WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
This is probably going to backfire on me, but here goes.

Quote:

e·vil ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vl)
adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est
n.
The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
An evil force, power, or personification.
Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.

I am evil, so I am told. I hate being told that.

I'm not going to get into the details of how it started. Someone started it as a joke because of characters I created and a personality trait (being a Dom). That person wouldn't let it lie.

I tried to take it as a joke but jokes go too far. When it comes to the point where everyone I know who knows of the joke pushes it on me repeatedly, daily, it has gone to far. It cuts me to the quick.

I don't drink.

I don't do heavy drugs.

I've thrown one punch in my entire life, and that was to save a friend from being beaten up by strangers when all his other friends had abandoned him.

I am sometimes volatile and quick to anger, yes, but I am also quick to regret and never reluctant to apologise.

I strive for reconciliation of wrongs.

I try above all else to be there for my friends when they need me.

I try and consider others' feelings, I will try and consider them above my own where I can (and where I can't, I seek reconciliation and compromise).

I have done some things in my life that were bad, yes, but I hate myself for them and I have apologised for them all and in most cases made up with the person who ended up as victim.

My characters I created were fiction. Yes I was able to create some of the wickedest characters some of my friends know of in fiction but I am equally capable of creating just, true, honest and good personas.

As for being a Dom, I only want to make subs happy, to act in a loving and mutually fulfilling relationship.

So I'm asking everyone who knows me, or everyone who has heard the "Quixotic/Neuron is evil" jokes. Drop them. From here on until eternity. Never call me evil again, anyone, without justification.

Jokes wear thin.

This one has worn away.

It has got to the point where it hurts me deeply.

Like I said at the start, this has probably come off whiney and will probably backfire by exposing my weakness to everyone but it's an honest and heartfelt plea. I don't want this unjust taint on my character turning from a joke that got old, fast, into a reputation.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

coza-Why-
126 posts

Posted:
i dont think ure evil

If money is the root of all evil, then why do people sell Bibles?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
hugQuixhug

We think you're lovely and I've never heard an 'evil' joke about you ever.

*takes Quix's hand and leads him to the Dom room so he can have some fun with me before the days out and feels happy and smiley again*

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug I think you are a lovely person! ubbangel
Far from evil - very kind (thank you again for the lift home from Kent kiss)

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
hmm, i don't believe in good or evil.

i think they're nonsense words that don't actually mean anything.

generally people just use them to mean [things that i think are nice] and [things i think are nasty].

But that's not the use of evil here i don't reckun.

Here i get the impression it's referring to the imagery romantically associated with 'evil' characters.

dark clothing, silver jewellery, goatees and all that byronic gothy stuff.

evil as a symbol or imagery, rather than actual evil in terms of wanton destruction or disregard for the feelings of others.

uhm, i had some kind of a point somewhere but its all going vague now...

but if you continue to recklessly wear leather trousers in my presence, i reserve my right to consider you the lord of darkness. Or at least the duke of insufficient luminosity. wink

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I tried to take it as a joke but jokes go too far. When it comes to the point where everyone I know who knows of the joke pushes it on me repeatedly, daily, it has gone to far. It cuts me to the quick.

if they are your friends, simply tell them (preferably individually) that it is not a joke to you anymore and that it hurts - they obviously don't realise it hurts you this much or they would stop!

if they don't take this on board, next time the 'joke' comes up again i would just stand up, say "i told you how i feel about this already. go [bad word alert] yourselves." and leave.

as an aside, what does "because of characters I created" mean?
were you roleplaying or is this an alternate character you actually play out in real life?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

912 posts

Posted:
Quote:

generally people just use them to mean [things that i think are nice] and [things i think are nasty].

Evil being the "things i think are nasty". Ergo the implication of calling someone evil is "I think you're nasty" which is what I take objection to.

Quote:

dark clothing, silver jewellery, goatees, disdain for "the idiotic masses" and all that gothy stuff.

Whilst dark clothing and goatee was true on the weekend you saw me, it is not typically true. I'm not a goth. I don't wear silver jewellery, I don't have a goatee any more, I don't dress all in black. Equally it has been thrown around by those who have never met me.

Quote:

but if you continue to recklessly wear leather trousers in my presence, i reserve my right to consider you the lord of darkness. Or at least the duke of insufficient luminosity.

Leather is thick and not very heat conductive as well as having a habit of not catching fire. Very good for spinning in. That was why I bought them, practicality.

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

912 posts

Posted:
Quote:

if they are your friends, simply tell them (preferably individually) that it is not a joke to you anymore and that it hurts - they obviously don't realise it hurts you this much or they would stop!

Most of them are here on HoP, this saves me the trouble of individually addressing them. Also for reasons I won't go into, it's the only way I can reach some of them.

Quote:

if they don't take this on board, next time the 'joke' comes up again i would just stand up, say "i told you how i feel about this already. go [bad word alert] yourselves." and leave.

I intend to.

Quote:

as an aside, what does "because of characters I created" mean?
were you roleplaying or is this an alternate character you actually play out in real life?

In the writing of fiction and the conducting of role playing games. (yes I'm an RPG geek).

3,149 posts

Posted:
What i was getting at was that you like playing dark characters, don'tcha?

everyone loves playing the villain more than the goodie ubbangel

so if you choose to do that, you should be forgiving of jokes about the darkness you portray, unless they're not meant as jokes.

if you don't like to be associated with an image, then disassociate yourself from it.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

912 posts

Posted:
Quote:

What i was getting at was that you like playing dark characters, don'tcha?

Not more than good ones, no. I like both. That's quite the assumption to make.

