Forums > Introductions > try not to step on my firebreathing frogs! (took ages to train them..)

Login/Join to Participate

bizarreeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
allo all ye beautiful mad people! wavehello

hhhmmmm... i love writing extremely bad poetry but as an attempt not to scare anyone away i will just introduce myself.

i'm a 23-year-old female. i was born in finland but tend to move around a lot - for now i consider myself based in edinburgh. (curious incidents lead me there and i couldn't be happier to have ended up in such a lovely city!)

i play with poi (since 03 and i'm not brilliant at it in any way - yet!) and would also like to start learning staff, contact juggling etc. but seem to be too lazy / occupied with other stuff to take time for it. my most memorable poi-related moment must have been taking part in beltane fire festival, the strangest one spinning in a huge cave in the middle of a jungle in belize and the least glamorous one spinning fire in *full daylight* to entertain my little sister's birthday guests...

ive got several burns because of my hobby, but none of them are from actual spinning or fire toys. ha ha figure that one out...! hehe

plus a collection of random facts:
- in my top 3 dreams ive been a tree, britney spears, and an action hero
- i like brushing my teeth and washing dishes
- i make amazing vegan lasagne
- there's a song called "meat for vegans" dedicated for me
- ive fooled myself to think that i can play djembe but i cant seem to fool others confused
- i sometimes dress in orange from head to toe and think that i look good
- i will save all the frogs
- im filled with feverish anticipation of meeting you all!

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
may i be the first to welcome you to Hop welcome
and also warn you it is uber addictive
have fun biggrin

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello and welcome to HoP!!
wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Welcome! Happy Spinning!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
wave hullo there! welcome ubbrollsmile

er.. want to come wash my dishes? huh huh? wink biggrin

bizarreeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
thank you guys for welcomes!

i will come and wash your dishes adya if i can surf your couch! wink i might be coming to oz very soon - depends on how nasty the immigration officers are down under... wouldnt have thought applying for a student visa can be so complicated!

*Jenni*member
29 posts

Posted:
hello. i once dreamnt i was britany spears girl friend..

J xx

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce welcome to HOP bounce bounce

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
helloo welcome

bizarreeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
i hope you were better treated in your britney dream - i was chased by a very very scary person with lots of tattoos, piercings, black leather clothes and white face paint. he was trying to kill me. still i found it really funny when i woke up. if not a bit weird, never been a fan...