Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
More specifically, a short 30 second clip of it in the show "Till Death Do Us Part" which is another one of those shows where 2 people get married or some crap like that. They even slowed it down and all that cool stuff... ubbloco
Sadly, the MTV site is shite, so I can't really get you all the airing times for the next episode.. but I do know it's episode 3 for any who are brave enough.

Has anyone else seen it?

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i've posted this in an older thread that had something to do w/ poi in the media [Old link] but yeah i saw it but i wasn't too impressed by it or anything.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
(Didn't know where to post this, there was two threads for it ... Maby we could combind them into one tread called Fire in the Media?)

YA I SAW THAT!!! NEARLY MADE ME PUKE! (allong with carmen's B-day Pinis Cake)

Those girls did a few drunken partner moves, but they tried to slow the camera speed down and made it look worse than it was...

...Now Over Christmas there was a Comercial for OFFICE MAX with a TON OF FIRE SPINNERS in the back ground. In the front was a Double Staffer (doing simple movements, but it looked good!) there was about ten other poi folks behing the double staffer. Santa was dancing in front of them and they all where inside the Office Max Store. Now thats a Good reflection on the Fire Arts, Carmans B-day party with DRUNKEN Amiture Fire spinners was NOT!!

I haven't seen the Boys of summer vid, But I hope it was Better than Carman Electra's B-Day party extraviganza!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

RixatrixBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
Quote:

(Didn't know where to post this, there was two threads for it ... Maby we could combind them into one tread called Fire in the Media?)

yeah i looked for one and the other thread w/ the carman one was the closest i could find (didn't know if i should have made a new one or not but this one works!! biggrin thanks for making hexus! )

i also saw a mention of fire eater/breather and staff on a show called Taboo on the national geographic channel and also in the movie Big Fish there is a scene at circus and "time stands still" and there is a girl there spinning a staff on her feet when she's laying on her back, it looks cool when it's "frozen" too. anyone else seen these?

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I need to go see that movie "Big Fish." Maby i'll do that tomarrow? Need to find a date though ubbtickled

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

RixatrixBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
it was good, kinda confusing at a few parts, for me at least. hope you like it!~ i want to go see the new peter pan movie that out, maybe i'll see it tomorrow w/ my sister!~
hug
Christina

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
i just saw a renaissance resorts and hotels that had some fire staffs, poi, and devil sticks. nothing impressive, but it fits the bill.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
And Scuzz... Flibble just pointed it out to me and I saw a leather (not so) clad woman doing poi and then eating firey kevlar wick on a music video, which has probably been mentioned before but there you go

Video : Probot - Shake your blood

The leathery women scared me with the squeaky voiced men first time I saw it so I stopped watching it and missed the poi

Enjoy? If you watch it....

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
its a good video and good song smile
GLI and I spied reverse 3bt weave and some mexican wave in the vid.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
big fish? not a bad movie. although the firebreather wasnt anything special.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

RixatrixBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
i was just watching the scifi channel (no idea what i was watching tho) and there were a pair of firebreathers on there in the background. (oh also kinda off this topic but anyone seen the new peter pan movie? i just saw it today and thought it was great, just wanted to know what other ppls views on it were) hug