Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
A number of years ago, my family and I came back from a long weekend away to find our fence had been "tagged" (graffitied). The offenders were caught and we joined a number of other people who had also had property being graffitied in making police statements about the damage. As a part of the statement, we had to give a figure of the amount it would cost to have the damage repaired.

We were quoted from a cleaner experienced in graffiti removal that as it is a treated pine fence, the damage caused by removing the graffiti would more than likely look worse than the graffiti itself - and it would take $120 to try anyway. As you can guess, we left the graffiti.

When the offenders were convicted, they paid a fine which was determined partly by the damage they had made to property - including private property, ie: my house. But as no doubt you all know, fines don't go towards the victims. And this was no exception. However the local council took a share of the fines to clean up public buildings...

But in yesterday's local newspaper there was some shocking news; owners of private property can be fined up to $1000 for allowing graffiti to remain on their own property . This fine is larger than the fine currently handed out for possession of cannabis in the local magistrate's court!

Quite frankly, I am quite disgusted. And "quite" is putting it midly.

This, among other new bylaws is currently open for debate in public forums (or some other crap that is probably mandatory for them to carry out anyway). And like it will bring about a change in this obsurd law! Gives the people a false sense of security that they actually have a say!

I want to know why local councils can get away with such blatant revenue raising activities! I would really love for a councillor to have their treated pine fence graffitied!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
eek That's awful!

muttermuttersupidgovernmentsmuttermutter

frown

Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
eek

That is really bad! hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
here in Florida they rust recently put a similar law into effect for buisness owners..........it sux..........you could try petitioning it, if enough people complain about it, they may listen???

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
oh come on guys! why have efficiency when you can have beaurocracy! wink

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

eddicted2dnbBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
The government sucks... frown I hate the whole idea of politics

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
well, what can i say... that's bull [censored]. Not that i'm for being a vigilante, but you should go graffiti something onto the "offenders" house... like:
"YO' FACE"
or
"OWNED"
or
"MY DAD COULD BEAT UP YOUR DAD"
or maybe even
"FERSHIZZLE"

and yeah the government sucks... they expect everyone to be so thankful that the entire country isn't homeless that we're expected to let them get by with that kinda crap....

the only fubbard law i'm completely familiar with is the one in a county very close to where i live:
You can be arrested if you a part of a group of 5+ that are all walking in a line if you don't have a parade permit.
it's true, and TOTALLY random. but hey, what can ya do?

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
www.dumblaws.com

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
"Cincinnati Laws
Anal intercourse is banned."

umm ubbtickled ubbloco

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

ZimBRONZE Member
284 posts

Posted:
drinking intoxicating cement is illegal? ...haha it may just be me but usually don't things like drinking cement result in you dying? it goes up there with "sky diving without a parachute is illegal" and "driving 120+ mph the wrong way on a one way street will result in a 50$ fine"

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
is the fine for graffiting less than the fine for not cleaning off your property?

if so, spray your name all over a governmnent officer's fence and watch with satisfaction.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure what the fine for graffiting is - but I like the idea ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ZimBRONZE Member
284 posts

Posted:
yeah... or you could spray anything BUT your name all over the government officer's fence so they don't know who you are, but hey, maybe it's just me smile