Seermember
8 posts

Posted:
Hey folks... I've just joined this here community of like-minded souls so I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Richard (Seer is a relic of a computer gaming youth) and I live and work in Bristol in the UK. I'm an assistant TV editor, which is much more glamorous than it sounds and a budding Poi-ist as of two weeks ago.

I've mates who've been spinning for years, one of whom made me a Poi set about six months ago, but I've only just picked them up (more fool me). Anyway, wow - what a great rush. It's like meditation without all that sitting around on mountains. I've got as far as the backwards chase and am trying to extend my stereo speaker cables into the garden so I can break out the tunes (much to the neighbours enjoyment I'm sure).

That's it for starters - I thought best not write 'War & Peace' on my first go. Oh, I'm 28 and male by the way, which I'm sure you'dve guessed from the name...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello wave Who do you know in Bristol that spins? Do you ever go to Circus soc?
Look in the events forum for regular meet up info on Wednesdays in college green plus circussoc on Sundays plus other times too.....*sigh* I miss Bristol ubbcrying

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Seermember
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Custom Bug. I don't know anyone in Bristol that spins at all! Circussoc's a uni society is it? Thanks for the pointer - I'm off to the events forum...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hello wave

Do you like the colour pink? ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Seermember
8 posts

Posted:
Funny you should ask... I work for a company called the Pink House... You have a thing for pink I take it?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Quote:

You have a thing for pink I take it?

Doesn't everyone? wink hug

Welcome to HoP!
Cheers!
ubbloco weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome, enjoy!

cool

wave

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
'ello! wave welcome hug

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
And what makes you think i have a thing for pink? ubbangel

Can't i just ask someone their opinion on a certain colour wink ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You're a TV editor who works for a company called the "Pink House?"

Explain? umm

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Seermember
8 posts

Posted:
Assistant TV editor... working my ass off to be an editor in my own right! Well, the company I work for is a small independent company that happens to be in a large pink building... hence the name. We've been going for just over two years and are responsible for some of the crappier stuff you see on daytimne TV (hey, you have to start somewhere, right?)and some considerably more impressive wild-life shows.

Of course, it does give me access to a whole lot of high-end broadcast equipment that comes in very handy for making COL video entries! Any top-class spinners from Bristol listening?

I hope that answers your question... biggrin

Seermember
8 posts

Posted:
...something in the name I guess... confused ubbrollsmile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

...Of course, it does give me access to a whole lot of high-end broadcast equipment that comes in very handy for making COL video entries! Any top-class spinners from Bristol listening?

ooh ooh ooh I'm coming to Brizzle again soon!! I used to be there everyweekend till early May when GeorgeB moved into my house ubblove If I'm around and PM you will you take videos of me? pleeeeeeeese? smile And can some of them be me spinning poi too ubbangel

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Bulletin HOP

Inscrivez-vous pour obtenir les dernières informations sur les ventes, les nouvelles versions et plus encore...