Forums > Social Chat > Going ghost hunting tonight.......

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Tonight is of course Halloween here in the States, and it is the first full moon in 46 yrs on Halloween.SO tonight me and my friend Hanna are going to go slam a few beers at the local bar, then head out to this small town called Old Town Spring about 30 minutes outside of Houston. It suspose to have 10 or so ghosts that inhabit the area, certain houses and trees..ect..ect.. The town has about 100 houses on about 10 streets. Its very small, all the homes have been converted into nick nick shops. They all sell jams, garden stuff, cutouts, dolls, handmade arts and crafts and stuff of that nature. The people that own the shops live like above the shops. The town has been there for over 150 yrs...So we are going to take my camera and a flashlight (light is for Hanna cause hes a wuss) and go try to get some paranormal experiences.There is this tree where they hung some guy, and he is not a happy camper. If you climb over the fence where the tree is, he will shove on you and knock things outta your hands and shit...There is another house/shop where the owner of the house wont speak about the ghost because last time he did, the ghost locked him in his basement for quite some time, then let him out. He lives there alone so it couldnt have been anyone else. they say that if you go around the house he will venture out to try to make you leave...I have goose bumps....this is gonnha be coolanyone else going ghost hunting?? if you do i wanna hear your experiences tomorrow..good luck guys and dont let any of them follow you home.And to make this POI related, im going to take my glowsticks and spin to see if that attracts any ghosts...."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i'm considering going outside and spinning some glo sticks around for the trick-or-treaters.. thought maybe the younger kids might get a kick out of it... or they might just take the sticks from me and make me look amateur.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Being one of those witchy pagan people, ghosts are part of normal life to me....and I could bore you for hours about local ghost stories. However, being Samhain, the night when the veil is the thinnest and a full moon is very powerful indeed....people might have encounters without hunting for them!(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh)All I can say is have fun and careful what you hunt for...it might be hunting you instead!(mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Ya know what Pele? If you were trying to weird me out.....then you did a good job. hee heeIs there a wauy to get them to follow you and then drop them off somewhere??

- Mark Twain

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Superman, You're lucky I'm not going. Because, as I stated in a post a while ago, I'm a unintentional ghostbuster. Wierd stuff just refuses to happen around me.One time I even killed a bunch of people and buried them in my basement to see if they'd come back to haunt me. Nope. No ghosts. Just Cops. Lots and lots of cops. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I wanted to go and spin some fire in the middle of a field near here tonight to see if it freaked out the locals. BUTI've run out of kero.....*begins to sob*------------------C@ntus

Meh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Im wondering how many people and how big halloween is in the UK, cause the tradition actually started with Irish Celts and the Catholic Church.....

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's not as commercial here as it is in the states. But it's getting that way. And we get loads of Americanisms creeping over here and noone seems to notice.I've never really bothered celebrating it. But some folks go all out.Trick or treating has a far more malevolent edge here too. There's a lot more emphasis on the trick element than on the treat. Kids tend to dress in horror costumes rather than any costume they can find. Not so many clowns and shit here. Although you get scary clowns....But here we have Guy Fawkes Day in 5 days so we have loads of fireworks and bonfires for that and the 2 festies intermerge...------------------C@ntus

Meh

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Hey SupermanIt sounds very 'Blair witch' to me......Im just gonna enjoy the full moon 2night, I live in the Scottish highlands on the edge of a sealoch about 17miles from civilisation. Its amazing, Im gonna take my poi out onto the shore, watch the moons reflection in the loch and enjoy the most fantastic place to be right now in our crazy world.....then Im gonna go inside, do 'accounts' (SHIT.....big anticlimax) and crash!!!.......hope u all have fun...enjoy!!!!love fromThe sad, lonley bitch in the highlands winkAngie xP.S...After messing about (naivley) when I was about 12, with a ouiga board, I would never mess with the other side ever again as long as I live....very very scary, real experience......oooooooooo dont go there!!! eeeeek!!! goosebumps thinking about it!!!------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'[This message has been edited by Angie (edited 01 November 2001).]

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You're just saying that to make me feel worse aren't you?

Meh

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Cantus.....come n play anytime....Im sure u could show me a few 'trick' or treats winkhe he...Angie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
Happy Samhain Pele. unfortunately i have to work so there will be no trick or treating for me frown but there is always time for me later to celebrate those who just recently past away. BLESSED BE. and happy halloween to everyone. (beware of the goblins if you dont' have a jack o latern out, they are very vicious creatures)------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
17 miles from civilisation Angie? Sounds fun. If you've got a stereo I'm yours. I feel the need to shatter some tranquility.And the idea of Lab4 and OS1 filling the highland air whilst I spin on some desolate shore sounds very appealing to me right now.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------C@ntus[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 04 November 2001).]

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Happy Samhain to you too GFM...long time no hear.Actually the Samhain traditions started long before the Catholics ever hit the isle, but they were more infamous afterwards. And many of the modernized traditions have a strong root in the history...everything gets bastardized over time! :sigh:So, Super...did you find anything? Did anything find you? I'd have to check on that pick it up and leave it. Normally they are either stuck to you or to a place, not really picked up and dropped like a bag of carrots but I am sure there is a spell for everything...even if I am answering late!We scared the shit out of some neighborhood kids (inadvertantly actually), went and begged for candy, left some treats on the porch for the "others". Nothing really happened except the same ole creaky-freaky antics of our household ghost. Anyone watch those shows where the families and friends and such go into the "haunted" places to spend a night. I watched a bunch of those this week and laughed while my hair stood up on the back of my neck!We did drive past a historic cemetery and my son said he saw a ghost...it was funny...I think it was his mask reflecting in the car glass! smile Does that count?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Man Halloween night was a bust...We didnt get to go out during the full moon. I went the next night and bumped around this allegedly Huanted graveyard about 10 minutes from where i lived. Its not too big only about 40 plots. I walked around for about 20 minutes. I usually wouldnt do it alone but i had this itch i had to scatch, and all my buddies are pussies.I hung out and saw nothing. I think i hit a cold spot, and i got a feeling of uneasyness there towards the end. When i get a feeling like that out of nowhere, its usually my sign to leave. Its almost like "Spidey sense"You get that chill on your neck, and have this overwhelming sense of ....well...the feeling something is there with bad intentions. I have felt it twice now. And i didnt like it so i left. Im going to go back with someone to see if it was just nerves, or if it was legitimate.NYC- if things are attracted to you, id love to head out into a graveyard with you to see what you draw in. I want to be really frightened. Hollywood does nothing for meThere are very few things that actually scare me.Mortal man strikes no fear in me, for what can he do to me, that i cannot do to him?But have a spirit which i cannot see push me down....now that is scary...."S"

- Mark Twain

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sounds romantic. NYC and Super all alone in the graveyard late at night, clinging together cos they're scared......how sweet grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
is that a personal attack??

- Mark Twain

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
and besides...youre just jealous..------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain