Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
I'm not afraid of confessing that I'm totally hopeless when it comes to directions and map-reading. In fact, I'm a bit of a cartophobe.

So I bought a satnav system for the car. It's a Palm Tungsten T5 with TomTom Navigator on it...only, it doesn't work all the time! I know I have to put the GPS receiver in the car where it can "see" the sky and it looks as if the unit's flashing to indicate that it has locked a GPS signal. But when I switch the Palm on and ask it to navigate a route, it sits there saying that it's waiting for a valid GPS system.

So far, out of eight journeys, the satvav has functioned twice. Not a good result!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Someone has suggested it's to do with the order in which things are switched on, but that seems a bit bizarre to me.

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"