I have tried to be forgiving but when I hear that *I* am evil from people I have never met simply because of what other people say, and they say it because of what other people say, and they say it because of what one person said and will not let drop... I take exception.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that's not your friends making a joke at your expense then - that's pure gossip.

if people deem that they are godly enough to judge your personality from a third hand telling of a joke that wasn't funny in the first place, then so be it.
*shrug*
it sounds to me like you only really have a serious problem with the 'one person' who started the joke - the others hardly know you, if at all.
if that 'one person' changed their tune, i would imagine the people that have decided you are 'evil' from a game of chinese whispers would likely change their (loosely based) opinions too.

i can see how it would vex you, but if someone is spreading false and hurtful rumours on this website there are mods that can help to stop it (and of course you can always directly pm the people who are slandering you).

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

3,149 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I like both. That's quite the assumption to make

What? the assumption that you like playing dark characters when in fact you do like playing dark characters, and seemed to enjoying portraying a dark persona when i met you.

confused just call me assuming bob ubbloco

sorry, not meaning to badger you but you're saying that the way that people misinterpret you that makes you unhappy. If many people all misinterpret you in the same way, you may well be sending out the wrong messages. You have control over this situation, and complaining about how they see you without trying to find the root of the problem would be counter-productive.

peace

912 posts

Posted:
Actually, coleman, i am just trying to address the mass who don't know the origins of the joke to stem the gossip/rumour/error whatever you want to call it.

And simian, I was not "portraying a dark character" in Kent. I was massively angry and depressed. That is not typical of me. You are referring to one weekend in the life and I am referring to a problem that by and large centers around this forum. I have few complaints with people who know me, and I mean know me, not have met me, as they tend not to continue down this "evil" train of thought.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by spritie

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

you have a tendency to post in places you might not be immediately welcome

There are places here where we can post and not be welcome confused confused

Let's relight this forum ubblove

912 posts

Posted:
Apparently so, it was news to me to.

So where exactly *am* I welcome?

912 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I've noticed that you are very quick to post messages regarding spankings, whippings, or "torture" of some sort. People pick up on those rather quickly. That do a lot of people is considered evil.

Point me to the accusations of pounce being evil then.

True she also receives jokes about halos but I don't remember her being called outright evil.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Yes, this is an open forum. That's not what I meant.

A big difference is pounce is female. I know that shouldn't make a huge difference, but for a lot of people it does. Face it, stereotypes do exist. Pounce also giggles after everything, and that too makes a huge difference as she's being serious in one regard, but taking it lightly in another. She also just makes a suggestion or hints at something, were you tend to be more explicit and sorta abrupt.

I'm not saying you are evil. I'm just giving you things to look at at why others might get that impression. ubbrollsmile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Excuse me...

I think this thread is moving to be too personal and sensitive for open discussion and I think posts are being motivated by personal reasons that are best talked about off board. Written word is not a good medium for this kind of discussion. Rash words are easily typed; meanings are subjective and things can easily turn nasty.

Thank you.

912 posts

Posted:
No thank you, Dom.

All I wanted was for my request to be aired.

Please feel free to lock the thread.

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
Whatever!
Q - big hug to you
You are obviously feeling down. This may not be the best way to make yourself feel better. Confront the people who say things you dont like directly. Dont obsess over one word honey. Remember it is hard to hear the tone of someones voice if you are reading the written word. Things are always open to misenterpretation.
Step outside, smile and see the sunshine. There is a whole word going on out there. hug again

Wizz ubbangel

Poi... it's an obsession.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
well since i was brought into this discussion, i feel i need to contribute.

i know Q you and i have got into a (what i thought) was a joking match about the term "evil." people attach meaning to words and situations that not everyone does. you and i see the word "evil" as meaning two different things. you see it negatively, i see it playfully, and honestly, in the way i had used it in the past in reference to you, as a good thing.

ya, people don't generally call me evil, i think, like spritie said, because in general i'm always taking a light-hearted tone, i giggle constantly, and i'm seen as playful. i don't think people perceive you necessarily in those same ways. but i've also been called "dirty," something to which i take offense to, but i realize that i'm perceiving the word in a more negative way than how the people who are saying it mean it. so i generally slough it off. i'm not saying that you should do the same, but at least understand that perspective of it if you want people to understand your perspective.

the internet does funny things to people....it changes their persona. i have a reputation on here that anyone who knows me, knows that's not really how i am. at least not entirely. it's a VERY small part of my personality, and one i've discovered is (fortunately/unfortunately) hard to shake on here. i accept it. it's a fun part to play. and the people who do get to know me more, begin to understand that. everyone on here has a persona they have built up online through whatever reasons, but by all means it doesn't mean that's exactly who we are. but i don't think it's possible for us to *know* the people genuinely on here simply through the internet. and it's not possible to *know* the people on here even in one instance of meeting them in person (i.e. one weekend in kent). we give off aspects of ourselves that's never the whole picture at any given moment. it takes time to get to know that person, IN person. so don't worry so much about how people perceive you, cause i don't think anyone on here sees you as *just* that one aspect you portrayed that *one* time we talked to you. smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i would just like to set the record straight on my one incident of "EVIL".

i haven't heard this "evil" joke of which you speak. on the 'what do you know...' thread i said that you looked like my aunt, you said wicked, i said "EVIL". this is because you look like my aunt in your pic, my aunt is evil not you.

when ever i use the term i dont mean unltermate destruction and badness, i just mean someone you cant stand, or in a playful manner.

i dont know you but i dont get the impression that you are an "evil" person. smile

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
your not evil.

I am the embodyment of evil or so I'm told. People call me the evil hippy.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Neuron, you most definitely aren't "evil"! You're a loverly, fluffy, warm and fuzzy person hug kiss hug

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi