Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ok, I was sitting in a lecture daydreaming about whatever to avoid paying attention, when all of a sudden, it hit me. Poi On Ice. That would seriously kick booty. I mean, I thought of all the cool moves such as spins and whatnot figure skaters do and than imagined them incoorporating glowsticks or whatever with them. Fire would be cool, but I though prolonged use would make the ice get kind of wet and such. It all works in my head, can anybody else imagine this?------------------Ambiguous

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Busch Gardens and Cypress Gardens theme parks both have this already, as do a couple of the fairy tale themed skating shows.If you check out CubeFX, he also does fire and ice, but more along the lines of torches instead of poi I believe. And so long as you keep your tool from dropping, the ice should be fine for the limited amount of time the fire would go and being kept an entire body length above the ice!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
oh, very cool. I must have missed that when I went to Busch Gardens, but I was a little kid, so I probably didn't care too much at the time. I think it's be cool to see some person go crazy on ice, in the dark, with glowsticks. That for me would make figure skating worth while.------------------Ambiguous

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
This is such a cool idea but unfortunately one that, when I first thought of it a couple of months ago, was instantly relegated to the "to likely to cause ass-pain" section of my hindbrain.They were playing the Prodigy.I was ice-skating.I mimed poi for approx. 4.5 seconds and fell on my ass.Tried it in Hyde Park on roller baldes and the tails do stream nicely but it's bloody off-putting. Either I do good poi and nearly break appendages, or I skate along safely flapping like an idiot.But that was a few months ago... winkJ

Posh ravers wear ties.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Drakien, the visuals on that description were a riot! Any chance we can get you to vide tape it for the bloopers reel at the end of the next COL video? grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
hey me and fishjunkie did that just after christmas... his roof was totally covered in ice and snow, so we had a bit of a twirl out there... deadly, as my feet kept sliding appart and i kept hiting my shins...btb weave became a real struggle too, as my feet kept sliding backwards and i kept falling forwards! ...ps its a flat roof, not a pointy one!...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat