Diesel_RaVermember
15 posts

Posted:
Hi, in light to Xochidance's topic, i was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a set for me, im really interested in them and would like to learn/practice with a set, if anyone is skilled enough to beable to craft me a pair for a nominal fee, id love to hear from you (email me at DieselraverXTC@hotmail.com) or you can just post here smile hope to get tons of responses. keep in mind im looking for a set for a beginner, nothing cheep, but nothing too crazy like 24K gold chain linking and Itallian Leather Straps either smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
C'mon knucklehead. Let's meet up, I'll help you make them. smile It's much easier than you think. I know you can get everything you need downtown by me.Why not hook up with me and see if you like my design first?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
I use home made poi, and don't have any problem with them - except that I am currently using cotton as a wick, and have to change them out after about 5-10 burns. If you want to purchase poi on the web, and just can't wait till homeofpoi gets restocked you can go to www.poishop.FZs.com (otherwise known as Ithaca's poi home) and purchase poi there. You need proof of age, and they don't sell fire poi to anyone under 21. She is a little more expensive than homeofpoi.fire poi- $37.00with chain instead of wire- add $2.90double fire poi- $66.00wick (size not specified)- $7.30 per meterhope this helps you out some.Later

later - Smilee

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
i've said it once, I've said it 10 times, but I'll say it again:Make your own toys. NYC is right - it's not difficult and it's o so rewarding. smileI have a greater affinity with the toys I have made than those I have bought. This sounds silly, but the toys I have made each have their own personality and trigger different styles of spinning within me. Good luck smile------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Diesel_RaVermember
15 posts

Posted:
NYC: Sounds good, id love to meet up, im pretty busy during the week, and on the weekends im usually free unless its work but im definitly looking foward to it, let me know about your schedule in the next coming days maybe we can chill, i've been trying to learn how to glow stick also, so if your good and have some phatass moves you can show me id be much obliged, btw, do you hit up any clubs in the city? i frequent Limelight former Tunnel, Webster, Vinyl every now and then and some others. let me know, same with everyone else does anyone else in nyc go to clubs???