Page:
FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well as the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer, Wednesday nights in Camperdown park should start ramping up again!Come down to the park from about 7pm, bring your toys, some fuel and have a twirl!We're always looking for some drummers to come along and play along with us, so if anyone knows, or is in a drumming circle that may be interested ... let them know to come down smile------------------Frenzie - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
oct 3rd :WednesdayCloudy with a few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm, clearing during the afternoon with increasing sunny periods. Moderate to fresh northwest winds turning moderate west to southwest later in the day.crappy weather yet again .....argh!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Oct 10th:Fine, mostly sunny day. Moderate northeasterly winds, fresh along the coast in the afternoon.Its looking good outside!------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If you look directly DOWN you should be able to see me. I'll be with you in spirit. winkHey, speaking of which, how warm DOES it get in December down there? What about February? (Don't worry, I can do celsius to farenheit!) May have to plan a trip to somewhere warm next winter... er... summer...er ... December.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Finally..... nice weather on a Wednesday! smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
In sydney usually averaging around the 30 degree mark throughout summer, sometimes higher, up to about the 40 mark, but with global warming..... Fairly average humidity, but stinking hot!Just at the moment we've been having bad runs of wednesdays, and even today its a bit windy where i am...which makes twirling difficult!------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Err... when's summer? smile December? Feb? And how cold is it in July/Aug? I got breaks coming up and I probably won't make it out but it does give me something to dream about. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
We're the opposite of you, so we're now in spring and summer is dec-feb (yay)Winter is fairly mild in sydney, though it think its cold *grin* but then im just a wuss!

Augustamember
9 posts

Posted:
Aargh smile For the fourth consecutive Wednesday, the weather has looked imposing enough to keep me at home.And I swear, whether it rains, whether it hails, whether it monsoons, I will be at Camperdown Park next Wednesday, even if the park itself is on fire and I have to stand in the street.-- AugustaIn girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

Augusta'What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.'

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I will be too smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yay! Finally the weather is on our side, last night was a lovely night and heaps of people and some drummers and people with guitars!WoohooSummer is coming

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Wednesday is here once again and we're on!Should be a nice night and plenty of drummers are coming along I hear!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
This week should be fun and have the relay gear there and hopefully pass on to some more HOPers to enjoy round Sydney and Australia!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Shameless bumping....

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
well myself, frenzie and dangerboy showed up to the park this week, bringing along the relay gear...and there was nobody to pass it onto frownSo we have it in our posession for another week, is anybody interested in taking it off us next wednesday? Same place usual time??Anybody?

....lurks

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well hopefully we will have a few more people this week than last week! Want to get the relay gear doing something so we need some participants else im gonna have to send it in in the next few weeks...!

Olliemember
4 posts

Posted:
Hi there....I'm not only new to Sydney, I'm new to this site too...have spent most of my boring day at work (saving to continue travelling in OZ)reading this site...and it's brilliant, very informative and friendly.I just wanted to know where I could go in Sydney to be with others. Somewhere chilled and with no attitude. I have just started learning, pretty much on my own, just observing others but would love to speak and practice with others. I find there is more energy & spirit if there's a few people together.I've learned quickly and am already doing it with fire...(completly hooked!)Cheers..

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
I'm also a newbie and terribly addicted to poi...although I'm sick of twirling in my lounge room (I'll break something if I get too much more adventurous)...I'm thinking about trekking to newtown next week for a twirl - so all you regular twirlers: prepare for some over-zealous-happy-to-be-out-of-the-lounge-room next week! smile

Olliemember
4 posts

Posted:
What's the relay gear? Which you want to pass on....I'm intrigued?Will you all be down the park next Wednesday....the 19th?

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
I'll be there with another newbie friend who is also addicted, as we're moving to stanmore for a while, so newtown won't be too far to trek we figure smile ...my guess is there's going to be afew of us...weather permitting

Olliemember
4 posts

Posted:
I'll try my best to come (also weather permitting!). Newton is quite far from where I live...don't even know where the park is...but I'll figure it out! Is it Camperdown Park???See you then hopefully....

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Havent checked this one for a while, the park is camperdown memorial park in newtown. It is behind king street on the dendy cinema side, where the newtown festival is held. The cemetary is there as well.We play down the Australia street end.Everyone is welcome, just bring along your toys and some fuel and any musical instruments that you want to play (music helps) and have some fun smileThe relay gear is equipment sent from other HOPers that is gonna travel around the place.Check out the forum on the spinning cross continental relay!Sorry for the delay in replying smileHope to meet you soon! (Or did i meet you last night?)

Olliemember
4 posts

Posted:
Sorry, I couldn't make it on Wednesday...and probably won't now until after Xmas....How did it go? So Merry Xmas to you all and I'll see you soon.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
No worries, ive been sick and over xmas its pretty quiet time for all.Ill hopefully be back next week though if im not coughing my lungs up still!

LLcoolPatmember
38 posts

Posted:
Isn't there a fire ban in Sydney? I was talking to my cousin who lives in Bondi and she said you couldn't have beach bonfires or anything. I hope the police aren't too harsh out there.

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
Haven't made it down to the park yet, but as my new years resolution is to actually go and i've only just started fire - i'm all excited now to be meeting other fire twirlers! smile *fingers crossed the fire-ban is over soon*

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
There is a total fire ban in all of NSW atm, but usually we dont have a problem in the park. The police and fire brigade are just around the corner and for the last year of doing this, we have never been questioned once.We do bring along a fire extinguisher just in case, although its never been needed. Hopefully some rain will come soon and give these bush fires a beating. So very sad.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
My thoughts are with you Frenzie et al.

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
just thought that I'd add something:due to day light savings, dusk isn't upon us until around 8pm at the moment, so come a little later than 7.30pm. Most people show up after 8.30pm.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
ARGH dont encourage it Flash!Not everyone wants to stay out late!

aSh_vs_aODBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
how many people usually go to this thing?cuz me and my friend went to check it out(and it musta been a weathery night or sumfin) but noone was there.are first timers and stuff welcome??

Page: