Forums > Social Chat > Im tired and i want to go to bed.....

Login/Join to Participate

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I need help......i can't sleep. Its currently 2:26 am and im sleepy but can't....if that makes sense. I really want to sleep, and im yawning like a hippo, but when i lie down in bed i can't sleep.Does any one have any techniques, or do i need hypnotherapy, as this has been happening for a coupla weeks.cheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
lie on your back and take a deep breath.Now picture each and every part of your body and let them relax. You'd be surprised how tensed the whole body is , even when you think it is not.Hopefully you'll be asleep before you cover your entire body.Good night sweet one smileshine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 01 March 2002).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I was in a similar situation not long ago, I got out of it by sitting on my bed, closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing.After about 10 minutes of deep, rhythmic breathing, I was out like a light when my head hit the pillow------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
chew on some kava grin

I smell something burning.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I hate to sound crude and such, but had you tried, uh, "helping yourself"?------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Step 1 - Turn the computer off!Repeat a single word, like 'the' to yourself slowly and endlessly.I can't sleep without soothing music.Or Melatonin works wonders as a good sleeping tablet.

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Close your eyes, lie very still.Seriously, most of my insomnia comes form my mind racing too much. Avoid caffine after about 3:00 pm and try to simply slow down your thoughts. Night night.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
PWB, is that what you call it? ROFLgives new meaning to "God helps those who help themselves"

I smell something burning.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
My advice: Download this song-bronchusevenmx24 by Autechre.A weird title, I know...Autechre's pretty funked up. But the song puts me out every single time... blush <---just like this guy.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
shizN0T, no, but it sounded as clean as I could get. Given the suggestion topic.He's probably well along into sleep or already awake by now.Here's hoping you finally slept well and had good dreams.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
any of the above or a hammer...Seriously though, insomnia ain't fun.I've always been told to lie there with your eye's closed and pick a subject, e.g. food.Then every time you breathe in say in your head "A is for..." then when you breathe out say a word that fits. Go through the alphbet like this. If you get stuck allow yourself 3 attempts then just move on. Keep your breathing deep and regular. Always works for me.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I find that whenever that usually happens, the best thing to do is "just rest"... don't panic about not sleeping as I'm liable to do (Oh my god how am I going to function on X hours of sleep tomorrow)... Just lie there, think happy thoughts, and if your body wants to sleep, it will. If not, it may not have to and you'll be surprisingly rested on x-4 hours of sleep, or tired and then will sleep better the next night.Any consious thing that I try to do to fall asleep usually backfires. Except NyQuil (cold and flu medicine with alcohol)... that stuff is godly...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
valerian. works for me. but i dont take it often. smilePere

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
something that i do.. think of something that already happened in your life..this way you already know what happened and the dream sortof "flows" on its on.. its my idea that trying to think of something real hard is what keeps you awake.. so playing mind games wont work (for me atleast).. and when i used to listen to rock.. i couldnt fall asleep because in my mind id be singing the words.. now that i listen to trance it makes falling asleep sooooo much easier.. plus trance is better wink

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Smoke a bowl.(glowshow does not condone or promote the use of drugs. wink )

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
well, after writing, i pretty much just jumped into the couch that i call a bed and lay there for about another hour until sleep finally overcame me.im gonna go through the list in chronological order.I'll send my results in as i try out the suggestions. winkCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
I just wanna go homebadoom boom boomIm tired and i wanna go to bedboom boom boomI had a little drink about an hour ago, and its gone straight to my headbadoom boom boomOh,Wherever i may roam, o're land or sea or foam,badoom boom boomyou can always hear me singing this song to show me the way to go homeI just wanna go homebadoom boom boomIm tired and i wanna go to bed(and so on)yeah jaws is an awesome movie...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Jaws is a great film, I very nearly posted that song myself.it's 'show me the way to go home' rather than 'I just wanna go home' by the way smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know[This message has been edited by TheBovrilMonkey (edited 04 March 2002).]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well im sleeping better now anyway.What i decided to do was to stop ingesting any caffeine (coz i drink way too much coffee) and i did a bit of a health food stint (by this i mean fruit, veg, pasta, rice etc) which seemed to help quite a bit.Also uni starting last week, forcing me to get up earlier helped somewhat too.And Bovril's right. It is show me the way to go home. This tends to be a drinking song after a night on the piss. winkCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all