Forums > Help! > Sony Sonic Stage problems!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I have a Sony MP3 walkman that I absolutely love to death. However, the program no longer works - when I go to transfer files, is crashes immediately! The same thing happened with this program when I had my MiniDisk player. It's sooo frustrating, as I got a bunch of CDs for Xmas, and I want them on there! But it just isn't working, which is bloody typical for this program, if you ask me.

So, my questions are, has anyone else had this problem? What can I do? Are there any other known programs that might work for me?? Use this as an excuse to get a new computer?? tongue

Thanks!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
try windows media player ? maybe

have a xmas hug anyway . . . .

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I used to use sonic stage - it wont allow me to download music from my mdplayer anymore, and the new version i had with another sony product wont allow me either!

It sucks on so many different levels!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
No kidding ._.'

I got it to work long enough yesterday that I could transfer songs on one by one, but now it closes without even a warning when I'm going into my playlists to transfer... mad It's so frustrating!

What do you use now TinklePants??

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
i dont use the minidisc at all! lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bobo, both me and sophiehave net md's and i have had both the new sonic stage and the origianl sony prog

just chill - have to tried to uninstall teh app and start over again?

have you emailed sony and expressed your frustrationin your an email?

the prog is needed to covert and trasfer, maybe your hdd if ful of the converted files, go and fine teh sony music files in yoru hdd and delete them and try it again?

Step (el-nombrie)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I've never had any problems with it, but I have found the new version is loads better than the old one. Have you been on their website, they should have a help and support centre with common problems.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I got an e-mail back from sony, and they said it is probably something to do with a certain windows update, etc. They gave me links to sort it out, but before I got that e-mail, I upgraded to the newest version, so maybe it works better.... Haven't had time to try some transfers yet!

Thanks guys!!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Here's an idea, sell your sony MP3 player and buy a decent one wink

No only kidding, but the restrictions they put into their player and the way it changes file formats to prevent any kind of flexible use make it a very poor player in comparison to similar ones at half the price. Although it does have great battery time!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

Here's an idea, sell your sony MP3 player and buy a decent one wink

What, like an iPod? tongue Thanks, but no!

That's why I like mine, because no one else seems to have it... Besides, when it works, it works beautifully, I don't want any other player right now! I've also heard that maybe iTunes would do the same thing though...? I don't know if it's really worth the try though, to be honest.

And I looove the battery time... I left it on playing all night once, completely forgot to turn it off, and I still had loads of battery time left! Charges really quick too, and off of any computer (through USB) *stops promoting*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yes, Itunes is just as bad! all my friends who bought them now say they regret it for this reason and that you can buy much better mp3 players at much cheaper prices. I don't like the fact that everyones got an ipod. I'm the kind of person who won't buy something if everyone else has one though.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
ditto tongue

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Nah ipod is only slightly better that sony tongue

I'd recommend Creative *cough*I have one*cough* or any other large sized player that available. My Zen has 24hr battery life, is 20gb and cost me £100. Bargain! Plugged into my amp it also powered the tunes in the marquee at play smile

My only real gripe with the sony is that it converts the file format so it's not really usable as an additional drive and nor can you share things with your mates unless they have the right software etc, whereas virtually all other flash based MP3 players are plug, play and sing away.

Wow at this rate the mods'll be moving this thread to Discussion! ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I've heard that zen are meant to be really good. If I had the money then I'd probably think about getting one of those.

But I don't.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I can use my MP3 player for other files too - I use it to take some documents to school with me.... No, I can't share my music, but I don't really do that anyways....

I thought about getting a Zen, for the mere fact that they had them in orange... but I went with something more compact, for portability, etc. (I'm so cool, I wear mine around my neck rolleyes) Also, I don't need much more than 1GB. I have 10GB of music, but I find 600 songs is enough tongue

It'll definately get put to the test in April when I fly from Halifax to Hong Kong...

[colou:orange]~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I can use my MP3 player for other files too - I use it to take some documents to school with me.... No, I can't share my music, but I don't really do that anyways....

I thought about getting a Zen, for the mere fact that they had them in orange... but I went with something more compact, for portability, etc. (I'm so cool, I wear mine around my neck rolleyes) Also, I don't need much more than 1GB. I have 10GB of music, but I find 600 songs is enough tongue

It'll definately get put to the test in April when I fly from Halifax to Hong Kong...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had a Sony Walkman Minidisc .net thingy.
Originally the software that came with it was utter crap and I was unable to put any music on.

I got the updated version of the software from the sony site, incluing software to properly remove just he program ( I think) and installed the new one, and now it works fine.

