Forums > Social Chat > Record breaking election

Login/Join to Participate

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
You've gotta laugh at the way these middle eastern dictators work!

Yesterday Saddam was voted back in for 7 years through a national referendum where, apparently, every eligible voting Iraqi, all 11.5 million of them, not only turned out to vote but every single one voted for him (he was the only choice of course)!!!

This is a healthy electoral swing for Saddam, who has picked up the 0.4% of votes he lost in 1995 where he only managed a weak 99.6% of the votes!

Amazingly, the votes were all counted by hand in the space of a few hours and within minutes Iraqi television channels were reporting the landslide, accompanied by songs about the 100% landslide which were impressively written in 90 seconds after the results were announced!!!

(On the flip side of the coin, Bush signed the Congressional bill yesterday allowing him the full right to use whatever forces necessary to defeat Saddam.)

Well, just an bit of news for those who were too busy spinning last night to see it!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
firestaff fight! firestaff fight!

Georgie vs. Saddam

FIRESTAFF FIGHT! WE WANT

A FIRESTAFF FIGHT!

YO! SHOVE ONE IN EACH'S HAND & LET'S GO!

STAFFS OUT! En garde!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Bah, Saddam got the .4 from the missing votes from Florida!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
What scares me is the he has such an ardent following a lot of the people who voted ticked their ballot papers in thier own blood! - now I doubt anyone in western society would really care that much about a leader to do that..

Funda- mentalist fanaticals.. freak me out!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Yes brain washed people will do alot of things.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
"look into my eyes....... .......you WILL build me a firestaff......you WILL.......you feel UNABLE TO RESIST..... ......."

Scary

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
I saw that this morning on the front of the metro... its just depressing really that a country these days can be so oppressed.

wow i'm feeling profound today. That was waay to sensible for me to post.

ahh well much

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
actually, it was more like 99.34% of the vote. what happened to the .76% that didn't vote for him you ask. They were shot most likely

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
I'm sure that some are brainwashed, which is just as well considering fear is the other option. The voting cards are all traceable since they have the voters national ID number on them. During the last election I read that people that voted no were detained and/or killed. I found the following from an AP release...pretty scary:

But on Baghdad's streets, people voiced support. All were questioned Sunday in the presence of a government-appointed minder, officially required of all foreign press.
"This vote will be the challenge of the Iraqi people to the United States," engineer Achmed Abdul Sahib said outside a bus station. "More than last time. More than 99 percent."
But there was only silence after an awkward question posed in the presence of the minder: Why the 0.04 percent "no" vote in the last election?
Curious soldiers stopped and clustered behind the minder, who hesitated at the question and appeared relieved after being told that he didn't have to answer.

Any reporter that goes into Iraq is followed around by these gov. appointed minders and the public I'm sure is very aware of that fact. Say something neg. about Iraq/Saddam and well, use your imagination.
On a slightly lighter note I read (no joke, seriously) that Saddam's campaign song is Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You,". The funny thing is whitney also sung "The Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl in 1991 (during the Gulf War!).

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do