saffiremember
27 posts

Posted:
I've been pretty lucky as far as poi & staff injuries are concerned, just a few bruises and scorched hair. There are, however, a lot of urban legends and horror stories floating about. Does anyone want to share?

DONT PANIC
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
well ok, if you want a real horror story...one day in my backyard i was practicing (no fire at all) and i dropped my staff on my foot. WOOOOOW! watch out for that! Obviously i'm just joking but if you are a sick twisted little fuck and really want horror burn stories why not sift through the old threads? there are plenty if you ACTUALLY LOOK.chow:Chotys:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sorry! I am new at this, but we're not all perfect you know.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Ouch Ouch.. Padding on my 15 pound beast of a cross wore off the ends. Clocked myself right in the forehead with some high speed soild steel. No Blood but I've got a huge sore lump there even three days later.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
perhaps if the search button were available on other pages as well as the 'new topic' page, you would have less inquiries about content on the board?if the option is there it is well hidden.-------------------nee

-nee

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Thats a good Point Malcom. The search feature is a little hard to see. .02centsSuper'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
May I add that it'd maybe be good if from any place in the board you could move to another section without necessarily going back to the HOP Bulletin board. For example moving from "social" to "move" without having to go back ?shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Cassandra--That is possible already. At the bottom of the page, there is a "hop to: (social discussion)" menu.[This message has been edited by adamrice (edited 22 August 2001).]

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Honestly i havent really hurt myself that bad.. (with my toys) once i smacked my self in the head trying to do a one handed butterfly with beaming poi.. that kinda sucked.. my second staff burn i singed the hair off the left side of my head (just a little) it left neat little black soot marks on my neck and shoulder of kevlar and screw heads..kinda fun.. it was great for the show though *lol* oh once i got kerosene in my eye but it wasnt as bad as it sounds./that about as extream as i got.. ive hurt myself worse sword fighting.i met this one girl that tore her retina with a glow stick.. once.. she almost lost her eye.. ------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Also, the search option is available on every page courtnee. It is tiny and written in blue directly under the new topic/post reply buttons at the top of each page.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
ah, i see it now. my suggestion then changes to making it bigger and more noticable. give it its own button or something. -------------------nee

-nee

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think malcolm is unable to change the look of the search button.We've had a similar discussion before and that's what I recall...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.