Try clicking on this: https://www.sonydigital-link.com/dna/wm/wm.asp?l=en

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
And the problems continue...

I've gotten all the recent updates, and when I tried the link you gave me UCOF, it said that the update was too old tongue So, I went and I got the new version completely, v 3.3, and now I can only get half my songs on the program itself before it crashes... *sigh*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mech

have to tried to uninstall teh app and start over again?

Done that?

shrug

I assume you have been here ?

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
That's exactly what I did, actually. I'll try again later today, my computer could have been picky at the time, who knows...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
the new program doesn't even recognize my MP3 player now... A message pops up saying that it's the wrong version of the program. This just keeps getting worse! Thank whoever is up there that I have most of my favourite music on there already... I think I'll uninstall the new version, and reinstall the old one... Maybe that might help? This is taking way more time than it should -.-'

Technology is great... when it works...!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
have you got the drivers sorted for your music making gizmo?

Which model of music making aparatus have you got?

smile

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh.... I was thinking of getting a sony mp3 player - cos they look so god damn sexy ubblove

I've got a sony net minidisc - and hate Sonic Stage mad

ubbidea Maybe a Creative Zen mp3 player is the way forward after all.

Hope you sort out the crappy software hun.... Good Luck!

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
helz, remeber you have a huge array ofplayers to choose from.....

yes you do have the i-pods, and zens, and they are indeed awsome players, and do a really nice jo, but remeber you have a wide array of other players

heres a quick list

now most of these will be gigabyte players, as thereis little reason for MB ones, now with prices comming down....

this is what i have - I-river 20gb vid, music, radio, pictures

here is wide array of zen players

what i assume to bethe newest creative zen player

there is objects like these these seem slike a really good idea, you buy the reader and then you can update your card, and you can get a SD gigabye card, for cheep plug this into you player, and you have a working player for some what less than others would cost you maybe?

hope this has helped

Step (el-nombrie)

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Sorry OrangeBobo for hi-jacking your thread hug

Cheers Mech. There's just too much bloody choice though. All I really want is a good mp3 player that can play all music formats and that looks good. But then there's the new video and picture ones... makes me think that if I buy a standard one, in time I'll want to have videos and stuff on it too.

oooh I dunno....never was good at decisions ubblol

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
wouldyou like some more detailed help?

tbh, i would say, what will you do with it, are you going on long journeys, and sitting with lots of time free?

would you like to watch movies on a small screen thats only just a few inches,

or like your minidisc - would you like a small player that has an ability to store lots of music, and will allow you to do just that?

sit on yoru commute, switch on yoru player and listen,

or would you like to watch videos like tv series on your way to work?

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
these are you major multi purpose players - that means audio, video, and in ine or two cases FM radio....

I-pods

Creative Player

I-river players

Archos

Sony

i would now say choose your player

for me it was simple - the i-river was what i went for, as it has several features i wanted, but also some draw backs.....

and i have my opinions on all of these, but i dont want to start taht debate, cos i cant be arsed to have lots of people tell me im wrong, so if you want more help lady, your more than welcome....

i know you have a mini disc, and i know you are into music, i would say maybe, get a cheep music player and then go from there, as unless you are agoing on long journeys, then video really dont matte that much,

most of these can bepulgged in at work and used as a portable hard drive to...

an advantage for the video players, is most will aos show you pictures you have downloaded to them, and just a couple will allow you to direct download your camera to them (either via your camera, or much more ocmmonly a card reader)

they have come on quite some way....

but choose the one you like teh look of, and it will do what you need it to....

smile

Step (el-nombrie)

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about it Helz smile

UCOF, the model is: NWE407B I do believe.

I think I'm going to uninstal the new version, and put back on the old one... The guy at the Sony store said that Real Player also worked, but I'm not sure if I want to try it... From what I remember, Real Player is pretty crappy as well.

I'm thinking that I'll get a new MP3 player this summer... but a 20G one, possibly iRiver. We'll see if I get a second job first ubblol

And thanks Mech, now I have the prefect thing to distract me - all those sites for MP3 players tongue

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bobo - you are welcome lady

did it for all thsoe times in teh chat room lady smile

if you need some more help give me a yell when you are chooing smile

Step (el-nombrie)

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
I'm still to fully understand why you'd want to watch a video on a four inch screen while on the move?!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
its less about doing it on the move, and might be more about catchingup with your favorite shows, while you eat lunch at work,

or watching spinning vids, n the bus ride to work, or the train journey

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: