Forums > Help! > Fuel at Glastonbury?

Login/Join to Participate

Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
Another Pre-Glastonbury question from another Glastonbury Virgin:

On going to Glastonbury this year I pretty much intend to Fire Poi and breathe non stop. What advise is there for fuel. Do they sell it there at outragious prices or should I bring Jerry can of my own stuff?

Cheers.

What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

Come alive!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Got to bring your own hunny.. don't forget you gotta carry it all too, it's a big site..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Personally I plan to steal it from Te Poka whilst they're not paying attention - shhh, don't tell them - but i wouldn't recommend that course of action to anyone else.

You could try nicking it from MisStix when she's too stoned to care (my guess is, about 5 minutes after she gets on site)

Best option bring your own to avoid upset and disapointment.

Meh

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Jerry cans are the way forward. They cost about £10 from army surplus places for 20L ones, cost me £13 to fill it with paraffin from the local hardware store. The only problem is the hassel of carrying a jerry can or decanting fuel into other containers to carry around.

MarkP, Chloe and I took 52L last year and burnt it all, though I am fairly free with who I let burn my fuel. Got a friend with a vehicle pass to drive it onsite for us, might be able to do something similar again this year. I might be able to sort out a similar set up again this year, but won't really know until closer to the time.

I'll try and find out if my mates will be up for carrying fuel on for loads of people. There are basically 2 problems. 1) getting your fuel to me in sensible containers before Wednesday.
2) meeting up to get your fuel back off me on site ;-)
both are probably easily solveable. As long as my mates don't mind sitting on a large fuel dump for a day or so...

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
C@ntus - are you encouragin people to take advantage of me in my stoned haziness?? Bad C@ntus - I'll tell the Fairy that you are encouraging people to steal from me when I'm vunerable... anyway - I'll be too stoned to care about 2hours b4 I get in..

Yeah Woody! How the devil are you sir? I may jsut ask you if you could take a can or two in for me.. My arms ended up being exten-do-arms last year... sure one ended up longer than the other.. if thats ok..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I strongly suggest that the fuel you atke should be in an easily transportable form.

Something with wheels preferably but it is also worth considering how rough the site is as our second hand golf cart took a severe battering last year!!!!

If not lugging a 20l jerrycan from the green fields to the dance tent and then back to the stone circle can become really tiring!

Have loads of fun people I dont think I will be making it to the festival this year unless I can manage to wangle something at the last minute.

Take care,

Mark P.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
shame on you C@nyon... suggesting people steal from us... you can't even spell our name right...

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can spell Mineiro right but you don't seem to be able to any more....

Meh

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Hey MisStix*, am doing fine. Just starting a run of night shifts... Looking forward to Free the Weed and a party this weekend....

Haven't spoken to my mates yet to find out if they have a vehicle pass or not yet. Will find out, oooh, well sometime before the week before glasto.....

I'll keep you posted....

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.