Forums > Technical Discussion > conecting move for the corkscrew

Login/Join to Participate

enlliwmember
16 posts

Posted:
basically as it says in the title, can'y seem to do anything except hitting myself in the face! it would be nice to have some teeth left

if you do not suceed try try again

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
You can bend into a corkscrew from a windmill (the two moves are basically the same)

You can twist into a corkscrew from the weave.

One of my favorite transitions is to start off doing what someone calls a "teacup move" (I don't know why), where your arms are straight out at your sides and you are doing flat circles above and below in opposite directions. I do a waist-wrap with one hand and duck into a corkscrew. Always get compliments on that one.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

enlliwmember
16 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the advice it was really helpfull, i'm still a little confused about the 'teacup' i think i have got arm dyslexia, so your arms are horizontal, right? can't see any physical possibility of doing it if they are vertical,
confused!!!!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yes, both are horizontal, but spinning at the sides, rather than in front, as you do in a normal corkscrew.
a very original transition, Adam!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Another is to have your arms outstreached (horizontal) and spin in a circle the poi spinning in an even bigger circle - speed up a little with the music (normally bouncing around ) and then when you are about to get too dizzy bring the poi into the corkscrew and try not to fall over (I normally end up going into the windmill fairly quickly as there is less ablance involved

The corkscrew - windmill transition is nice and easy and I find I drop straight into windmill just by standing upright from a corkscrew.

Also from windmill I find that if you lean right back you can fairly easily transfer into a corkscrew that is going behind your back and above your chest. I know I am doing this one correctly when they are spinning in horizontal planes and I get black marks on my arse from the wicks - sometimes it can be a little hard to balance while doing this (altered states etc) so you could drop to one knee beforehand to make it easier.

Mark P

enlliwmember
16 posts

Posted:
cheers my dear, that sounds really cool, i give it a go tonight!! emxx

mirabelismember
11 posts

Posted:
I usually go from a corkscrew to the chasing the sun and vice versa. Works well for me

cheers
Mira

[ 19 August 2002, 13:18: Message edited by: mirabelis ]

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
from a reverse weave 3bt . when your about to take the right hand back to the left , sweep it horizontaly over to the left and turn 90 deg to the left and bring your right arm up and heyhey your in the corkscrew,

have fun with this one its really smooth after some practice,

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

warren79BRONZE Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Are there any tutorial videos for BTB corkscrew....not sure if its called that but its when you move the corkscrew from the front(eg: in a clockwise direction) of your body then slowly all around then ending up in front again.....I kind of started learning it last night but a vid would help a lot.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
https://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe8kdiNpO1c

Matrix move is the one you're after, warren79. ^_^

hug

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
GOod lord its so good to see Nick again. Thanks for the link, MNS! I am going to go poiticipate and donate something to that lovely man immediately
Cheers
G

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Try going from reverse weave, as you have both poi on one side bring your arms up a bit and do a half turn at the smae time like you would go into a foward weave but mess up the plances and flick it into a corkscrew. When you play with it enough it becomes a quick easy way to change planes, also works well with 5-beat but its a bit tricky-er-ish.

Don't mind me, just passing through.