Forums > Social Chat > Another example of what not do.....

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine in LA was waiting in the ER waiting area with his friend when a kid was brought in with third degree burns on his body. It seems the kid was trying to do some fire breathing and other tricks with alcohol and a lighter when his clothes caught. Here's the stinker of it, he had layered his clothes. He was wearing wet clothes underneath the top layer thinking it would act as insulation if he did catch. So the top layer caught on fire, trapping in the heat of the wet layer and it steamed him like a lobster! Anyone who cooks surely knows steam burns are far worse than contact/fire burns.My friend asked this kids friends and such what happened, and then told the kids how stupid they were (kids meaning 16/17 year olds..ie..old enough to know better).Just thought I would share.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 31 March 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
oh my god pele. that's terrible. I guess it highlights why it's so important to have someone teach you how to fire breathe rather than trying to figure it out for yourself.I hope he comes out of the experience ok.:0

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
i figured it out mostly on my ownbut i at least talked to people.... and im lucky