Forums > Technical Discussion > difference between swinging torches and juggling torches

Login/Join to Participate

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
what is the difference between swinging torches and juggling torches? Is it the weighting, proportions or just that knob on the end? Are swinging torches easy to juggle or juggleable at all? i'd like to buy clubs- but being quite an investment with my income-id like them to be mutlipurpose ie. juggleable and swingable- any advice anyone?love bel.

Blackfiremember
15 posts

Posted:
Hi Belle,at juggling torches it is the most important that the weight is balanced. At swinging torches the Knob on the end is the most important part. It's a more difficult to swing Juggling torches because you can't grip them as well as swining torches, but its possible. ------------------Blackfire

Blackfire

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
Thanks Blackfire!!
Also, and still to do with juggling torches (sort of) Burnfest came up with this wicked idea- which i hadn't thought of before- of glow in the dark juggling balls and i though glowing clubs would be cool also - does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to make either glowie juggling balls or clubs? I have a basic set of juggling clubs already- can i paint them somehow or what other options do i have- maxamine glow would be priority- of course
luv bel

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hi Belle,
You can buy UV and glow in the dark balls and clubs. To make them you could track down some UV paint, however this tends to be fabric paint and probably won't hold onto a shiny club surface for long.

As to the difference between clubs, I can give some advice as a new-commer to 3-club juggling and club swinging. Blackfire is right in that juggling torches are weighted for spinning in the air, and swinging torches are for swinging in the hand. Most juggling clubs don't have nice grips and 'knob' for spinning, and are much wider that swinging clubs. However I think you can use one set of juggling clubs for both.

I own a pair of swinging clubs, straight aluminium with a wick on the end. I couldn't juggle with those, the weight is all wrong. My juggling clubs are some very nice UV active 'Radical Fish'. These clubs are thinner than most others and have an oversize knob to use for spinning. So maybe you can get a set of Fish and try those. Any juggling shop worth it's salt will let you have a go first.

Hope this helps a bit!

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
check out this site for their luminous clubs
Beard

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
the circus i preform with has construsted a set of fire balls with little eye-hooks so that mid burn we can clip them to chains and swing them around. this is done almostin unison with a torch juggler who outs one torch and swings them around. i think she just put a whole swak load of tape on the ends of her pins.
yeah
globall has some nice stuff a bit pricey but worth every penny