Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > tangle wrap into reverse, new move or just me?

Login/Join to Participate

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok i was practising tangles (if ive got it right, tangle = both poi spin in a circle in front in the same direction and split time, cross over, tangle and then somehhow untangle again and carry on the circle) when i moved my left arm (the poi were going clockwise) and when they tangled, wraped over my left arm. then i just 'bounced'(suddenly lifted my arm) the poi and it unwrapped while finishing the tangle and the poi now go anti-clockwise..... can be done again in the other direction with the right arm.

is this new? was just wondering cause i realy like this move, ill try and put it up on a vid soon. any thoughts? smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
definately not new i'm afraid (if i understand you correctly), you could probably have found it with a search!

handcuff wrapping the heads round your wrists looks quite nice for this using a basic airwrap. i've been trying to incorporate it into a horizontal hyperloop to change direction but still need to work on me timing to get it clean. you ( i.e. not me yet) can also change from a butterfly into follow time wrap by just bouncing one head at an opportune moment.... have a look at oli's bottom of a cliff video for some more ideas... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yes, it can be done the opposite way with the other arm. You can also wrap both arms at the same time.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeah, but you have to admit its kinda cool that you can change the direction of a tangle(both poi) by only touching one poi head..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yup - just you I'm afraid.

I tend to do these off my shins or ankles though

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!