some variations...wonderful examples of trap!!!

Thanx a lot for sharing!!!

Acciaio devil
EDITED_BY: Acciaio (1150900473)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Being a non hyperlooping kind of guy ( Don't condemn me,,yet,,i may convert, like I did with antispin ) I have to say.....That elbow catch is spectacular. I'm going to start playing with it today.

Thanks

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Uoah!!! Very very very cool moves!!! Elbow catch is really really amazing *_* and hyperloop stall is eek!!! I' m a not-HL-girl yet... think I gotta learn wink

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
+1 Elbow Catch

Called trap as part of contact fundamental,

you cat try shoulder traps too(thanks Tulen).

+1 Stall Hyperloop

As combination of Stall and Hyperloop,

those two fundamentals(Poi manipulation)

together.<*>

lightning, :R

<*> With combination of manipulation,

you can find more.

POI THEO(R)IST

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Richee

<*> With combination of manipulation,
you can find more.

What do you refer to for "poi manipulation"??

Acciaiodevil

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

Cause hyperloop is Poi center manipulation,
especialy illusion(together with Izolation)
and trap is part of huge contact family
that use diffrent part of body and Poi body
to create center.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
okkay than another name to indicate a part of contact poi family move...
I think it can be nearly the same as contact poi without poi on poi confused confused confused

Acciaiodevil