GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
Just been reading through some of the threads in discussion (a place I rarely read all through due to heavy topics discussed at great length) and I was thinking this place could benefit from a political forum. It works really well at Craig Anderton's forum, keeps all the heavy topics (religion, politics etc) out of the places where people just want to chill.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
That is what discussion is for, you want chat if you're looking for a place just to chill

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Exactly what Stout the member from Victoria, Canada with an imposing eagle for an avatar said. smile

Originally there was just one social forum, but people kept saying that the game and random nonsence threads were being clogged up by the boring lengthy discussion threads that actually needed a brain cell to post in wink

I think its fine as it is, but possibly a semi serious discussion forum is needed.
The problem is these: - - - - - - -
Lines.
Namely where to draw them and how much sillyness/ seriousness can be allowed.
Its a probably impossible idea to work though shrug

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
psst...I thought it was an owl...

offtopic

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
we had a politics forum once.
there was lots of shouting.

well, not literally, since this is a text based forum.
but there were definitely capital letters used.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Yep it's an owl...Painted in 1975 by an artist called Eraldo Carugati, it originally graced the second album album cover of a Canadian band called Rush.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: GeoffonTour04

Just been reading through some of the threads in discussion (a place I rarely read all through due to heavy topics discussed at great length) and I was thinking this place could benefit from a political forum. It works really well at Craig Anderton's forum, keeps all the heavy topics (religion, politics etc) out of the places where people just want to chill.

This is social discussion. It's here for the heavy discussions.
We have chat for people to hang out and chill in.
Most people are great about posting appropriate titles, so if you don't want to read anything political, you don't have to.

And truthfully, having the social areas is pretty good concidering this is a specialized bb for fire and object manipulation arts, and we didn't even have to have those.
I truly don't believe we need a political forum. Didn't do well the first time with less people (who still had big opinions). I'd be afraid of what it would be now. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I don't think there are too many problems with people getting bummed by what's in here or anything.... like people have said, that's what Discussion's for, serious debate of whatever nature. If we had a political forum, this and that would only have about 1 new thread a week! wink

I certainly don't think religion should be consigned to a "political" forum, either! But that's a whole other thread... smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: simian

we had a politics forum once.
there was lots of shouting.

well, not literally, since this is a text based forum.
but there were definitely capital letters used.

I got a chuckle out of that one. ubblol