Forums > Social Discussion > More explosions in London Underground?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Just heard it on the BBC news.

Smoke seen coming out at Warren St tube station.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: FoxInDocs

*crawls into a corner* this is horrible, why can't people just get along..?

well, I'd agree, but the UK and countries like it have done some pretty horrific things in/to other countries over the years to make our own lives better which isn't taught in our schools. Whilst terrorism categorically is not the answer to this, it's not hard to understand the mindset of people who perpetrate such attacks. As i said in the thread about the previous bombings thou, and as Mr livingstone said yesterday, this has nothing to do with religion or the teachings of any large organised religion, it's purely politics carried out by criminals in disguise as religious martyrdom.

Written by: Dom

Terrorism does actually work and bring about change - just not always in a clear cut manner.

This is sadely true, it does affect a minority, whose actions can then become more widespread. The Sun this week called for the European Convention of Human Rights to be thrown out, which is an absolutely preposterous idea (i'd seriously consider emigrating if the UK gov did). Yesterday I saw a BNP printout on the pavement as i walked home. There were people on the BBC news saying this morning that they'll never use the tube again. I do agree that our anti terror laws are out dated and need bringing upto speed with a world where you can readily find information about bomb making online, can use mobile phones to coordinate attacks etc, but now's not the time to make rash decisions and pass laws that haven't been properly thought through.

Written by: Dom

I'm trying to bear in mind that this is nothing compared to the daily suffering of other peoples across the world who face bombings, violence, starvation and suffering on a daily basis.

I agree, and I also think things need to be put into context. Terrorism isn't war in the true sense, the events of the past 2 weeks compare in no way to the devistation caused in just one bomb raid on london during WW2. An extremely small percentage of people have been wounded in these attacks, and an even smaller amount killed. I'm not a statistician, but I'm sure there's more likely ways to die in london that have always been there (run over by car/bus etc). There's an estimated 3 million people that use the underground daily. Approx 40 / 3,000,000 * 100 is a 0.0013% chance.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

I wonder if that's what they're on about. Trying to get Muslims thrown out of Western society, angry and hurt, ready to join the cause...

I would think so. From what i've read and seen, western muslims are considered to be little better than non-muslims by some fundamentalist groups, mainly because they have adapted their faith and lifestyle to living in the western world. A return to the old school, as it were, would be welcomed.

There is (or seems to be) growing disaffection among muslim youth anyway...how else are fundamentalists recruiting british muslims to fight in the holy war in other countries, train in terror camps etc. However, since this has only really come under media scrutiny since september 11, it could well be that this has been happening for years without anybody noticing (since our intelligence services were too busy worrying about irish bombers to think about any other potential terrorists).

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: sqaurexedge

There is (or seems to be) growing disaffection among muslim youth anyway...how else are fundamentalists recruiting british muslims to fight in the holy war in other countries, train in terror camps etc.

remember it's only an extremely tiny minority of uk muslim youth who actually "fight in the holy war in other countries, train in terror camps etc."

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Latest development - a man has been shot dead on the tube by police
BBC breaking news

JustwalkMember
68 posts

Posted:
Strange that terrorist is targetting UK. UK is one of the most tolerant countries in the world when it comes to race and beliefs. I am sure a few bombs would not sour what this country had try hard to achieve.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much for posting local news and developments chaps.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Justwalk

Strange that terrorist is targetting UK.

is that sarcasm or are you actually being serious?

Written by: Justwalk

UK is one of the most tolerant countries in the world when it comes to race and beliefs

Within our own country, sure. Elsewhere, not really.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
a suspected suicide bomber was shot 5 times today as well by police. woah scary.....too many idiots trying to bomb us grrrrrrr

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
More news: Armed police and gunshots heard on Harrow Road West London.

Page: