Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Earthdance, International peace festival Oct 12

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Give peace a dance!
The hippy dance festival,Earthdance will be linking up live across the world, Australian locations including Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Byron Bay!

Non-Https Image Link

The Melbourne event will feature a free-entry day spirituality festival and a night time $25 psytrance rave party. woot!

The day festival
held the Gasworks Park Port Melbourne(cnr Pickles & Graham Streets, Port Melbourne ) from 11am 'till Sunset (Opening Ceremony will be held 11 – 11.30pm), featuring:
Harmonic chanting & Meditation for peace by the The Gyuto Monks of Tibet. I swear this harmonic chanting is unlike anything you've ever heard! shakes your soul!World Market Area, Community information, Tee Pee Village, yummy food Music by UamI (Live), Sugar (Live), Mantrix (Live), Miss Rene, Inner Realm (Gavin Martin & Jeroen Kra), Aaron Smiles, Andrew Garton, Dak, Dom Peyote, Sun Hyland, Samadhi, Funky John, Bruce Rodgers, The Sneaker Trio, Ben. Blue Turban Percussion, Samantha PotterDécor by Metaform, Spidamonkey, Aquaria, Organic Fairies, B Sirius, Genie Flip, Stellardomes
Workshops
Yoga – Tanya StarTai ChiChi Kung & Wushu – Master LuiDevelop Intuition through Art – Monique PlaqueNon-Focal Meditation – Brett SimpsonCircus Skills – Matty G,West African Drumming – Blue Turban PercussionPeace Empowerment & The Violet Flame – Premi Mereki, Geshe SonamBelly Dancing -Underbelly Dance CompanySpontaneous ChoirLove Fairies Children's Dome: Face Painting, action dance movements, children's mediation, children's yoga, story telling, hoola hoop workshop, wishing star tree art activity, fairy & goblin wing making, treasure hunt & disco dancing
Shangri-la Healing Oasis
Thai, Swedish, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue, Remedial, lomi lomi massageReikiReflexologyAromatherapyKinesiologyPranic HealingAcupressureTCMCrystal healingMyofascial releaseTherapeutic touch
Performances
Sky Mantis & the Angle of LoveJapanese ButtohMaya & MaduUnderbelly Dance CompanyPhil & Renata

Non-Https Image Link
The Night Psytrance rave partyThe Earthdance Benefit Night Event held after the day festival at the Colonial Hotel cnr King & Lonsdale St, Melbourne will last from the 10pm opening ceremony 'til the Global Dance Floor Link up 9AM "Prayer For Peace"

[list]Mark Allen (Quirk, Return to the Source) Sally Doolally (U.S.T.A) Jammin (Artcore) Andrew Haig (Global Eyes) Benza (Demon Tea) Billy the Kid Dom Hogan (Karella Records) Miles (Big Bus Dub) Morpheas Nirav Olli Olsen (Psyharmonics) Ozzy (Tribeadelic) Rip Van Hippy (Psyharmonics) Sensei (Third Empire) Spock (Greenant)
VJ's:Stah Graphics, Techno Magic, Adam
Décor:Voodoo & Sioux

Advance Tickets $25/$20
Door $30
www.earthdance.com.au - Oz event details
www.earthdance.org - International event details

what a complete earth festival!! nothing like this to this scale has been done before in Melbourne!! seeyas in ya happy ponchos with ya smiley pois there!!!
namaste!

[ 10 October 2002, 16:47: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
.bender, yours sounds wonderful!

SAN FRANCISCO/ SANTA CRUZ

Kyrian, for sure there may be several San Francisco-area Earth Dance events. check into that San Francisco coupla major rave calendar sites, sorry, don't know them right now, a little looking, ask around in Santa Cruz from ravers.

SAN DIEGO

in San Diego, Veronica & Valerie & The Vibe Tribe are anchoring, but told me there's no plans to light up firetoys! they are on good terms with the fire marshal, and are cautious, so we can't promote it around here as any kind of definite fire party. it's in a suburban park, so very iffy. but might be a good party, haven't gone to get the dj list yet, will soon, & post for our region, but The Vibe Tribe gurls are pro party hostesses, what they get hired for, go around & dance & pump up the energy by embracin da crowd.

SoCal

around SoCal, soon's i check, sure we prolly got 3 or 4 Earthdance events different directions, & Arizona's next door in the desert is said to be the closest to a massive (in SoCal that means, properly, 5,000+ heads) they got going now.

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND

yo in Oz & NZ too, how many come to Earthdance in each city? what do y'all expect this year?

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

crazee_daisymember
2 posts

Posted:
aww i wish i lived in oz, that sounds amazing *gutted daisy* well have fun if ur going...im just checking the site out now:)

btw hi everyone, being as im new and u wont recognise me.....

peace
daisy

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Gosh this is where all the T.O. peeps are hiding. Hey if you guyz are going to Australia I'm coming too. I can't really afford the plain ticket...can I share a seat with one of you

Om Namah Sivaya

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
FireMike - we are expecting 600 people at the very least to come to Earthdance in Sydney.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
1 more sleep til the start of the Sydney party! Hooray!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yay, flash fire, hope Melbourne, Sydney, & all the rest of you wonderful south pacific peeps have a ripping good party, & get some good vibes in for me, too, in absentia, would you?

600+ in Sydney? a bit shameful the big close-to-LA towns here are not happening this year, but San Diego has 2 parties, and anyone coming here, i recommend Tucson, Arizona, where it could even hit near 3,000, and may be the big party of the year. we've made a major post of the SoCal offerings from San Francisco to Tucson to San Diego in our SoCal thread if ya wanna see what we got around here.

Bender, your flyer is deliciously sweet, i think my favorite of all the ones i've seen.

if i'm up to going out, as i'm recuperating from something at home right now, i'll prolly make it to the first San Diego event, where pozee said he's likely to be with the Vibe Tribe where he's crew, and Veronica rains sparks as resident Fire Goddess.

One Earth, One Dance, One Tribe.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
twirl twirl fire fire!!!....yay can't wait for tonight...big hugs to all earthdancers and twirlers around the globe. Whenever I smell the sweet scent of firewater I'll be thinking of you. Happy dancing lurvs XX OO

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ima glad ya stopped sniffing the kero, tjoni!
as for earthdance, it was the happiest day i've had in the city in years! textbook summerday, hippyvibes festival atmosphere in spades and all the fun you could fit in a conbi! from the packed gardens, it's clear to see that earthdance will only get bigger and bigger.

Kerazee closing ceremony with dan/pyroptix performing the most skillful enclosed twirl ever!he had about 2m wide circle clear of crowd to perform a massive repertoire!

this summer's gunna be huge-normous for fire! so many twirlers that there were several peeps doing staff, poi, devil stix, hoops, juggling clubs/balls/hoops constantly from the start! roll on summer roll on!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: