Forums > Social Chat > Would U like GoA TrancE????

Login/Join to Participate

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
All lovers of GOA TRANCE music listen!!!

www.cosmictantra.de

check for MIXES...nice!ubbangel

sunny
grouphug

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
one question... it may be really stupid - butfor someone only new to the doof scene.... does goa = psy?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
yes goa and psy are about the samething, to me goa seems more agressive, but thats me

thanx for that link foxy, i needed new music BADLY

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
goa is old school

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
oh yes...goa trance is more rythmical and psy trance is more halucinogenlolsigndidnt know which word to use...ubblol
but i not saying that goa is not halucinogen as well...heheheh..thats what is actually about...ubbloco

my opinion...ubblove

sunny
grouphug

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
for me the difference between goa and psy is how much smelly hippie wink influence is in it.

-Goa has all this indian or buddhist or insert any other esotherical influence that is taken out of context to pretend that we are soooooo eotheric and hippy and alternative.

-psy is more realistic about the fact that a party is just a place where ppl get together to dance to fast, halucinogenic music and have a great time.

i personally get really annoyed when i hear tribal chanting, or quotes from esotheric material, or reference to tribal drugs and the spiritual experience you get from them, because i think that it is disrespectful to the culture when a bunch of western kids take it out of context blast their brains out with chemicals and whatnot and then pretend that they know what the quote, sample whatever is referring to.

oh yeah i have nothing against hippies, im friends with a buch of them.

hey guys hug

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
woooow... hang on a second my austrian friend.... shrug You're making some vast sweeping statements there.

Maybe you need to come to Australian doof - we're certainly not a "bunch of western kids" with no knowledge of what cultural influences we're dancing under. I don't go to doofs to take drugs, but I do go to have a great time with my community, reconnect with mother earth and father sky and allow the music to take me on a journey, be it spiritual, internalised or plain rockin good fun. The majority of inner 'family' at these gatherings share much the same view.

So, please - don't tell me that my enjoying a quote from Terence McKenna mixed in by Simon Posford to a track with a tribal beat makes me superficial and guilty of bastardising spiritual culture!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah right on Flash hug

Konsti, just cuz you dont feel that there is spiritual value in trance doesnt mean there isnt any for anyone else.

Ive found a large number of people in the Doof scene are highly spiritual and well balanced.

Many of them have rejected the usual 'Spirituality can only be found in a church' notion that pervades Western societies, and are seeking it elsewhere, at the least you have to give them credit for thinking for themselves.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
i think that you get the wrong idea.

first

i started the post with "for me". and then continued with "I personally". So im reflecting my own oppinion that i got from the parties that i have been to (mostly england and austria). Then i have to say that im not a believer in mother earth, and father sky. Im not saying that i dont get a kick out of a beautiful location, but i just leave it at that. Sometimes i think that we shouldnt be partying where we are because of the damage to the nature. That includes noise pollution.

i never said anything about tribal beats (i like them myself), i said that i dont like tribal chanting. because they are holy songs of a culture that we dont belong to and that we should respect that and not put it into our party music.

If you dont go to a party to take drugs, good for you. but from what i have seen at the parties that i have been to, is that the overwhelming majority does take drugs, whether that is a beer, spliff, mdma or whatever else.

You are a bunch of western kids, adults, or whatever you consider yourself, whether you like it or not. That doesnt mean that you dont know different cultures, but the majority, doesnt have a clue about what tribal chant they are getting killer visulas to.

I am critisizing the ignorant and superficial use of material from different cultures just so the music sounds esotheric and hippy and goa. NOT the ppl that actually sit down and respectfully learn about them.

sadly the majority does not give a damn.

thats why i prefer psytrance. it concentrates on the music, the technology and making the sounds more and more original or getting new ideas from different genres just to put it into psytrance.

i respect somebody much more who sits down with a synthesizer and creates an absolutely amazing synthline with sounds that amaze you than somebody who searches the internet for anthropology sites just to find tribal chanting.

oh yeah just for your information, doof means dumb in german. Im not saying this to insult you, but i thought you should know.

peace

Edit: i just remebered something i whitnessed in london. I was an indoor party at the SEONE, i think it was synergy. there was this dude who did "shamanic rap" he was trippin censored and (badly) rapping about spiritual stereotypes, i.e. collective conciousness, open mind &soul, yada yada yada. I wouldnt care if he was sitting in a corner, doing that but i did care that he was standing onstage and rapping with a mic over the trance. Not only did it sound crap (nobody moved to it everybody was standing there waiting for him to end so the dancing could start, i was laughing at him to be honest) my main problem was that he was enforcing his spirituality onto the other ppl. I dont want to hear this dudes stereotypical ramblings. i guess thats the same problem i have with all that spirituality in goa. its all stereotype. Id much rather enjoy being with my friends and dance, juggle, spin, go crazy. That has its own unique spirituality. altough i dont think about it in that way, i think about it as: wow how can ppl be going to those shitty clubs wasting their money and just show off egos, constantly being overlooked by bouncers, when you can go to the forest and do whatever you want with your friends. and remeber that for the res of your life.

-Alfred Dorfer

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Flash fire,Josh..hug

yes i agree..i really like my friends,goa trance music and spirituality.
visiting goa trance parties is not for drugs for me as well./not taking drugs/
i found there very consciousness ppl too and the sound of GoaTrance ubbangel
believe or not,each time when i m on this kind of music party u can haer me say,better said,shout:

I LOVE GOA TRANCE!

maybe its sound to u little bit fanatic.. lolsign but its true ubblove

sunny
grouphug

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
please read the edit.

im a trance fanatic as well, all i listen to is psytrance. and the border between goa and psy is (musically) not really existing

-Alfred Dorfer

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I'd just like to say... INDIE RULES!

Thanks

*enjoyed reading this even though he doesn't know what these sorts of music are, really, and wonders why music discussion isn't allowed..?*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
erm Goa is called Goa because it came from Goa. It was made by hippies who were living there on the beaches trying to find out what life meant to them and stuff like that. while perhaps some of the original Goatrance innovators were 'pretending to be hippy and esoteric' I think the vast majority were trying to express the spirituality they really percieved or were exploring. The Goa sound has a lot more to it than just the use of chanting (in fact, I wouldnt say that chanting characterises Goa at all - but I'll give your claim the benefit of the doubt).

I think the continuous useless drug references found in 'psytrance' eg 1200Mics are far more offputting than hearing a track with eastern scales (eg Angelic Particles by Hallucinogen).

Strangely enough I love Minimal psytrance the most at the moment, and even tho it is so formulaic and the product of machines etc etc, I still think it is a good vehicle for trancendent experience, which is really the crux of all the spirituality claims.

Doof meaning dumb in German doesnt bother me - Im sure it means all sorts of stuff in many different languages. In Australia its another word for psytrance / goa and thats the context in which it was used.

and as for the drugs debate, this is not the site for it.

and that rapping guy sounds like he needed some rotten tomatoes...but then again, it also sounds like the crowd thought he sucked too?

I think we are on the same wavelength tho dude -

"wow how can ppl be going to those shitty clubs wasting their money and just show off egos, constantly being overlooked by bouncers, when you can go to the forest and do whatever you want with your friends. and remeber that for the res of your life".

What makes dancing with your friends in the forest so much more worthwhile than crappy clubs? Sounds like hippy talk! wink

Josh

--

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: Josh

Doof meaning dumb in German doesnt bother me - Im sure it means all sorts of stuff in many different languages

ubblol sure does. doof in dutch means deaf tongue

oops, sorry for being offtopic

i love both goa & psy trance. doesn't get played a lot here any more though. the whole trance scene has more or less ran it's course and died out frown

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
lol I wonder if it means blind in another language?

Josh

--

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*groan*

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
(I would just like to clarify that I don't really go for Goa. I mostly listen to what we call 'psygressive' - scandanavian type morning trance combining a load of synthetic sounds with a dash of organic spirituality)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
wow... this must be the only music discussion still active on HoP.... i wonder why? *coughmoderatorscoughtmusicbiascoughflashcoughjoshcoughpsytrance*

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
you seem to have a problem with your throat there

*passes Dentrassi a glass of water*

now we should hear no more coughing from you!

wink

Josh
:sneaks off to check site guidelines for mod related loopholes:

--

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol /\ that was a fun read

i peresonally (note) prefer the direction psy-trance is going in with labels like twisted and find a lot of the older goa-trance a bit cheesy. maybe that's just cos i've always lived in a modern western techno society though and haven't spent any time floating around south east asia. i think that contrast might be why the music over here seems to be becoming more stripped down and minimal. has anyone read that stuff about why the scene seems to be so popular in israel? theres' a lot of interesting interesting stuff to consider when you think about music in relation to geo-political environment....

*steps off soapbox*

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*coughhypocracycough* thanks josh!! see you at EC! ubblol

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You're all wrong though - If it ain't live - it ain't music

*runs away*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
*throws mud at durbs*
ever heard of a live act? wink

i know where goa comes from and im sure in that setting all the stuff i was ranting about is more than appropriate, but not in a sweaty basement in vienna, and not in a rainy forest in england.

i wouldnt agree with duballstar about the music becoming more and more minimal. I think that its getting more and more full-on. If you hear all the releases from the chemical crew, (va-zoo3, void-punishment to name some) they are pretty bad @ss (zoo3 has some cheesy stuff but it gets browny points for originality). Also the new stuff that comes out of russia like Kindzadza and osom is violent as well. Audialize comes to mind for nice outdoor full-on and Azax Syndrome just simply kicks butt.

but, if you listen to skandasound stuff, then its getting progressive....

-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
If anyone starts saying stuff about dj`s only playing other peoples records...they need a slap.

and I will be here to distribute them accordingly.

Ive spoken to Konstioffatoffski a few times here on HOP (;)) and I know hwat he is on about.

Even if no one knows what im on about.

*starts playing wierd Austrian Techno*

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i hate the way its all catagorised goa this psy that prog psy etc.. or whatever, what ever groups people put anything into every group is gonna have its good bits, and by good i mean bits i like. you shouldnt limit yourself by saying o i dont like goa its all a load of nonsense or whatever.

gimme a bassline and some silly noises and im happy.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I mentioned this isue to a friend who's a Psytrance... DJ, or whatever you'd call it (he has a club night for psytrance) and he reckons there's no difference between Goa and Psy... controversy!

But you guys have convinced me, so I was able to put him right and really annoy him smile so thanks

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
no problem.
im glad i could be of assistance.....
now go and annoy your dj friend some more by playing old, low quality astral projection tapes over and over and over.

smile

-Alfred Dorfer

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Try this ubblove

www.psykick.net

there click on music,there click on mixes..and then on the middle of screen...

Enjoy!

wave

sunny
grouphug

JonaBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
poor durbs. poor, poor durbs.

YEY! i got the poi down form under the motorway bridge!