Forums > Social Discussion > Right wing and raceism and metal

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
Well i have been on hot or not loads in recient meeting even more peeps yay (some really hot ones too.. hemm..)
well neways was chatting online to a exceptionally hot girl in america (dont worry girlfriend is fully aware) and she is into all that white power crap, its just thats she was really alternative, i would of thought she would know how it feels to be judged by your apperences. hum i gave a speech and left it as that. frown
What i wanted to know, do people assosate metal with those types of views?? i really hope not??
opinions and thoughts??

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
Um a few points
-I love metal and hardcore.... im really not racist. i hate raceism
-My close friends love metal and hardcore and hate raceism
Mabie a certan type of person ie is a angry with lots of issues and is racist are more pre disposed to liking metal. rather than to the other
Aghh i wish i never startd this thread, as it has become people just insulting each other.
To be honest i was just a little dissapointed that a hotti was into all that crap... Hohummm ********g*os of and puts on some skindred ********

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
me too - i'm obsessed with metal and i'm nice!

i don't know if they have anything to do with eachother really - you find nice people everywhere just as you (sadly) find racist people everywhere.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
stick with me here, this ones gonna be long. but its gonna be an important one.

i learned long ago that comon knowledge is relative. it is really based on how well you think you understand parts of the world and the association of language to the understanding of these parts. since then i have tried to explain as much of my opinion as possible. polythene, you would call them 'a slight tangent although not off topic'. and i believe that you call them that is because i go too deep or too shallow into my argument and forget the rest the connection then is disjointed and makes no sence. this is probably where you get the view of me 'not waiting for your replies so i can read and think about them, [but] waiting for [my] next opportunity to reply and refute'. ask fryed fish. sometimes i can say two words and assume that they understand my whole story and stop talking right there.

so im sorry if ive pissed anyone off. i reconize when this happens to other people because it happens to me so often. i just want a supported argument of basic understanding. i thought i had doen that with my 4 steps. it really was no question in my mind that that was true.

munkey-you hit the nail right on the head. my psych teacher said, and this makes more sence then anything else on this thread in my opinion:

racism comes from early experiances in a persons life. the most impacting factor is the parents. the elitist argument i proposed she said was more of a reinforcing factor. that is there is a dormant racist or an already racist view and the early development of a skill and elitist view will bring out a mroe racist person. i dont remember hearing anything about flowers ubblol

the last point im going to make on this post is on assumptions we make when writting.

my junior year in high school i had one of my favorite teachers. although i didnt learn censored in his class i learned one thing that i think is relevant to not only this thread but to all boards.

when we read something, the authors ententions rarely come through into our interpretation. a mistake that many of us, myself included, make is that we read these posts as if the person is sitting right next to us. emotion is very hard to put on paper. especially when the writting is as choppy as it is in threads like these. when i reply to a message i am replying to my own interpretation to the words infront of me not the intentions of the writter.

nearly all gone-that 'you should be afraid' thing was a joke. when i read your reply i saw anger 'Wtf? Why's that exactly?'.

polythene-im sorry for that post. it was uncalled for and didnt really serve any purpose. i was actaully trying to make you say something to make you look racist but you never said it. im truely ashamed. but i do read everyones post as carfully as possible, but like i said its hard to see the intensions with porly backed arguments, and im not excluding myself with this. obviously (as someone said earlier) the amount of posts in disagreement with mine would suggest that my argument was poorly backed and unexplained.

with that said, i think this is one of my favorite arguments ive ever had. im glad that the moderators didnt close it when i first got out of hand. alot of good points came out.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

Wonder MonkeyBRONZE Member
Certainly confused
121 posts

Posted:
smile

Good points well made Mr Brain.

I had a very similar conversation with a friend just a couple of days ago, although I maintian that my friedn and I's debate was going no where becasue he had no position and kept contradicting himself, this mainly arose becasue of the nature of the medium we were using to carry out the debate.

It doesnt allow for immediate clarification of meaning that could be vital in stopping assumptions being made on behalf of the writer...which then results in the debate degenerating into semantics, which then breeds frustration, which then breeds snipiness in the debate and on the boards.

With only the ability to read, there can be much left to interpretation by the reader. And things can easily be misinterpreted. Or taken too literally or definitively.

I agree that this has been fairly thought provoking as a thread, and its why I come on boards at all really...but then the boards arent the best medium to use biggrin ubblol

I too am glad it didnt get shut down - like TV I feel, if someone doesnt like what they read, and doesnt want to contribute constructively, then click somewhere else adn instantly you are away from the offensivenessness.

Personally, Id think it would be better to try and contribute, rather than close doors, and lots can be learned smile (even if it may be at times frustrating)

Apologies if the tone of the above was patronising, as was not intended to be smile meditate

My Mummy Says Im Special

bounce ubbloco bounce

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: Burning Brain

nearly all gone-that 'you should be afraid' thing was a joke. when i read your reply i saw anger 'Wtf? Why's that exactly?'.

[...]

alot of good points came out.

It wasn't anger, more confusion that you seemed to be making some kind of "threat" (albeit lighthearted) in an otherwise civilised, interesting thread. I wasn't angry, just slightly bemused I was being told to "be afraid". But if it was a joke fair enough, sorry that I didn't read it that way - it was just a bit out of character with the rest of the conversation wink

I agree this has been an interesting discussion and I'm glad you've said that elitism may be a single, small contributary factor brain. That's sort of my point from the beginning - maybe you could argue that elitism is something to do with racism, but linking metal to it with that is far too insubstantial for me just to accept that at face value. As people have said, there are so many major factors in racism, and the fact certain people who have racist attitudes are drawn to metal is probably to do with the agression represented in the music. I think.

Besides, I don't think this thread as a whole is a good candidate for closure, a lot of the argument's been pretty in-depth and intelligent without getting nasty. This sort of thread is what Social Discussion's all about wink biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
you want some closure in a debate. lets talk about abortion. i dont think that has 980713409857018973240985.7 different sides to it.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
*hides*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
I'm a big metal fan, and being I believe in white supremacy, we are supreme at being greedy, selfish, racist, envious of everyone else, and we are definately super at being stupid.

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

Page: