Forums > Social Chat > Quite a big tremor in Britain

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
It was something like 4.2, huge for Britain. It hapaned at like 12:40 am. I was doing my homework and I heard this thing fall of my computer table, but I decided it would take too long to look around. In the morning my dad told me about how his bed chaking for about 15 seconds.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As a two time "big one" survivor (6.9 and 7.1 in Cali) I can say that earthquakes suck. Hopefully there won't be any aftershocks because those are what really rattle your nerves... Stay in your doorframes and away from your windows kid!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
hhhmmm. i live in london, i was up last night and i didnt feel a thing. speaking to a friend in nottingham this morning she told me about it, went into town and saw it on front page of newspapers.....how did i miss it?

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Yeh thats what I thought, my dad said it was quite big but I didnt even realize it was one untill the morning and he told me. Maybe some people are more sensitive about these kind of things than others.

NYC, sorry to here about your experiences. Perhaps in about a decade when the world is screwed your advise might save me.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I was in Guam when they had their most recent one, I called my folks to say all was good, they didnt even know about it. I thought CNN coverd everything that happens hehe, guess I was wrong hehe.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Yo, Muff_Daddy i slept right through the earth quake. I didn't feel a thing!!! The next day my work mate said that he had thought that a lorry had ploughed straight through his living room!!!!
Must have been a gud 'n'....Well i wouldn't know i was asleep!!!!! *ahhh sleep*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
i felt it gud n proper. i was quite strange!

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
LOL i was quite strange, sos peeps that was suposed to say *IT was quite strange.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
yeah I was o n my computer and I felt the whole room move

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I was talking to my grandpa in tamworth when it happened. I was the only person in my town that even knew about it. Talk about isolated. A far as I know that is only the second ever earthquake in recorded English history. Please corret me if I am wrong

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach