vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Anyone else do fire hoops? I've more or less invented a set, seen it done at Circus Oz and so on, looks insane, like the fire is on you (but of course its not) Anyone want to trade ideas and moves and stuff...email me through the website www.fireworksdance.com.au

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
bump

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

CaveyBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
I just got sent a fire hula hoop from QLD from my friend for my birthday.

Can anyone teach me? I've been watching videos but I'm kinda boarding the fail boat most of the time frown

Help? biggrin

I'm in Sydney btw ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: Cavey (1205042003)

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
do you know how do hula hoop with a regular hoop?
If not i would really work on that befor moveing to the fire to quickly.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
heya cavey... I think sydney's got a pretty rockin' hooping scene. there may be more, but I know for sure that these guys:

hooping classes with hoop empire

have hooping classes in a number of places around sydney... by the way... too cool, being sent a fire hoop!!

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

CaveyBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
Thank you! ^__^

CaveyBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Blueberry

do you know how do hula hoop with a regular hoop?
If not i would really work on that befor moveing to the fire to quickly.

I wouldn't light it up before I knew exactly what to do. Need to practice with it unlit first for quite some time I think.

I can walk and hula hoop at the same time, that's the extent of it redfacebut I really want to learn it smile

I have so much fun with my staff and poi so this could possibly be even more fun ^__^

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't recomend practising with a fire hoop, even unlit, just because when you are learning, your hoop will get dropped, a lot!, and you are more than likely to damage your expensive fire hoop.

Why don't you buy an adult hula hoop to practise with, its not that different from a fire hoop, but it will save your pennies, and wrecked wicks.

If you really must use the fire hoop to practice, then I would recommend at least covering the wicks to protect them, with something like socks.

I learnt most of my hula hoop from you-tube, have a look at the groups below, plenty of fantastic videos...

https://www.youtube.com/group/learnhooptricks

https://www.youtube.com/group/hoopmasters

Enjoy, and good luck!

(P.s. this thread, really needs to be moved to the other toys forum!)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Yup what prikly leaf said is what i was meaning. Get your self a regular hoop to practice with first. the weight of a fire hoop can make them hard to learn tricks with.

Also definatly get your self down to the hoopaholics classes. They are a awsome buch and will teach you loads of tricks.
https://www.hoopempire.com/classes

CaveyBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
^ I checked out the site, when they have classes and all that. Unfortunately the hoop classes is when I have to be at my course classes frown

I'll get a regular hoop though (does Target or someplace similar have adult size ones?) and just keep watching the videos.

smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Make your own. Theres a few sites that give good instructions. Then you can make it to the size and weight you want.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah definatly don't get a kmart one they will be way to small.

You can make one out of irigation pipe you can get from bunnings. use the black stuff with blue stripes and then cover it with some pretty electrical tape.

ALso if you don't want to make one the guys that run the classes also sell normal hoops. And they have really pretty patterns.

tatjnaSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
There are at least 2 fire hoopers in Wellington, New Zealand, me being one of them. In true kiwi style, I made my own with number 8 wire and alkathene, and was totally stoked when it not only worked, but has lasted over a year with minimum breakages.

Come visit!