neomember
4 posts

Posted:
I have inveted a new trick called the corkskrew spiner you are spining and doing the corkskrew I think it will look good( ) with fire or gloing poi!

Heya all i'm a newbie at poi swinging!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Great to hear you figured out how to do that move but tis not a new move by any means

neomember
4 posts

Posted:
By the way is that a good move?

Heya all i'm a newbie at poi swinging!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
no doubt, if you can manage to do a 4 beat corkscrew and try doing a couple of rotations (If you spin fast enough you can actually do it forever but you have to train yourself not to get dizzy) seems like your holding the poi over your head for the longest time.

wanderinglintonmember
31 posts

Posted:
Yeah - it is actually one of my favorite moves..
If you break each half of the corksrew by holding the poi out at arms length and spinning your body 180 degrees (or 360 if you can manage it quickly enough) the poi do a huge arc due to their centripetal force and then you bring them in again to the corkscrew etc.. etc.. keep going until you collapse of dizzyness - hehe

The punters go wild.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I hit someone spreading my arms like that one time. The person just freaked out like they were going to die. When will people learn it isn't as dangerous as it looks.

wanderinglintonmember
31 posts

Posted:
Of course, if everyone knew that it was not as dangerous as it looks, we'd lose a lot of the Ooh Aah factor.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
True that. I think someone once said that even if you are doing the simplest of moves, you get so much better crowd reaction if you scrunch up your face and contort your body a little. Something else that's good for kicks is to do a wrap, and then stall for a second before you unwrap. LOL! They think you are on fire, and everyone takes about a half step forward. Fun!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Lol......"everyone takes a step forwards cos they think you're on fire!" tee hee....

Anyway - I like spinning in the opposite direction to the 4 beat corkscrew I'm doing - it sort of lifts it up over you and onto the other side as you arch your back and looks pretty good too. Bit confusing sometimes though.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Girls get attention when they arch their back regardless

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*looks sternly and dissaprovingly at phunky*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I do hope, Phunky, that you are not looking at my girlfriend's chest!

She does look mighty sexy when she's spinning though. I have to admit.....

Meh