Page:
DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yes, I know, but poi (no "s") just doesn't sound right... so, anyways, I am really happy with the progress that our newbie spinners are making, in learning poi. Tiffany (Mistress Aurora), Chris (Dai Tenchi) and Haruko (Hal) have come a long ways in the short time they have been spinning... this video is yours....

And for the rest of HOP...hope you enjoy this one. It is the brainchild of Dio. He did ALL the work I did nothing... Dio deserves all the praise for editing. He realy is a better editor than I am. Many thanks to him for all his hard work on it. Let me just say that you realy haven't ever seen anything like this....

Edit: OK, OK, I finaly got all my typoes corrected... and link is inserted... and for political correctness.....

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/divxencoded.html

[ 15. July 2003, 14:26: Message edited by: DJ Dantana ]

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO! It looks great!

I had sooo much fun making this vid! The water balloon poi did the trick for a hot day.

This is to Dio...

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Psst, Dan, that's three people.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
dan i aways enjoy downloading your videos, I like the final scene, but overall i think you belly dancing vid is the best so far. A work of post-modern genius. Its got the most reaction over here.
I like the throws

now that tricky "s" and the apostrope,
well it depends what you're trying to say
is it:
" poi's gone mad "
as in your poi (the action of spinning) has gone mad or indeed "We're mad we are"

or is it
" poi gone mad "
as in the objects: Your poi, are a few links short of a ball chain.

Glass

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
LMAO

our poi are a few links short of a dog leash...

----------

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i like the hobby horse staff riding on "booty" that had me cracking up! you're one goofy mofo, man!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Might just be me, but I dont see a video link here...

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

1,032 posts

Posted:
Pois Gone Wild <----Link that Dan forgot

The above link will take you to our vid page.Just scroll down and find the "Pois Gone Wild" link.

Just remember to right click and "save target as" because our site only has a limited bandwidth.Hope that helps yall out

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
liked the vid much guys, made me chuckle lots.

Bring on the summer.

LiquidRealitymember
3 posts

Posted:
Great job with the video. It definately tickled my funnybone

Gave me a good laugh right before i left for work haha

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
cool, i'm downloading it now...yay?

¿

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
good job , well done, really funny

¿

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
dan, your not nekid again, please?

couldent take another....

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

1,032 posts

Posted:
Dan nekid!

Shudders at the thought

1,032 posts

Posted:
I already have some new ideas for Pois Gone Wild!

When yall (the remainder of our troupe) gets back here after summer vacation we need to make another funny vid.

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
GREAT VID guys......laughed all the way

Cheers

Mozy

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Haha absolutly hillarious! Beautiful video guys and gal. Water balloon poi... yeeeees... Can't wait for the next festival now!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
woot! can't wait to see it, sounds like another kickass dan vid

** edit **
hey good twirling vids look fun and poi gone wild has it in buckets
it should be required reading for people that take twirling too seriously (like moi!)
please tell me it was water.
please

[ 14. July 2003, 19:13: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
sounds like another kickass dan vid
Hey! This one was a TEAM effort!

When Dan makes his own vids we advertise them as such.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
please tell me it was water.
Yes it was....What did you think it was?

Wait do I really want to know the answer to that

1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
sounds like another kickass dan vid
Why is it whenever our troupe puts out a new vid that Dan is the one given credit for it?

I was the one who came up with the idea of the water balloon poi anyway, and figured out how to construct them with the help of Dio.

[ 15. July 2003, 12:01: Message edited by: Mistress Aurora ]

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Yup, and I'm the idiot with the linked sock poi, getting dizzy and trying to spin was Dio's.

Calling this a Dan video is a bit far from the truth.

But hey, it's not like the rest of us exist anyways, I guess we just exist to serve Dan, oh yeah, serve, serve, bolster, bolster, be a better footstool for the DJ!

/me grovels in the dirt and resigns himself to a life without recognition and purpose other than serving the only person in wildfire OK worth mentioning: Dan.

No one knows me like I do.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I think you misjudge, dans not famous, but in-famous. I ya wanna swap places......

Get yer Kit Off!

besides, he did start the topic and post the vid. :shrug:

l*r

T

-><- Kallisti

1,032 posts

Posted:
Look Dan isn't the only person in Wildfire Entertainment of Oklahoma vids!

The rest of us put out just as much effort as he does. We want the recognition we deserve also!

Look at it from the rest of our perspectives!

Dio was the one who came up with the idea for Pois Gone Wild. He came up with the music and how to film it.I came up with the water balloon poi, Dai Tenchi came up with the chain of sock poi, Dio came up with the idea of the staff dizzy spinning. Dan didn't film it either!

We want credit where credit is due!

It sucks everytime a vid comes out we are ignored and it is immediately Dan who gets recognition on a vid well done. We are never recognized by name. Just Dan. The rest of us have been on the boards before. We are trying to get recognition too!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
heyheyhey :holdsuphands:

thats not what im saying, i cant even watch the vid, and he did post the topic, and hes notorious, and hes the most public voice on HoP of your group. Im shure its all down to you but
quote:
I am really happy with the progress that our newbie spinners are making, in learning poi. Tiffany (Mistress Aurora), Chris (Dai Tenchi) and Haruko (Hal) have come a long ways in the short time they have been spinning... this video is dedicated to you.
Kinda inplies 1: your all his bitches and 2: its his video, shout at him, not us!

edit: ok, so reading a little further is says all the hard work done by Dio, but it says something I dint even regester that first or even second time round. (could just be stoopid nix? thats not new either)

T :whiteflag:

[ 15. July 2003, 13:48: Message edited by: +) ]

-><- Kallisti

1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
your all his bitches
This we CERTAINTLY ARE NOT!

It's not just on this vid, but ALL THE REST OF THE VIDS WE AS A TROUPE have put out.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Some clarification on the issue of posting this video, before we get too far into this debate.

I compiled the video myself using footage we captured that day and burned onto a cd so I could do the work on my PC at home (700 miles away from where we filmed). I'm on a crappy connection so I had to upload the video from work, which is a simple click and wait job. However, my Internet use there is somewhat monitored and I'm not really supposed to edit the webpage and stuff from work, so I just uploaded and told Dan to link it and let HoP know about the video availability.

I responded to Bender figuring he just made a typo or something (switch the words "dan" and "vid" and see how the meaning changes), hence the friendly tone, smiley, and joking undertone to the response.

More later, as I have business to attend to.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Hold on a second here, I did almost ZERO work on this video.... I burned off a cd of the raw data so that Dio could do all the work. I had basicaly Zero part in making it. Dio wanted me to introduce it, so I did. I certainly didn't mean to imply that you are all my bitches.... Please don't take it that way. I DID give full credit to Dio for making it... (so I guess that would malke us (including me) dio's be-atch... and I am ok with that...

I will edit the first post to clarify this issue...

lighten up people...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
sorry sorry sorry,
there I go stiring up trouble again, maybe for everyone elses benefit i should take up smokin again

I knew the 'all his bitches' comment would cause consternation amongst the litteral-minded, look, dan doesnt mind a bit of teasing, and thats all it is, I assure you.

at least we got that cleard up hey?

l*r

N

-><- Kallisti

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Hey, Dan, just so you know I don't have a problem with you.

Just don't like the HoP tendancy to joyfully acredit you with everything, I enjoy existing to, ya know.

Anywho.

I don't post here very often..... when I do it's usually to disagree with the vast majority of HoPsters, so I can accept the fact that I am unknown or unwanted ^_^

No one knows me like I do.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
by dan i mean that he was in it - and not exclusively.

if i caused any offence, i humbly apologise.
still, a fun video it was

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: