SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what people do about their hair when they're spinning. I'm a guy, with hair down to about mid-back, and I normally keep it in a ponytail. Problem is, I don't want to set it on fire.

So, apart from tucking it all under a hat (which I don't really want to do) does anyone have any ideas how I could avoid losing my hair?

It took 7 years to get this long, I'm quite proud of it...

Thx

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I have the same problem too but if you don't want to wear a hat, damp it (lots) with one of those garden spray bottles and wear an alice band.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Sethis, this is one of the many subjects that has been discussed many times. If you do a search you'll find the appropriate threads.
Or (just because I'm feeling nice) click
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]
and[Old link]

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much, not entirely sure why I didn't think of it myself... Must be my off day/week/month/lifetime.

Thanks again!

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
I haven't yet played with fire for the shear fact I'm too scared to loose my hair (took years to grow it), I think I'm just going to tie it up possably in a bun then wear a beanie over the top.

+†Delirium_57412†+

Firewuffmember
26 posts

Posted:
PUT IT IN A BUN!!! easy, burns less easily than loose short hair! mines been growing for 14 Years no with 2 trims. And it is in good nic too!

"The company of those that seek the truth is
always preferable to those who think they have
found it"

Terry Pratchet
Monsterous Regiment

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
yeah bun is good but make sure its wetted as well coz burnt hair is NOT good!!!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.