is anybody headed down?

cheers

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Don't forget it's the same night as the Reclaim the beach party.

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Might be So look out for other spinners. Looks like rain tho.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I'm going down, i move back to Brighton soon, so i will be well happy to be having a massive part on my home town beach. I am planning on taking my Poi, i'm only a beginer only been doing it for a month, i'm really trying to learn to do the weave at the moment, but i'm finding it so hard. What do you do? Poi, fire? We should meet up and spin together; its always better in numbers. Let me know if you want to mee.

The bigger the pants the better!

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Yay!! someone's going yay!

Cool, I'll be down in brighton quite early (leaving at 9:30am ish) if anyone wants to meet up either PM me or just spin you poi whilst your there, that's my plan for the day.

Azie, I've PM'd you by the way.

Dom, you going or are you still unsure?

*But you're so tired...*

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey Sub,
Me and a couple of fire friends of mine are gonna go too! Gonna be an awesome time, rain or shine!

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can you tell me if Chris Moyles from Radio 1 turns up and/or has an active part. I'm just curious.

Meh

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
OK,

for everyone that's going I reckon we should look for people playing with Poi(or whatever you prefer) and head towards each other.

I know not much of a plan but I reckon it'll work.

For all the people playing with fire, do you have any post party plans? any nice outdoory things happening?

C@ntus - Doesn't look like Moyles is involved, could of course appear of his own accord, apparently it's supposed to be on E4 (live maybe, I have no idea).

oh and Brighton Council have asked that there are no fires on the beach, still it is a pebble beach so....fair enough I suppose.

*But you're so tired...*

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I'm really looking forward to it, and looking forward to meeting up with other spinners, its always nice meeting peopele with Poi.

I would try and make a general meeting time and place, but to be honest i have no idea where i will be after The Big Beach Boutique, on the beach, in a club, but i think the just looking for other spinners is the best idea and head towards each other. So keep your eyes peeled; i have the begginers Poi with bright pint wings from them.

Don't worry about the fire, even though the council has said no fires, there is always lots of fires on the beach in the summer.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
BigBeachBoutique.com

With 35000+ people going it's going to be madness in Brighton! I'm sure if you explain politely the difference between a fire and poi on fire you'll be allowed.

I'm probably heading down early afternoon, and will be spinning if there's any room to spin (unlikely!).

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I heard it was going to be more like 50,000; apparently there was 35,000 last year, and that was on a friday, so this year being on a sturday it will be more ram packed. Good more people to suck into the world of Poi; i always make it my aim to convert at least one person into a spinner!!! I'm going down to Brighton tonight, and will be on the beach from around 2ish xx.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Well, that was a little hectic 250,000 people descending upon Brighton. 100 tonnes of rubbish turning the beach a different colour.

I was by the rusty half pipe until it started, after which we moved back to the peir to chill out. After which it was a pretty nice evening and night on the beach. Bit of spinnin, lots of chillin.

Hope everyone else who went had fun and didn't get involved in all the agro and stress that seemed to be around.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
well that was definately different.

managed to learn a couple of new moves whilst there though.

hope everyone made it back safely, some unsavory so-and-so pinched my mates car , made it fun getting back

Dom, I saw you by the rusty pipe, walked passed didn't stop very long, trying to find a home.

[ 16 July 2002, 20:27: Message edited by: sub ]

*But you're so tired...*