yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Hello, haven't been in this forum for some time hehewell, anyone know what lenght is the perfect lenght for long staff? I like long staff, not short ones for doubles staffinI am 182cm, anyone know what would be a great size for a long staff for me? BTW i like passing the staff from one hand to another(figure 8 or weave whatever it is called) and to do corkscrew.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Yashiro...good to see you back again...And I think you've just answered your own question! Everyone is different and has personal likes and dislikes...so stick with what you like...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Charles, I know that " Everyone is different and has personal likes and dislikes..." but, not everyone like me have $$$ to buy the staff here in this site, that's why i'm asking before buying those cool concentrate staff =)

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I guess the key is to try a couple out if you can. Do you have friends who have staffs? Alternatively, do you have access to two broom handles. If you do (they tend to be shorter), join them together to make a longer stick & try twirling them. Then adjust the length by moving how much of the broom handles overlap. That way you can try out different lengths & see what you like. Hope that makes sense.As a guide, a staff to your shoulder height may get a little difficult to twirl winkRemember that the weight of a staff bought here will be different, so when you get the staff at a particular length, you may find it moves differently to what you had tested out.R.[This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 02 April 2002).][This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 02 April 2002).]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
My own staff is 52", and I'm 68" tall. The Bec & Elke book recommends a staff as tall as your sternum--mine is a bit taller than that. The length does limit me on some moves, but there are other moves I couldn't do if it were shorter (or much longer).I made some doubles, and those are 42". Seems about right for me.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
thanks guys smileAs I told you, i like to pass the staff to the other hand while spinning, I got Xaeda's lesson #25 perfectly done, but i don't do it often (dirt & stuff)Thanks again, i'll buy it in a few months and then practice and then burn it