Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
How do you do it?

I've been away for 10 months, traipsing around Europe and the UK (as many of you know).

When I left Australia, I had only just finished high school and I had enjoyed a middle class existance with my parents my whole life. Now I've lived in Romania for 6 months and been a nomad in youth hostels and HoPper couches for 4 months.

And I'm scared to go home. Yep, scared. I have changed so much and I'm worried that not only will my friends like me still, but will I even like them? And what about my parents? When I left I was still a dependent child and now I'm an independent adult. That's not to say I don't look forward like crazy to see them all again, it just scares the hell out of me as to what to expect, how to act and reacts and just general coping with returning to reality.

SO how does one do it?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
One, ehehe I love hearing people talk like that.

Hmm oh dont worrie things will be good in the end, I really dont think you have alot (if anything) to worrie about. It might be the time for you to decide how you want to be treated from now on, since you've experianced two different types of life. You might find some people are unsure and might ask you outright, or you might want to actually tell them, look this is how I want things to be like now im back. You dont need to worrie if your somewhere inbetween for a while it might take you some time to figure it out yourself.

But one thing I know is that everyone will be crowding you for a while asking you waht has it been like, and you'l probably have [censored] loads of new things to tell everyone for a while!

Your firends will allways be there for you and there'll still like you! Have you turned into a bitch? No? Thats the answer hehe, everything will be fine.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
was lovely to meet you down at clapham hug

will be strange settling in again, and you wont be able to put into words all the experiences you've had, but i think it'll seem less strange and alien when your back, try to keep yourself busy, and enjoy meeting up with everyone at home!
good luck
take care
xxx

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I think when you get back home your realise even more the change in yourself. Which can only be a good thing, da?

hug smile

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
pm coming when i have time babe smile

hope its not to bad, and sorry i missed you in shef frown

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
You'll get the travel bug , people may of changed but it's you.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
well, if people were expecting you to be away for soooooo long & come back & still be the same person...then they're a bit daft!! tongue

seriously...a person can't be away for as long as you have, see & do as much as you have & not come back changed!

my advice (not that i've travelled much, but i know what it's like to face people in my 'old life' once i've done a lot of changing!)...just go with it...face it like you have faced every other challenge in your travels - with an open mind & your heart on your sleeve! smile

hug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Going back to something that you left a while ago can have different reactions in different people.

I have known people who have travelled extensively then settled into their old lives quite easily.

I reacted differently...I hated it.

I fought all the way....I realised when I go t home that all my old friends were exactly the same (I was very young when this happened) they were all talking about the same things....wearing the same things, doing the same things and it was boring to me now....I had changed so much that I had out grown them.

My solution...move....I moved to a new city, met some new people who hadn't known me before....they had the same interests as me and I loved it.

Don't be too worried though, some people get worried but have no problems with slipping back into their normal lives.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Is it family or friends that worry you most...

I love my friends coming back from being away. Being able to ring them all the time and talk.

Maybe think seriously about your own place if you can do it. I seem to remember you finding it hard before you left. Maybe talk to Orange Bobo , she has had similar experience...

Good luck. I will miss your travel exploit letters. i think you should keep doing crazy mountain climbs and stuff so we keep getting letters hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
nahhhhh dont worry sweetie
hug

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hugs guys.

Konsti, did you notice a change in me from the first time I stayed and the last?

After a nutty week in Sheffield, I'm staying with family now which seems to be having a good calming and sane effect on me.

I have to move out to go to university anyway so that might be good for me. And I used to talk to Bobo all the time...must get back in touch with her!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
And now I'm home.

My friends threw me a surprise party which was so lovely of them!

It's been so good to be home! Everyone is great and they all still love me! But today I got my first realisation of just how censoreding difficult its going to be to adjust.