Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
LLcoolpat and I were talking on the phone and he thought of getting together on Fiesta Island. We randomly threw off a few dates and March 4th starting at 7:30 worked the best.

So I was wondering, anyone else have access to Fiesta Island that would want to go? I've never had more than one person twirl Fire on the beach, but my friend was twirling glowsticks while I was doing Fire. I've never seen any sherrifs in the 3 times I've been there, but I don't know if we have a big turnout if we'll make more of a scene.

I will try to be there earlier around 7:10 - 7:20 twirling some poi with green/blue ribbons. I'm low on funds for myself, so I won't be able to supply any fuel sorry about that... but I will be saving my allowance to buy as much fuel as I can to supply for you guys.

E-mail me at ecross@san.rr.com if you plan to go so I have an idea of who's going, and if I should scout out other spots also, I'll give you my phone number (so I don't get some crazy's calling my house). We'll be on the far side of the island around the last bend away from people so there is a minimal chance of people freaking out about the spinning fire

Hope to talk or see some of you very soon!
Kinudin

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
kinudin,
sounds great, are you sure about the date thing? i see that there is one going on the 10th. but hey i have no clue where fiest island is. by the way, where do you live?

anyone got a light?

LLcoolPatmember
38 posts

Posted:
Pozee,
Fiesta Island is right off the 5 at Sea World Dr. Make a right off the fwy, 1st right 1st left and you're there. What's going on on the 10th? I may want to go play.

1,325 posts

Posted:
Yeaaa! It turned out PERFECT. Thank you for coming Pozee and LLCoolPat! I got to try fire staff TWICE. Amazing.

Aside from my Fire poi breaking (boy, that was a cool sight )everything went well.

Pozee - Man... I'm speechless. About your performances and generosity.

LLCoolPat - Thanks for comin' man and meetin' up wit me again. Was a great pleasure. (I think I'll lay off of the Unicycle for a while though heh). For your first staff light up, you gave those people a great show with a reeely long burn time!

Once again, THANKS ALL!

Kinudin

PS
Austin and Michael improved alot as well. This was Michael's first time out ever doing Poi except in my front yard, and you two were a great influence on him. Austin might have picked up another toy (although that staff was about 3 inches shorter than him, he worked at it! Fingerspins I tell ya, fingerspins)

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey! I wanted to go last night but my ride was busy...What is this going on on the 10th? I looked around the events board but could not find anything...

1,325 posts

Posted:
Calvran, I'm going to send you an e-mail with the flyer I got about it. That should have all of the information you need. And if you have any questions, there's a phone number at the bottom.

(NOTE: I'm not organizing this so don't ask for Kinudin when you call (if you do) )