Brigemember
10 posts

Posted:
Hey world! I first saw twirling at Burning Man this past year and was so blown away! I first bought non-fire poi and learned from the instructional video..It's been 7 months now and I feel i'm ready to give FIRE a shot...Just today i received my FIRE POI and now i'm thinking, hmmm which fuel is best to use...I'm looking for fuel that burns well & travels well..Can anyone help? thanks

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
try different fuels. everybody has a personal preference. some people really like biodeisel, but thats hard to find. others swear by white gas. I'd say try something like lamp oil or coleman for the first time. then just start trying other fuels and fuel combinations til you find what you like.

on a side note-burning man was what started me into the skill as well.

good luck with fire, and keep it safe

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

munchkinmember
15 posts

Posted:
I just use barbecue lighting fluid for mine which works really well!
Its really cheap and comes in a bottle that is just the right size for carrying around and the flame is pretty impressive and doesn't leave too much of an aroma!
I read somewhere that you should soak your poi after you have burned them as it makes the wick last longer!
Happy swirling!

Live with the world as you wish it to live with you!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey there and welcome,

There have been countless discussions on this topic in the past (as you can imagine) as well as an article written on the subject. Do a "search" and you'll see what everyone else prefers.

If you're anywhere near Astor Place the KMart makes a lovely "tiki torch fuel" which is cheap and keeps the mosquitoes away. It's my signature cologne.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Brigemember
10 posts

Posted:
thanks for the help guys & gals! I'm so psyched!

hey NYC--I am near Astor place so i'm gonna check out the kmart there..another ? for ya, where can you twirl FIRE in the city? Is there a place where maybe i could meet other twirlers? I'm an eager little beaver