Page:
master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
just got the news that I was accepted for fire conclave (well, last wednesday, but I aint been around since then).

all I wanted to say was yay me!!! cant wait to be spinning center circle with all that insanity.

less then two months til we go home on the playa.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Maximus, Thanks for the offer but I have had a few different styles of absynth, and I really think it is the licorice taste that gets me wincing...which is odd since I like Anise, and Black Jack gum!

And if you meant that for me to loosen up, I can relate the down side just as much as anyone else can relate the up side...

Actually Nyx, the video was made. A guy who video taped people at BM sold it to the company and they published the video, which is why it is in litigation, though BurningMan actually doesn't have much to fight with due to a lack of rules about things such as this. It's a strange case really. I think that it violates all those people who were walking around feeling free...it violates that freedom, and might make more people re-concider being nude this year, who knows? I know if it were me on the video without permission, I'd be pissed. I guess part of this is they are also having one hell of a time tracking people down who were on the video to see if they gave permission for filming! Ugh!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
So anyway, yes you are all invited. Let's have a HoP gathering at my camp at 3 pm Tuesday. They won't let us in before Monday, and I wanna firedance at the opening ceremony Monday sunset and throughout the evening. And as alcohol and firedancing don't mix--no absinthe til the next day.
Here's some more info: there is going to be a Fire Conclave Camp. All members are to check in there when they get to Black Rock City. Dave King (who taught me how to make safe fire toys) will have a little repair shop there. Also they will have workshops, a schedule of all fire events, and Crimson's staff. It is located near Center Camp at about 190 street (streets are numbered like degrees on a compass this year) and one street in from the Esplanade. (About 7 o'clock in last year's scheme.)
I performed for Crimson last night. Before I began she repeated her criticism of my firedancing from last year--that I needed to focus on one main tool. After I performed she pointed out the central weakness in my approach without dressing it up or mincing her words. I am unaccostomed to having my firedancing be bluntly criticized, especially when the criticism is dead right. It was a humbling experience that made made me a better person as well as a better firedancer.

Maximus
and for my personal take on absinthe, visit my webpage:
www.deadflesh.org/fear/absinthe.html

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus:

I performed for Crimson last night. Before I began she repeated her criticism of my firedancing from last year--that I needed to focus on one main tool. After I performed she pointed out the central weakness in my approach without dressing it up or mincing her words. I am unaccostomed to having my firedancing be bluntly criticized, especially when the criticism is dead right. It was a humbling experience that made made me a better person as well as a better firedancer.

Crimson is a very good person and she's probably the best choice to be running Conclave. It's not exactly an easy job to crack a whip over several hundred fire spinners and try to make sure that everyone is being safe about it. I don't envy her her job.

That said, her name is Crimson Rose for a reason: she's got her thorns. She's not exactly the most tactful person in the world, and while that can be refreshing, some people feel a bit hurt when she has something important to tell them.

If you accept that about her--and I do (although I've only dealt with her a couple of times and I don't know if she'd even recognize me)--she's a wonderful resource. But some people have a hard time putting up those shields, and they should be careful.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus:
(streets are numbered like degrees on a compass this year) and one street in from the Esplanade. (About 7 o'clock in last year's scheme.)
Darn. While this new scheme makes more sense, the general confusion caused by naming streets by clock times made it more interesting. Was something happening at 10:00 or was it going to be located at 10:00? The space-time thing was a real mindfü¢k.

Darn people trying to make Burning Man make more sense...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: