Forums > Social Chat > Solstice (and I'm moving from New Zealand to Perth)

Login/Join to Participate

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Hope you're all having a great solstice (shortest day here, longest day for those who live in the other hemisphere). Compulsory burn tonight (if the weather behaves).

Well, I just found out last week that my girlfriend (oops, sorry, that's "partner" in this PC crazy world) and I both got the jobs we applied for in Perth, starting on the 18th of July (yep, major panic clean/pack/freight mode now). It's going to be a big change from little old Invercargill, New Zealand, looking forward to the warmer weather though. I'll have to get along to the Perth fire meets, just didn't have the time when we visited in February.

I'd better go and find some drop-bear repellant wink

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
OOooooo.....yay!! More people in Perth to spin with.
You will be in Perth in time to come on a picnic with Psycholemming in one of the parks here. Keep Sunday the 25th July free. Assuming I get organised.
PM me or Medusa when you get in and we would love to fill you in on the one meet that happens at the moment. There is a local fire board too.
ubbrollsmile

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Yayayayaa.....a new victim...errrmmm I mean friend to twirl with....

Sam JelfsBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
happy solstice my friend... i hope all the troubles of your winter dissapear, and let sping roll on smile

L & R

Sam J smile

IcerSILVER Member
just a shadow of my former self...
205 posts

Posted:
an the exodus continues...another kiwi crosses the ditch. thats cool tho, im kinda jealous, wish i ahd a job to go to in oz, just as a steppin stone to the rest of the world tho, Lord knows i wouldnt want to live there for good. my brother moved there in jan and he already sounds like an ozzie. gonna be warmer tho, im in chch and its plenty cold here, cant imagine how cold it is down in Inver. sadly i ahve to wait to till tomor noght to burn, but i get to spark up my new tripl eheads, so still gonna be a thrill.
good luck across the ditch.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Hi Medusa & Gnor, I'll still be finding my feet on the 25th but I'll try to make it to the meet.

Hey Icer, I was born & raised in Christchurch. Invergiggles is a bit colder, a lot windier & we get 1/2 an hour less daylight today. But we also get a lot more daylight at the summer solstice (but still windier & colder).

A comparison of 4 day forecasts (Celsius):
Invercargill (Min-Max)
4-11
2-9
2-8
1-9

Perth (Min-Max)
3-17
6-19
11-17
9-17

'nuff said really.

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi